1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: KITT: the pimpin'-est ride ever?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Magpie, Jun 24, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ever see that Warner Bros.(iirc) cartoon where the main theme is getting a reward for bringing in the world's smallest horse? It was akin to the Droopy cartoons and had this bear in it. If anyone else can help on this, much appreciated. :confused: I can't recall all the details save for the punchline:

The 'world's smallest horse' pulls from behind his back his son, now the world's smallest horse and Dad get the million dollar prize.

It's a stuffed animal about six inches long and you can squeeze its tummy to get it to whinny. My mom sent it to me cuz I kept complaining I'd never gotten a pony. :happy:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But the Batmobile doesn't have any "bling" or dangly stuff. How can it possibly be "pimpin"?

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Cool gizmos are what make it "pimpin". The jet engine really puts it over the top. Plus the detailing on the hood and sides. Wikked rad, dudes!

I usually take "pimpin" to mean "tricked out" - be it a snazzy paint job [70s era vans with mural-painted sides], extra shiny chrome [spoilers and exposed engine mounts] or fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror.

If you can catch an episode of MTV's Pimp My Ride or TLC's [in Canada] Overhaulin', you'll get a good idea of what "pimpin" is all about. I'm not sure if either of these are on Aussie tv.

4. Amatorius Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I'm not saying the Batmobile isn't cool, because it is.
    I'm also not saying that JB's AstonMartin didn't kick major behind but KITT was just sweet! You could actually have conversations with your car! That may be seen as sad but hey, if you have no real friends, just want to be pounded at chess or just feel like having the swicky red LED hood lights this is the car for you. :rolling: :p

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I took "pimpin'" to mean that the car is the coolest overall, not just the coolest looking. On that basis, I voted for KITT, as he could talk, drive himself, activate the TurboBoost, RetroRockets or other performance enhancing features, and the LED display that flashed as he talked was really cool too!

I have to say, I wanted to vote for the Van in the A-Team. That van seemed to have turbo boost as well -- it could launch itself into the air any old time!

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The De Lorean.

7. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

KITT has an annoying personality and the De Lorean doesn't seem all that reliable, so I have to go with the Batmobile.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I admit, some versions of the Batmobile rocked, but sometimes it was just too gaudy.

KITT looked cool without looking like a kid had pieced it together. The same thing goes for a lot of Bond's cars (my personal favorite was the amphibious Lotus in The Spy Who Loved Me)

I guess I just have a thing against fins (not Finns, just the car accessory ;) )

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah the Spy Who Loved ME Lotus was pretty nifty too. I also liked the Aston Martin from Living Daylights plus the BMW from Tomorrow Never Dies.

Of course you have to love the anti-theft system on his Lotus from For Your Eyes Only. I would say it beats out even the Batmobile fireworks and ribbon system for silliness. Whomever decided that it would be a good idea for the car to explode if someone tries to steal it ought to have their head examined.

Still, in my opinion, without the handglider launcher and braking parachutes they just can't cut it against Bruce's baby.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.