1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Most hated monster

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Vermillion, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

come little kobolds come to me......hehehehehe.

I WANT TO KILL THEM, KRUSH THEM, GRIND THEM, i want to mash their little dog ugly butt hole faces in to a disgusting fondoo along with all their parents and their parent's parents and then garnish it with their teeney itsy beeny choclatiny tesicles which i have whizzed in my food mixer while they were still alive and seared with their stupid little firecracker arrows beforehand!

i feel better now.

2. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] I hate Xvarts and their annoying little battle-squawk. The popular Cloakwood ettercap/sword spider combo is also a pain in the arse. I used to hate Basilisks until I met Korax :evil:

[This message has been edited by Will (edited November 23, 2001).]

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I hate Skeletons... They receive so less damage from range attacks. They where a pain in the ass for the Shadowcouncil.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Uhm, this thread was started like over 1 year ago.

[And you just made it longer with a pointless comment. How many times do I have to say DON'T POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD?!] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 23, 2001).]

...and I really don't like greater bassilisks.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited December 13, 2001).]

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yes, and has been resurrected once before. ;)

Anyway, I'd vote for kobold commandos. They're just plain annoying, and dangerous too! And there's many of them! Most of the other monsters are at least fun to fight...

6. Sentry Guest

I can't decide between Battle horror and Greater Basilisk.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Bassilisk are annoying indeed. But normally I like the monsters that are hard, for the fights are challenging. What I really hate are the small creatures that you easilly can beat, but you still have to kill. Some examples are Hobgoblins, Xvarts and Taslois and Skeletons most.

8. Reaper Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Kobold commandos must be the most irksome of the lot.

9. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Im sort of surprised that no one said the wyverns I'll admit that they are easy in standard engagements but when you get jumped by 2 of them traveling in cloakwood and one of them poisions you mage it can really suck.

10. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm surprised the Basselisks get so many votes. You only need to protect one fighter, send 'em in, and everyone else can take them out from range no trouble. (Even a second fighter or two are fine since they only ever attack the first one you send in).

I was always disappointed when there were none left, SOOO much easy xp.

Kobold bloody commandoes though! That maze where they kept responing. AARGHHH. I hated that bloody thing! Took ages to get through that.

11. Judge Matt Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] i agree that the kobold commandos are by far the most obnoxious enemies in the game...soo many...and no reward... i used to really hate basilisks...but then i'd just hide imoen in shadows and fireball them....mmmm cooked lizards...

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Those Wvyern buggers are actually buggers! Those poisen things are annoying and so are the sword spiders! hot damN! fast and painful!

13. viva_el_tejo Gems: 1/31

those fu#!ng kobolds commandos, especially in firewine dungeon, they re so many that slows my computer, and because of that my party began to attack them when I die. Fortunately my new pc has more memory, and doesn't slow.

Also the last group of warriors before sarevok's group is really difficult

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Coming to think about, Sarevok is rather painful!

15. Fudashi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Err.. guys there is an easy solution to the horde-of-wussies type monsters.

Charbroil em with fireballs!

To quote Ignus - "Burrrrrrrrrrrrrn.........."

16. Black Rose Guest

Right now (Ch.2, Gnoll Stronghold)..

Toughest enemies have been wimpy little human mages who cast Horror, Improved Invisibility, Melf's and Magic Missile. Even when my Ranger/Cleric connects, it doesn't seem to disrupt their spellcasting.. damn.

17. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Hehe, Greater Basilisk anyone?

But for the one map where there ARE a dozen of basilisks there's always this "Torax" or "Corax" or whatever, this ettercap (?).

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

his name is Korax the Ghoul....

Bassilisks are annoying cause of the Paralization, but with Korax... or other tactics (potion that protects you from pasralization)... But Bassilisk are worth at least lots of XP, so it's worth fighting them. That why I dislike the groups of Skeletons etc, they are annoying and give almost no XP too...

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

65xp isn't it?

20. total Guest

Well that Korax always attacked me after a while.

Kobolds are most boring, but I hate those sirens (poison arrows, invisibility, charm) and my favourite:
    Carrion Crawler - I hated when searched area with one character and found this fella wich always holded my warriors, he is my hated one :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.