1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll - Favourite Item?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Johnd Bhallspawn, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well, I like my hill giant strength belt. Why? Cuz I can use it to get equiptment with a high strength requirement onto my weak charactors. After I equip em, I just take the belt off, and they still use it :) Otherwise, I like my Belt of Inertial Barrier. Keldorn is IMMUNE to magic!

2. miniwoo Guest

[​IMG] WARBLADE!

Got it at adv. mart + and faced irenicus/slayer in one-on-one with it - and WON!!

3. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] belt of inertial barrier. Where do you get that. Anyways for the topic, I'd have to say that Celestial Fury was my favorite

4. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The long sword which unleashes sunray.
    No undead can survive a blast from that.

5. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The Spear +3, +10 piercing damage!

what a lovely spear!

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

What about Crom Fayer?! It gives you 25 stength! And ofcourse Daystar, but it doesn't kill undead outright, only of they don't save or if they are allready weakened, so they die of the damage the sunray does.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :mad: <flame> :mad: POWERGAMER, POWERGAMER !!!!! :mad <flame> :mad:

8. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Difficult to say, favourites first:

practically: bag of holding, scroll bags, gem bags

magic items: amulet of power (very handy for mages), rings of regenaeration, ring of gaxx, regeneration ion stone

armor: shadow armor (for it can be used by kensai-thieves), firedragonscale, armor of the hart, elven chain and drow-plates/ drow-chains

weapons: boneblade +4, flamethounge, namarra, C`Fury and flail of the ages, mace of disruption, skullcrusher

:rolleyes: powergaming items like Crom are for cheating cowards only :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 23, 2001).]

9. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Bag of holding eliminates almost all $ problems, so it's got to be up there..
    Master Thievery potions can do the same, so they're good too.
    I just, on my 4th time through, started using wands. Paralyzation can stop most vampires, Fire, can shoot 50 balls and 50 Aga.. Scorchers, freeing up valuable spell slots, and Fear can make those early battles a snap and it's usable by both Clerics and mages.
    Moster summoning allowed Jan to take out those Pirates in a cave my himself (with 5 goonies too of course).

Bet it's hard to beat a thief carrying that speed belm and Celestial Fury. Deat in a heart beat.

But number one? Depends on your class, but as a thief it's hard to beat 'hide in shadow'. Even when he's weak, you can block a doorway with him and shoot from a safe distance with everyone else. A good backstab took out Tanovea with one hit, and I was only level 11.

And I just love the unmentioned beauty of the Amulet of Power... immunity to level drain!

10. toast Gems: 7/31

Shadow Armor can not be used by k/thief. I'm surprised by you Ragusa. You were my k/t mentor...

[This message has been edited by toast (edited March 23, 2001).]

11. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Toast: To prevent errors - I´m talking about Mer´Var´s shadow armor and to my surprise it can be worn by kensai-thiefs (not the shadow dragon scale) - as I found it was the only one in the game. I *know* that a kensai shouldn´t be able to wear armor at all so it´s maybe a bug in the german version of BG-2 :)

12. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

He Ragusa,
    so Crom is for cheater's and weaklings eh?
    But YOUR Kensai shouldn't be able to wear armor, and still you use it, because you need it.
    MAYBE you are cheating as well and MAYBE you aren't as good as you would like to be... ;)

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmmz there's a better Thief's armor in my opinion. The armor that you can Cromwell crates when you give him the scales of the shadowdragon. (AC1 50% Acid resistance) (Night Gift is AC 3)

And the only thing where WarBlade is good for is too kill Fierkraag to get the Holy Avenger :)

I realy love the Gesen Bow and the Gauntlets of Dex...

14. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Punisher: Oh, that´s quite simple, my char don´t don´t really need it, he wears it for it is fashionable - not for chance he´s wearing the ring of charisma instead of the ring of protection (he´s a real womenizer) - and it reduces my AC to -3 IIRC, not enough to speak of cheating :D :p

15. toast Gems: 7/31

(headbanger- that's the stuff we're talking about)

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I'm talking about the Shadow Dragon Scale, not the Shadow Armor....

17. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] lol, kinda confusing, isn´t it?

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Yepz.... :)

Well to make an end on al the confusion:

Shadow Dragon Scale rulez
    Shadow Armor sux :)

Easy, ain't it :)

I always loved the gauntlets of Dex, what would Keldorn be without it, not a tank but a die-hard-visitor of the hospital :)

19. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Carsomyr!!!

20. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Potion of delayed pleasure.
    er..damn wrong forum.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.