1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Replay Value.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] How would you rate BG1's replayability?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 41 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Replay Value. (41 votes.)

Rate the Replay Value of BG1. (Choose 1)
    * Poor ( Replay 1 to 5 times) - 10% (4)
    * Fair ( Replay 5 to 20 times) - 24% (10)
    * Excelent ( Replay 20 to Unlimited times) - 66% (27)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Best evar! I already have played it nearly 20 times, so the selection in your poll was a no-brainer for me.

3. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I have to say I have owned the game sense it came out and I don't think it will ever get old to me!

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Played it 27 (four of them with GateKeeper) times trough and only the thief class starts to get boring. The most excellent, brilliant and umm... well the best game ever!

5. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I've finished normal game 3 times and tutu 2 times. And i have only soloed this game. I think i will try playing it with every class. Also i won't solo next time i start, i want to play with NPCs . I'm sure i 'll finish it more than 20 times.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I rated it Fair, according to the poll vote.

I just wish there were mods availble for the regular game instead of all those for Tutu.

7. The mad haggis Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Excellent replay value, plus if you install a different MOD every time, you should always be that little bit surprised. Not to mention You have to change your gameplay depending on your class.

Which is funny cause I always seem to play for so long, then restart with a new character. I have like 20 saved games I should finish.

8. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes it's an excellent game. I've been through several times, and have 3 games runneing by now. The SCS mod really enhances the gaming experience.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've only ever finished it once. One day I may play it again, but it would only be with that tutu thing on.

10. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I have seen this tutu thing mentioned befofe but I have never investigated it because I don't use mods much.What does do?

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Tutu allows you to play through the BG1 story with the BG2 engine and mechanics.

12. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

Does it change the NPCs to give them kits or anything?

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think it does, but don't take my word for it as I don't play Tutu.

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG]
    Try Black Wyrm's Lair. The Grey Clan is at least one of Baronius' mods that is written for BG1, Tutu and BGT. For BG1 there's also Dark Side of the Sword Coast, available here, on SP. The link is to a page that will also allow you download the Grey Clan - Episode 1 for BG - TotSC.
    There is the Tutu Tweak Pack, which will allow you to assign kits where people have modded suitable replacement .cre files for your companions. Some of their choices are pretty whacked-out, though. Mind you, some of the proficiency choices made for Tutu were also ultra bizarre. :bad:

EDIT: btw, I voted excellent. BG1 is one of the best RPGs ever, and always draws me back. Actually, for its replayability I'd just about call it the best. Although that opinion can vary from time-to-time, I'm constantly drawn back to BG1 as I am no other game, whether in Tutu form or the original.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Tutu is also to be discussed in our ToB forum, as the forum descriptions gently point out...

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I voted for excellent, although I have to say, that getting 10 to 12 replays out of the same game is excellent replay value. Heck, if I get 4 or 5 replays out of a game, I think THAT is pretty good replay value. I don't see any reason why 20 times is the benchmark.

17. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have difficulty with the replay value, because I always play as a paladin, cause I suck at almost everything else.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I would struggle to have enough hours, days, weeks, and months in my life to be able to complete a long game like BG 20 times. It took me about 7 months to finish the first time.

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I finished it the first time with a thief with the poorest stats ... and yet I loved it the first 5 mins I played it.

Baldur's Gate = THE BEST GOD DAMN GAME EVA and I'l smash anyone who says otherwise

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I haven't done it 20 times yet, but voted Excellent anyway as even 10 replays is excellent value for money.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.