1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Forgotten Realms Paladin of...

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by chevalier, Oct 21, 2006.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What's your pick? ;) Have fun voting and thanks for participation.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 35 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Forgotten Realms Paladin of... (35 votes.)

Forgotten Realms Paladin of... (Choose 1)
    * Tyr - 11% (4)
    * Torm - 14% (5)
    * Ilmater - 9% (3)
    * Nobanion - 0% (0)
    * Lathander - 11% (4)
    * Mystra - 11% (4)
    * Mielikki - 11% (4)
    * Deneir - 0% (0)
    * Eldath - 0% (0)
    * Sune - 9% (3)
    * Helm - 11% (4)
    * Azuth - 0% (0)
    * Kelemvor - 3% (1)
    * Red Knight - 0% (0)
    * Other - 6% (2)
    * None (or none specific) - 3% (1)

Between NG and LN, I prefer: (Choose 1)
    * NG gods - 69% (24)
    * LN gods - 17% (6)
    * No alignment-based preference - 14% (5)

I think paladins of Sune are a joke: (Choose 1)
    * Yea! - 17% (6)
    * Nay! - 31% (11)
    * Whatever - 20% (7)
    * All paladins of Chaotic deities are a joke anyway (counts as a yea too) - 31% (11)

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Every (even math! :D ) test I've taken says I'm a follower of Mielikki, she's originally a finnish goddess, so it was obvious I respect her paladins with a vote.

I don't trust Lawful Good people, nor gods!

Sune.... meh, whatever

3. Iraelonn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Torm, imho, is the ideal for which all paladins strive. He was the only original diety restored to life after the Time of Troubles because he died upholding his portfolio. A classic example of what it means to be a paladin.

Paladins of Sune - what a joke.

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It shouldn't be a stretch of the imagination as to what my favorite FR paladin is.

I don't understand CG deities promoting paladins, but somehow, Sune seems like the worst of these deities. The only chaotic good D+D deity that I could ever see having paladins would be Kord.

I like LN over NG as ethical deities are more predictable in action, you know where they stand.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Tyr. Justice. That's what a paladin is imo. And yeah, paladins are LG. Any other alignment and they aren't paladins.

6. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Voted for Helm, something about being ever vigilant i think. I too thought LN gods were more likely, due to their clear code of ethics, to promote paladins and, of course, all paladins of Chaotic deities are a joke. :)

7. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd take Kelemvor. Get rid of all those unclean undead!

Azuth is a nice choice, too. They can multiclass freely as wizards, and I think there is a PrC for them.

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sune. If laws are in the way of good, then laws are to be ignored. I consider Lawful Good to be almost as bad as Lawful Evil.

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Same as Iraelonn, I believe that Torm is the pinnacle of what a Paladin should strive to be.

I'm more in favour of NG gods than LN.

Same as kuemper: if it ain't LG, then it ain't a Paladin.

@Register: Do you not mean LN rather than LG? A LG character will not necessarily uphold the law just because it is a law, that is more a trait of LN.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, tempted to play a paladin of Sune through NWN2, if it'll let me.

NG is better than LN, like duh.
    LG is deadly boring, and I see no reaosn why all pallys should be LG.

I wanted to vote Paladin of Selune, cos that's an idea which intrigues me

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lathander, giving people hope, bolster the community and whack undeads. Those peoplepersons a more wellcome sight than the Pallies of the stern and usual Torm, Helm and Tyr, I reckon.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Mystra (magic for the good of all)
    Lawful good to true neuteral are what I would choose
    Sune? Why would beauty (a chaotic god) want a Paladin?

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Paladin of Milil. Something I've always (the last few months) wanted to play.

14. chevalier

Media:
    @Decados: Yeah, and even LN will not uphold all laws. Imagine a person who never gets out of his way to help anyone but will not actively do anything evil. Or someone learned who sees the new law is obviously not in accordance with higher level norms or even divine laws or is just deeply against the traditions of the nation.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LN characters always strike me as 'cattle'. Whatever the boss says. Not true, I know.

16. chevalier

Media:
    Certain moral relativists with some form of personal honour/ethical code will be LN. I guess once you stop thinking in good/evil categories but still keep some inside your head rules, that's where you end up. Or when you just can't be arsed to do anything that requires sacrifice, but you don't do evil. Or think a ruler who doesn't shy away from some drastic or questionable methods to assure the prosperity of his nation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.