1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Hair Washing

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Long hair, so shampoo&conditioner.
    Sometimes I also keep my hair in water for 30min, makes it soft.
    As a guy I'm stunned I take better care of my hair than most of the girls from my class :confused:

My father's side of the family starts getting bald young, my uncle looked like he's 50 in mid-20, so that's why I try to keep it healthy as long as I can

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am amazed at the number of males here who use fancy hair care products.

3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Do you consider conditionner as fancy?

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No males that I know use conditioner, or even know what it does, so yes, I would qualify conditioner is being pretty fancy. Not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's fancy compared to what we use.

5. Triactus

Media:
    lol, I see. Where I live, it's the opposite. Most men I know use conditioner... :)

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Don't mind HB. He's what us Aucklanders would consider 'uncultured swine'. Back to your black singlet, stubbies, gumboots and go rustle us some sheep, HB! Conditioner, fancy? Bah! ;)

7. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Truly, conditioner made a world of difference! For the very first time I tried it yesterday, and I actually laughed out loud in the shower. That such a simple thing can make such difference was beyond my wildest imaginations!

Combing went from a three mans job to a ten second bliss :D

Who needs beauty care when you've got the Boards of Magic? :grin:

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    True, So that make us... Fancy? And I certainly don't feel less ... male by having hair hygiene.

9. Harbourboy

I guess that makes Abomination the sort of cafe society, small dog carrying, yuppie metrosexual that makes the rest of the country laugh at Aucklanders. Get back to the wine bar, Ab. :p

I've just done a straw poll of the first 10 men I've encountered this morning and none of them have ever used conditioner, and none of them could really explain what it did, other than "it makes women's hair shinier?" I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Who'd have thought a thread about haircare was going to get so heated? You just never know what is going to happen next on SP!

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    There are some 'kind of strange' people about :hahaerr:

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31

*sobs* It's true! Well at least MY hair is healthy and managable! *Pets his small Chiwawa Snookie* "Daddy loves you..."

12. Triactus

Media:
    lol, true.. But to me, conditionner never seemed fancy.. :)

@ Thor :
    Glad to hear it... :D And it does make a hell of a difference...

13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    *NOW* it's three pages of men talking about hair washing

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Since no one said it: I wash my hair with my hands. :p

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I actually wash my beard with shampoo and sometimes conditioner too now... I might need to start on my back soon, also :(

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

What conditioner actually does is it forms a thin, protective coating layer on the individual hairs.

Shampoo and conditioner for me. My hair's a bit dry just the same. It would be like hay without the conditioner. I should nip some tips off again, but it's such a bother.

18. Triactus

Media:
    I have a pinch, but I never washed it... should I?

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

And I know a friend who suffers from terrible seasonal pollen allergies who washes his eyelashes in baby shampoo in pollen season - swears by it.

But for me, I get by with just shampoo, and not much of that. Very rarely, usually in dry winter, I use conditioner once or twice a week.

20. Triactus

Media:
    @ Revmaf :

He washes his eyelashes?? :lol: My God! That's so funny. I never heard that before. Does it help his allergies that much?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.