1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Music Tastes?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Amazing Ooopah, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Cos we're backward. Movies in Singapore are released 4-6 months ahead of us. Unless the movie is british of course.

2. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like:

(Modern bands)
    Limp Bizkit
    Korn
    Metallica
    Creed
    Deftones
    *mental block* that song "Mama Said Knock You Out"
    Offspring
    Weird Al :D
    Vertical Horizon

(Older Bands)
    Simon and Garfunkle
    CCR
    *another mental block* "American Pie"
    Stan Rogers (Witch of the Westmorland is THE greatest fantasy song)
    Beatles
    Queen
    *crap* "Paint it Black"

Oh, and herf? Sniper? Shut up. You're acting and speaking like the trailer-park-white-trash kids on my old high school bus.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Here we go...Again! :D

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yipes! Sapiryl, those comments by herf and Sniper were a while ago, and I think we've gotten them to behave a bit better since then; please don't get them started again! :)

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Just when you thought it was safe to enter the boards......
    :D
    (Insert Jaws music here)

6. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Herf and Sniper are just itching for Sorcerer's fireballs.... :D
    I like:
    Metallica
    Deep Purple
    Guns & Roses
    Scorpions *awesome*
    Led Zeppelin
    Joe Satriani
    Steve Vai
    X Japan (A J-Rock band of suprising instrumental and vocal talent)
    Goo Goo Dolls( nice but sometimes too mellow)
    I listen to bands like Bon Jovi and Nirvana but I don't really like them. Just don't find them too annoying like the Pop shit (Britney Sync or something like that).
    Joan Baez is nice too.
    And for pop, which I don't really listen to, Sarah Maclachlan isn't irritating.
    I've only heard Marilyn Manson's "sweet dreams" so I can't really pass judgement.
    Oh yeah, the so-called 'rock' and alternative these days suck: Matchbox 20, Creed, Hanson and various crap.
    Music rules!! :D :D

7. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just wondering guys (and gals), I'm thinking about throwing a disco party, complete with costumes and a disco ball, what sort of bands would fit this type of gathering? I've got some old copies of:
    ABBA
    Bee Jees
    Marvin Gaye (more soul I think)
    Donna Summers

I need some more ideas.

No wise ass comments please ;)

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Best bet is to get a couple of those compilation cd's...Like Pure Disco, the 70's...They're always a good call for variety.

I had a wise @$$ comment...But I'll keep it to myself... :D

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good idea (about the compilation cd)

and thanks (for refraining from the comment) :D

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Sounds like fun! But what would it be without the sound track to Saturday Night Fever?!? It's got the Bee Gees, Kool and the Gang, KC and the Sunshine Band ... A must have for any disco party! :D (*ahem* Not that I ever actually listen to this old thing ...)

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Whenever I hear the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack or anything from ABBA, I think about cleaning my house...

That's what my parents listened to on weekends when we did any major house cleaning. Always a good time dancing with your vacuum cleaner early in the morning...

:D

It is a must have for any 70's party though!

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That's funny! My mother listened to Helen Reddy when we cleaned. I know all the words to "I am Woman"! That and "Henry the VIII" by Hermans Hermits. :D

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That's too funny! I always complained about the ABBA, but my dad wasn't into AC/DC or U2, so I was always overruled!

14. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You can get compilation CDs from Time Life company, from the 50's right up to the 80's. I'm pretty sure that you can buy them in stores, but not completely.

And I'm :D sorry for :D bringing up :D the green :D smiley face :D.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ehm. Try to contain your smiling joy will ya? :p

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ok whose accusing me? huh huh? C'mon lets take this outside! Put your dukes up and we'll settle this now! C'mon then! Scared?

Anyway, add stuff like Toca's mircle & steps to disco stuff...not my kind of thing so thats why i probably get it all wrong! :)

17. Sorl Guest

[​IMG] Back to the subject:
    As a background for BG I like Genesis Abacab.
    The whole CD, with some preferences to Lurker and Keep it dark for the dungeon scenes and Abacab] and Me and Sarah Jane for the brigher side of Farun.

Apart from that I like everything thats hard 'n' heavy like:
    The Who, Cream, Whitesnake, Queen, ACDC, Mozart, Wagner, ...

18. Great Annihilator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What music do I like ?.....

....why the screams of the innocent,cries for mercy from the unbelivers and the howling winds of Pandemonium of course !!!!......

....err!?!?.....

...sorry

.....we talkin' 'bout the real world ????

..oops. Well when I am not polishing up on my Fzoul impersonations, I chill with Coldplay, rock with Radiohead,Placebo and the Chilli Peppers and Game with U2,Electronic,Neworder,Garbage and Depeche Mode.

Yeah,I know.....

....but I was a 70's baby.

[This message has been edited by Great Annihilator (edited January 27, 2001).]

19. Palin Majere Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] It's metal
    Blid guardian
    Wedding party
    Man O War
    Rhapsody
    Symphony X
    HammerFall
    Children Of Bodom

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

also add AC/DC to my list!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.