1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by reepnorp, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Dallas may be on the outs...The Mighty Disney Ducks of Anaheim took two games in the Stars' home barn!!! This is turning into an interesting year for the playoffs!!!

I have a feeling that either the Devils or the Flyers are going to take the whole enchilada this year!!! Go Flyers!

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I'm going to be totally up front and honest here, and if I get flamed, so be it.

I live in Canada, and yes ... up here we have a "It's our game" mentality. The Olympics, the Canada Cup, you bet, I'm behind Canada all the way.

So frankly, no personal offense intended towards American posters here, it does my spirit good to see a U.S. juggernaut go down in flames. Detroit, owned by Mike Ilyich who tries to "buy" Stanley Cups just before that excessively late trading deadline, "Yes! Yes! Yes, OH YES!!!!" The Colarado Avalance, "Yes! Yes! Yes, OH YES!!!"
    The Dallas Stars, crossing my fingers.

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This is pretty sad, the Leafs, who were taken out first round, have played more games than the Mighty Ducks, who are half way through the second round.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah Hocker is supossed to be the Canadian's sport, so It hurt me when I see an American with the cup...sigh... at least some Canadian club have made it to the Playoff, DAMN why this year Montreal has playing like 5 years old kid?!
    They were supposed (back in the time) to be the best time I mean they won 24 stanley cup! but look at them now...sigh...

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah...I hear ya. I like the Habs too! They are #2 behind the Flyers. By the way...Go Flyers!

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Dallas Stars, "Yes! Yes! Yes! OH YES!!!!"

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well I must admit that I would never have anticipated that Dallas would get taken down by the Mighty Ducks but I am quite happy with it. :)

I think that Vancouver will likely finish off the Wild in game 6 but after that who knows. Ottawa and New Jersey seem fairly evenly matched but I would put my money on the Devils mostly due to Brodeur.

For the West I really don't know. I am tempted to say that the Duck's can't keep pulling upsets out of their helmets but after taking out the top two teams it is very hard to write them off. The Ducks have had excellent goaltending and I don't think that Cloutier, Roloson, or Fernandez have shown that they can steal games the way Giguere has.

8. Woody Woodrow Banned

I want a Vancouve/Ottowa final. I'd rather have Vancouver win, but if they can't then it better be Ottowa.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Ouch, Vancouver just got crushed again. How on earth do you manage to lose 7-2 and then 5-1 after going up three games to one? :eek: I can see losing a couple of one goal games but getting blown out twice in a row? If they don't win game seven they are going to make the disappointment of Toronto's pathetic game seven performance seem like nothing. :(

10. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I see my Ducks are still going strong! :lol: You've gotta love that name.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hmm, I wonder how much the Mighty Ducks paid the NHL schedulers? Game one of the Western final is scheduled for Saturday meaning that the winners of tonight's game 7 will be playing their third game in four days while the Ducks will have had four days rest. :nolike:

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] It was the same way in the first round...What's the big deal? It's the playoffs...Suck it up!

13. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, Vancouver bites the dust. So no all-Canadian final anymore :(

Let's see how Giguere plays when he's only facing 15 shots a game against Minnesota rather than the 30 shots he is used to against Detroit and Dallas.

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I think both Conference Finals are going to be good!

Ottawa v. Jersey, a battle between no. 1 & no. 2...I'm hoping for Ottawa, but I think the Devils will win it!

Ducks v. Wild, no.6 against no.7, and both had to come up with impressive wins to get there. I think this will be the best series of hockey...Even if the only name you know is Paul Kariya.

The poor Flyers....The horror. Time to dismantle. See if we can get a skate sharpener in trade for LeClair. He was a 4th line center before he started playing with Eric Lindros, and he's played like a 4th line center since the Big E left town. I think they have a decent nucleus to build from with young guys like: Justin Williams, Kim Jonsson, Simon Gagne and Michael Hanzus...Hopefully a few nice off-season deals and the Fly-Boys may be ready to contend for a Cup!

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Waaaaah! I miss the Canucks! Oh well, as long as its not Ottawa winning, I'm okay. Hopefully it will be the Ducks.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hmm, I certainly have never liked the Senators but don't you think it would be appropriate as a patriotic Canadian to root for the only remaining Canadian team? Oh wait, we don't believe in patriotism here. Sorry my bad. ;)

17. reepnorp

Media:
    So, what's everyone thinking now, with a New Jersey vs. Anaheim final? Or better yet, who saw this coming! Seriously! Personally, I'm for the Ducks.

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I lost interest already and quit watching the playoffs. I guess I prefer the Ducks because New Jersey already won the Cup recently.

19. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Come on you mighty Ducks!!!!!

I voted for them to win, but I had no hope they would make it this far.

Go Ducks! :thumb:

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I want the Ducks to win...But Jersey is too strong! Those rat b-astards!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.