1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Facial Hair?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Abomination, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have no facial hair - apart from stylishly short cut sidies :cool:

Hah, Shaitan, 5cm goatee ftw! :D

2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

After a discusion in the FAI the other day I discovered that technically I have a circle beard, but mine isn't a circle, it is more of a squarey shape, and I generally keep it no longer than 1/2 inch long (1.25 cm for you metric folks).

On my days off I never shave unless some special occasion comes up. I also only have to shave every couple of days even when I'm working.

I shave my sideburns all the way off, and keep my head buzzed to 1/8 of an inch mostly.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Had a moustache once, but decided against keeping it after catching a bad cold.

Never had a beard, it prevents a gas mask/respirator from sealing correctly. I work with some dangerous chemicals and prefer to breath untainted air.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Same as the other two Dutch guys above.

5. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

No facial hair whatsoever. It's looked down upon around here. Sideburns arent considered hip either, and barely acceptable. Consistently all who dare to stroll about un-shaven are made fun of whenever humanly possible. :p :D

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I just measured mine, it's 9 centimeters or almost 4 inches if you prefer. Yes, we're talking about a goatee here.
    :lol: :sick:

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I currently have a small, neatly trimmed Goatee and mustache. It will get longer soon enough. For years I had a full beard and looked like a reject from some action show set in the south (like Dukes of Hazzard).

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've only had my beard a week now but it's actually quite dark and deep already... so I'm proud of it now.

People in my industry ask how old I am and they think I'm 25... surprised when I say I'm 21.

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No, not really. Generally just a bit building up during the time I don't get around to shaving. Though it is tempting to grow a full beard just to see if I really would look like a viking warrior- as oddly I have actually been told this.
    :heh:

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wish my facial hair was darker. It's a bit too blond for my likings. That's why I don't shave too often. You don't see the blond hair as easily as when it was darker.
    When I haved just shaved, my chin is too smooth, imo. The good thing is that I don't have to shave too often and people don't complain about me not being representative.

11. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Don't complain. I have brown hair and a red beard...

I'm letting my facial hair grow...again. Had a full beard without moustache some 8 years ago (and long hair) until I lost a bet. ;) Since then, I have only sideburns and a short goatie.

Time for a change, I guess.

@Dendri:
    Au contraire, my friend. Beards are considered fashionable currently. (Not that I would care.)

Were are you living? In Bielefeld? :D

[ September 23, 2006, 12:57: Message edited by: Fabius Maximus ]

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have a moustache, and more often than I ought to, a stubble. ;)

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31

:aww:

Unfortunate Bielefeld. Being disparaged so by someone from Berlin - where people are fuzzy and itching and probably wear uncured hides, too. Sowas.

Btw, if anything it is the business of the local matador Cologne to annoy the backward folks of the region. Out of my sandbox with you. :D

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm almost shaving my face to make me less recognizable to some people I've slighted :o

But everyone important would already know who they're talking about if it's about a crazy biology student with short hair, massive sideburns and a pair of eyeglasses.

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I have facial hair - eye brows :p

16. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, you know Berlin comes from Bearlin. ;)

Heh, now I know why you consider beards not in fashion. All those clean shaven gays around you... :p ;)

17. Dendri Gems: 20/31

I see our minds work alike. :p

tehehe ... as opposed by the shaggy gays of our somewhat queer capital?!

Mayhaps you just need to get out more, Alter. ;)

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    20 minutes ago: nice, scratchy, 5-day stubble beard.

Now: smooth as a baby's ass and twice as cute. ;)

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

nope, I've got youthful good looks ;) Like Clixby, I'm not really hairy and the moment I do get a bit growing on my face I shave it off right away.

20. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I am sporting an Obi-Wan beard at the moment. Welltrimmed and everything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.