1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Hair Washing

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    What do you wash your hair with? Shampoo, conditioner or both? The idea came to me while in the shower this morning

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 44 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Hair Washing (44 votes.)

What do you wash your hair with? (Choose 1)
    * Separate Shampoo - 50% (22)
    * Separate Conditioner - 0% (0)
    * Combined Shampoo and Conditioner - 27% (12)
    * Some other thing - 18% (8)
    * I'm bald - 5% (2)

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I went for combined shampoo and conditioner as that seemed closest, though I actually do one after the other.

Not that they appear to have all that much effect on my awful hair.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I use a shampoo for dry and damaged hair, but now I think of it: I don't want dry and damaged hair!

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Shampoo-only for me.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Both shampoo and conditioner, as always. Isn't it basic hygiene to apply both anyway ?

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Shampoo and conditioner. Just shampoo when I don't seem to have the latter. Just shower gel when it says it's good for her and I don't want to carry two bottles with me on a trip.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

FTM, I'm shaved 8-ball smooth so I don't need to wash my damn hair :p

But when I DO have hair... shampoo's the way to go. Conditioner comes in only when my hair have been damaged following getting them dyed.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just shampoo. I don't really see the point in conditioner to be honest.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

With shampoo. Can't really say that I even know exactly what a conditioner does... Could someone explain?

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I use shampoo then conditioner. I never have to buy either - I have accumulated a huge quantity of both from the hotels that I have stayed at on my business trips. If I were actually paying for the stuff I would only buy shampoo.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Conditioner makes your hair more healthy. Stops it splitting etc. I just use it because it makes my hair shiny :)

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Conditionner makes the hair much more "flowing". I use both, and I have long hair. If I were to only shampoo, there's no way in hell I could comb my hair afterwards. It'd be a tangled mess... lol

13. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Someone recently referred to my hair as silky soft and smooth, and it's only shampoo for me, although apparently it is infinitely easier to brush if you use conditioner.

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Shampoo and conditioner. Mainly because it was on sale when I bought it.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have never ever used conditioner. No idea what it does. I have always thought it was just a big con to get you to buy more stuff you don't need (like most of the skincare products that those big cosmetics companies keep claiming are essential - you NEED our simple 57 step skin care programme!)

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I haven't got time to be pissing about trying to make my hair more shiny. Just wash it and get on with it that's what I say. I'm killing it with gel and wax anyway.

17. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Considering I have hair to the middle of my back, it takes me 15 minutes to shower (wash body and hair) and comb. It's not that bad.

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Shampoo then conditioner. I don't just use it on my scalp, I do the same to my beard. I've used conditioner ever since I started cleaning my hair and that was since I was about 4. My hair is always commented on by barbers/hair dressers as being strong and healthy. I need conditioner to actually stop it from just standing near-upright, I dare say 'weaken' my hair because it's 'too' strong. Also, conditioner simply makes your hair easier to comb/brush.

19. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

As I shave my head i just use shower gel

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Shampoo only.

My hair is perfect, I don't need conditioner.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.