1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favourite Alcoholica

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, May 30, 2005.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I was just idle waiting for my dinner to finish cooking when the thought passed my mind what the favourite alcoholica of the SP community might be.

Please name particular brands, if there are any. One choice as people can only have one favourite ... ;)

In the meanwhile :beer: Cheers :beer:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 60 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Favourite Alcoholica (60 votes.)

Favourite Alcoholica (Choose 1)
    * Liquor - 35% (21)
    * Wine - 8% (5)
    * Beer (the real thing) - 42% (25)
    * soft stuff, like cider (or American or Mexican beer) - 7% (4)
    * Alcohole? Horrors! - 8% (5)

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Beer, preferably dark beer. I especially like a Chezch sort of dark beer but I can never remember the brand. Anyway I've only had it a few times since it's not that easy to find in Finland.

[ May 30, 2005, 18:09: Message edited by: Morgoroth ]

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Martini

err anyway, why is this in the AoDA?

4. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Beer. Preferably Karjala or Karhu.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

It's not just drink, it's a way of life... :beer: :shake:

To quote Homer: To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems! :lol:

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Beer.
    Jupiler, Wieckse Witte, Westmalle and lots others are fine beers.
    My favorite is still Hertog Jan, though.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't drink alcoholic beverages very often but my favourite would have to be a well-aged single malt Scotch.

The one I have liked best would have to be the Glenlivet Archive (21 years aged). It was very smooth and had a very nice flavour.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Lagavullin double matured single malt scotch for real drinking.

Guinness for a liquid meal.

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Wine, preferebly red. Big fan of the spanish rioja, most of the Portuguese wine and the italian chianti.....hmmmm

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lager. Particularly Carling.

11. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Red wine, bulgarian - it seems I'm the minority here.... ;) ...

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Bulgarian red wine? Yuck, not even for cooking.

Beer for serious drinking, the Kölsch brand Reissdorff especially, as well as Einbecker Bockbier and Münchener Augustinerbräu, Salvator Doppelbock and Köstritzer Schwarzbier.
    I have Guinness when I'm in Britain or when I end up in an Irish Pub. I'm really much more of a conaisseur with beer than with wine.

Red wine is great :)

I love Scotch for the nice and calm hours, favourites being Laphroaigh, Lagavulin and Highland Park. The price tag suggests to me that scotch in unsuitable for getting drunk :shake:

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Don't drink except for company and then it is that 'soft stuff' like ciders. Everything else tastes horrible and I do not feel any need to drink just to get drunk. Every drunk person I have seen has been more or less idiot and an idiot that also thinks it will be forgotten in the morning.

Right... clean up that pool of urine from the floor and then get to the kitchen where your last nights dinner is waiting in front of the fridge. Splattered. :rolleyes:

14. Ragusa

Media:
    Well, maybe that's being drunk Finnish style :p For my part I get along quite well and without complications whatsoever, a hangover being the exception. But then, only fools separate eating and drinking.

I have rules for drinking, that I got along quite well with: When you intend to drink much, eat something substantial before (a pizza for instance). When I drink alone, then mostly beer, like for dinner, or a glass of scotch in the evening, and then I don't get drunk. I refuse to drink alcohole earlier than 18:00 hours, with very few exceptions. And at last: Stop drinking when it doesn't taste any longer.

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Finns don't get hangovers very often. I've had hangovers only a couple of times in my life. A lot of tequila is known to give me that but otherwise no matter how drunk I get myself I wake up without hangover. Getting drunk in Finnish style is pretty much being drunk a week or two, my record is three days and I'm not that anxious of extending the record.

I have in recent times tried to calm down my drinking habits and so far I've been quite succesful so far. Part of it might be of the Swedish culture of Finland which I have associated with more often. They have a different drinking culture and that has forced me to adapt to it, which I think is a good thing.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had a fantastic 1983 port tonight, but I will not drink such beverages at a regular basis.

My favorite drink will still be a cool beer/lager.

17. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My favorite drink 'd probably be whiskey.
    Unfortunately I am fairly poor (what's with age and all) so I cannot afford the more expensive, aged sorts, but I generally want to feel something burn a little when it goes down, and warm me up once it has.

For beers, I prefer Affligem, which has a really rich taste. Hertog Jan is also a good beer.

I am also amongst that lucky populace that regardless of how drunk I am when I go to bed, I wake up hangoverless. I actually woke up still drunk one time, but no hangovers for me (yet?) which is good.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Tequila :D

So okay, I like xciders, at least some of them anyway, buit I don't usually erven consider them drinking. White wine is good, too, when cold :D

Never had a hangover in my life; woken up drunk? Yes. But hung over? Never.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cold New Zealand beer.

Arabwel - count yourself lucky that you have not had a hangover. A bad hangover is guaranteed to make you feel like you are having the most miserable day of life and is a fantastic reason not to mix drinks to excess.

20. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Beeeerrr :beer:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.