1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Tha Races

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

What about that little bunny and his friends in those Mountains with all those Fire Giants? They looked pretty, umm, powerful :p

2. Ariyn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Great things come in small packages. I love the idea that that such power can come from some cute little thing. I just wish they had class selection.

3. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If I played more thieves then Halflings would definitely be my race. But for some reason I'm just not a big thief person in the BG games. Others it depends on my mood but it's really just not usually my thing in this game. I play mages more often and so I go with elves alot.

[ April 17, 2006, 11:50: Message edited by: starwalker ]

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I try to play as an Elf whenever the class I want to play as allows, otherwise I play as a half-elf...and even then some classes are not available. So when I play as a Pally, or a monk, I have to go as a crummy ol' human. :p :rolling:

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like the elf/half elf (to romance Viconia) mage avatar but otherwise I play a human -IMHO it is much more logical according to the story, plus I love kits and Dual Classing.
    Elves do look a bit "puny" nevertheless... :p
    Has anyone used SK to play a Tiefling? (btw they are treated like elves in the game and won't romance Viconia).

6. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I do that all the time! No wonder I couldn't romance Viconia though! Hmph. :shake: I had a NE Elf that I decided I wanted to be a Tiefling instead, so I SK'd her and made her a Tiefling. I do it with every character mostly, unless I'm being good. :good:

7. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I voted for Dwarves. They are great, although i rarely play one because of their class restrictions..

Tieflings are cool. Unfortunately though I don't have SK..

If its romance you want:

For Aerie:
    SetGlobal(“CheckAerieMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“AerieMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)

For Anomen:
    SetGlobal(“CheckAnomenMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“AnomenMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“AnomenRomanceActive”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“AnomenJoined”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“AnomenRomance”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,1) – you have to select Anomen with pointer for this

For Jaheira:
    SetGlobal(“CheckJaheiraMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“JaheiraMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)

For Viconia:
    SetGlobal(“CheckViconiaMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)
    SetGlobal(“ViconiaMatch”,”GLOBAL”,1)

Hope that helps.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Might I also direct you to FinnJO's Subrace mod at Chosen of Mystra? It's a mod that implements many different subraces as selectable for the PC, with appropriate abilities and XP penalties. I've dl'd it, but haven't got round to trying it yet as I'm busy with Tutu.

10. theGodless Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Felinoid, I've been meaning to download it for a while now but never took the time to..

Cool Magpie, does it include Genasi?

Edit: Checked it out and found Genasi. Earth Genasi Monk coming up :D

11. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ick! Ick! Ick! Third edition subraces! Ick!

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I always play half-elf, because I like them. I chose appearence, but I don't pick half-elf based on appearence, statistics, or anything. I just like 'em.

13. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

That's weird...I could've sworn I had already voted and posted in this thread, or a similar one, recently.

For anyone not looking to role-play for the long-haul, humans are the best game in town because dual-classing gives you much more flexibility, at least as an option. (For instance, how many of us first started out BG2 with a vanilla kensai with plans to dual to something else, then just ended up sticking with kensai for the rest of the game because of how ridiculously powerful the class gets? I know I did.)

14. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31

I find myself playing half-orc quite a bit, and I like them a lot!

I try to avoid elves/half-elves for some reason... dunno why I just am annoyed by them!

I kindof feel like playing a gnome. What are they good at besides being illusionists? I dislike arcane magic in BGII

15. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Wow, I'm the only Gnome lover (Dwarves are actually my favorite, but in cRPGs, I prefer adding a little arcane magic in there).

16. Late Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    Dwarves are actually my favourites - halflings are a close second. But because of the class restrictions, I tend to use them in NWN only, playing BG with elves/half-elves. Yes, I do find the elves 'hauntingly beautiful'. :)

17. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

LOL!!

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Cleric/Thief, Fighter/Thief, Fighter/Cleric, Barabrian, Fighter, Cleric, Thief.

19. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My favourites would be them humans, and it's for appearance sake only. I would rather like to choose them elfies, but I dislike them being of diminutive stature... and their paperdolls just dont do it for me. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.