1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Fox Hunting

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Sarevokā€¢, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I'm not Vegetarian, as I stated before I'm not even anti-hunting if it is done for necessary reasons and doesn't involve unnecessary suffering.

@Oaz
    When do you start differentiating about making money over the suffering of others? Only humans? Why stop there? Why not limit it to "civilised" people, after all the "savages" don't really understand do they? I mean they've recently found a tribe that don't understand the concept of numbers, even apes can do that. When you start drawing boundaries about who is allowed to suffer then people will always have different views depending on what suits them. Taken to the extreme you end up with the Nazi's again.

As for animals, we are already imposing rules on them. The animals are selectively bred in order to chase foxes. This is due to purely human desire, not any form of natural inclination. If dogs don't make the grade (and indeed when they reach the age of about 6) the dogs are shot in the head with a bolt-gun.
    You may be allergic to cat hair (in fact you won't be, you'd actually be allergic to cat saliva which is present on cat hair), but in Britain we have a large network of rescue centres (without destruction policies) which you could take the animal to. I recognise it is a different situation in the states where it is estimated there is 7 dogs for every person, but people are working to banning puppy farming (which generally results in sickly animals), and encouraging neutering. It is possible to reduce the population to manageable levels. It worked in the Channel Islands where they are now importing cats to satisfy demand.

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's a good thing that foxhunting is banned, but you gotta give those people something in return. Why not allow them to go Tottenhamfans hunting once a year ? :D

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Commentary and pictures from the rally against the ban.

Admittedly, this is not an unbiased site.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.