1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Kids kids kids!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Felinoid, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If you have kids soon (next 5 years, or something), they'll be in their mid-20s by the time you die (if you die at 70... that seems low to me). They will be able to handle it better that way. And if you don't want your kids to see you die, you'd have to have them be born after you were :p

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    My parents were both pretty young (27) when I was born. My other half's parents were 30 and 46 respectively. And on the other end of the scale, I was 18 when my son was born.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Neither of my grandfathers lived to 70, one uncle has died at 59, and one cousin died at 29...

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm sorry Gnarff... I just figured you would die naturally... most people in my life have lived past 70, and I thought the male life expectancy was a few years above 70...

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Zip, nada, null. Don't have any and I don't want any. Of course that may change down the line, with the right person and under the right circumstances.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Mum was 26, her mum was 20, hers was 41 (fifth and last child ;) ).

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Don't worry Sabre, All four deaths mentioned have been natural causes. It's just that perhaps some better choices could have been made (the one cousin was over 400 lbs when he died, and I'm around 300). I remember both Grandfathers and my uncle as smokers as well. I'll get a better idea from watching my father, who doesn't smoke, and some of my uncles that are getting to that age...

8. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My wife and I have one beautiful little girl. We would like to have one more in the near future, but given how expensive it is to have children and provide for them we may not have anoather one.

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We have very little money ourselves, Abdel, but we decided to have a second child anyway. We honestly felt that our first son deserved to have a sibling to grow up with. Someone who will still be around when his parents (us) get old and die.

And even though we don't have a lot of money, we always seem to have enough to feed our children and second hand cloths for children are often in good condition because the children outgrow them so fast. My opinion Abdel is to go ahead and have a second child.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, you just find you have to make a few more sacrifices in order to be able to afford things for your kids. But it's usually worth it.

11. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have three-a set of twins who are five, and one infant who is ten months. All girls.

I'm a lot like Rally, but opposite-I was relieved to find out Evelyn was going to be a girl because I already had two girls and felt like I knew what I was doing. Now that I have three-no more! No more I tell you! The twins live with their father at the moment (Long story! Please don't ask!) but even one little bear is a complete handful....

Okay, I *could* see myself having another one in a few years, but I don't want there being too long of an age gap in between my kids, and I don't want to be past a certain age when I have my last kid, and those restrictions are going to be up pretty soon. So no more.

12. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

My fiancee (that still sounds weird...) and I would like to have between 3 and 4 kids. She's not too keen on the actual "manufacturing and expelling of the goods" (and who would?), but we both love the idea of having our own little family in the near future.

13. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like to do a lot of travelling, so I have no interest in having children at the moment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.