1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Moses: miracle worker or wizard?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Greenlion420, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sorry Charlie, but the Gospel of John was not written by at least five people. Talk about a statment based completely on faith!

I love how people sit back and lob verbal bombs at the Bible's authority without offering proof. I guess its an easy target, but none of the charges stick.

Lets go compare ancient manuscripts. There is more proof that Jesus rose from the dead than that Alexander the Great lived.

2. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Actually, Moses was really just an avenue through which God worked. It wasn't like Moses walked around slinging spells. God worked through Moses to free the Israelites from captivity and give them the law.

Charlie - As for the writings of the Apostles, these were men directly guided by the Holy spirit to record the things they had seen. They did not write these things just because the end wasn't coming fast enough - they wrote them so that people would believe - John 20:31:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Let´s shoot in another ancient manuscript, claiming that even Jesus said he didn´t rise

The evangelion of Fillipus 21:

They who say, "the Lord first died and then stood up" are lost.
    Because he rose up first and then died, if somebody doesn´t rise, he cannot die.
    Only if God resides in him, he can die.

Another interesting part:

Some say:
    Maria is made pregnant by the holy spirit, they are lost, they don´t know what they are saying.
    Since when can a woman ever get impregnated by another woman?

Both said by Jesus

This book and others, each written by one of Jesus´s disciples, are all lost during the reign of early Roman Catholic church, to make the bible more accurate? But they were guided by the holy spirit??

Obsessed by power, even killing each other..
    Holier-than-thou in their castles of marmer and gold, while Jesus drank from nothing more than a wooden cup.

And what about Paul? He claimed men was far superior to the women in IIRC Corinthians, the womans should be always ask permission to their husband to speak and sit quietly in church.
    Was he not guided by the Holy Ghost? And what about Jacobus, he praised Paul for his work, was he not guided..
    Or did the Holy Ghost had a union break?

[ April 29, 2003, 08:52: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That's a little bit exaggerated.

[ April 25, 2003, 00:18: Message edited by: Yago ]

5. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Mat,

I'll recheck my sources and get back to you. ;)

Quicksylver,

That doesn't disprove what I'm saying. They did want to share Jesus' teachings. It doesn't mean that they wrote down the gospels as each event occured. They do in fact contradict each other.

Well, I did expect to ruffle some feathers. :D

6. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

well if ancient manuscripts are coming into play, how about the Egyptian Book of the Dead?

anyone know the name Ptah? or what symbol he's represented by? or for that matter how that symbol came into being?

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hm, concerning sources of the Bible. Moses went up on a hill, had a meeting with god. And god gave him the laws of Babylon ??????

8. Morgoth

Media:
    Maybe Moses was farsighted and walked up a Ziggurat :heh:

9. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Maybe Tal should close the topic. (hint hint)

Really you all should "check out" the 6th & 7th books of Moses. i can't make sense of it, but it sure raises some questions.

10. Morgoth

Media:
    Hmmm.. yeah well we discussed most of it now, so that the dangers of spamfests come closer and closer..

But I will check the books then,

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There is no point in perpetuating this topic if you have nothing to say. If you want it to die and go away, the easiest way to do that is not to post. :rolleyes:

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Pardon me for coming late to this discussion, but what exactly separates the "natural" and "supernatural"? Let me illustrate what I mean with a story:

An Indian sage (East Indian) was having a little difficulty with one of his pupils. One day, his student came to him with a troubled look. "Master, I don't know if I even have faith anymore. How do I know that the things you teach are true?"

The sage got slowly up. "Come with me into the garden, my child," he replied. Together they entered the garden, and the sage knelt upon the ground. He took a seed of corn and planted it in the ground. In a few moments, a green sprig pushed up, sprouted leaves, and began growing into a stalk. As the astonished student watched, the stalk folded out, spread its leaves, sprouted buds, and blossomed into a rose. He blurted, "Now I believe! This is truly a miracle!" The sage smiled and shook his head. "My son, open your eyes. The process may be slower, but this happens every spring. Life itself is the miracle."

13. Morgoth

Media:
    But

1) I see nobody taking responsibilty for those "miracles",

2) I ask again, what exactly is life?

14. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Mat,

Just so this is isn't hanging:

Gospel of John I

Gospel of John II

Even if it wasn't written by one person, it doesn't change the message or the truth oh the Gospel of John.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.