1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Rugby 2004

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tassadar, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Aussies always turn it up when playing us though. Remember all those last minute kicks that have cost us the Bledisloe Cup over the last few years. Grrrrr.

Our defence was cut to ribbons at times by the Pacific Islanders, especially on counter-attack when our backline was up. Muliaina will have to be looking sharp on cover defence, especially being psychic about where Larkham will kick to. The Wallaby wings are as fast as ours and are great finishers. I think it will be a tough one.

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yup, we need to tighten up that defence. Or hit hard in the tackle (read: Jerry Collins). :) Australia's kicking game has always been pretty dangerous so Mils (who I thought was pretty average against the PI) will have to shape up. Heard Richie McCaw is still 50-50.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Despite being sharp on attack, Mils is not a complete fullback (like Jeff Wilson or Joe Roff) so I'm sure the Aussies will look to exploit that. If Richie doesn't play, that will be a huge factor because he continues to be unbelievably good (no offence to Marty Holah who is a superb replacement).

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well that was the best forward performance yet by the All Blacks in what was a great water polo match. We retain the Bledisloe Cup!!! :)

5. Harbourboy

Yeah, what a game. Go the All Blacks! The absence of George Gregan turned out to be a big factor. Larkham without Gregan was like bread without butter.

[ July 19, 2004, 02:47: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Superb performance by the Springboks against the All Blacks! It's great to see them back in form. I think Australia are going to get suffocated this weekend if they lose the battle at the breakdown. The Boks loose trio are simply outstanding. I also like how AB-Bok test matches are always fiercely contested but fair. Both sides have the utmost respect for each other and that is evident even from the pre/postmatch interviews, which is good to see. Looking forward to the next game.

7. Harbourboy

Yep, that was the first game without too much biffo. Not like the English who resorted to punchups at every opportunity.

That Springbok defence was rock-solid. It'll be interesting to see how the Wallabies shape up with Gregan back on board.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Never got to watch it. Freeking assignments.

9. Harbourboy

You missed a heartstopper.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I KNOW! Shut up! ARAGAH!! :( :mad:

11. Harbourboy

Richie McCaw is now out for the rest of the Tri-Nations. Those away games will be tough.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yes, Richie is such a great player. No point playing him if he is not 100% though. Holah while superb does not dominate the breakdown like Richie can. I still wonder whether Xavier can step up another gear. This will lift the pressure off Holah if Gibbes is still unfit. Collins may be our most destructive forward, but he isn't as adept at the groundwork. If you look at both matches against Aussie and SA, we dominated territory and possession so our forwards are actually conquering all even without Gibbes, McCaw and Robinson. Maybe our backs need to step up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.