1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you want to LIVE on the Sword Coast?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Cal Yhringlor, Oct 19, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, but mine *is*, specifically she is Yxunomei from IWD.
    My "temper" has nothing to do with my height, be it short or tall. And I find it insulting that you believe midgets, dwarves and short folks in general to be "bad tempered". :toofar: :nono:

2. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ppfff ... :) You know very well that it was NOT that I mean, Kuemper ...

You ARE of abrupt temper, and ANYTHING could give you that default ! ... And NOT ONLY a potential (?) midget status (contingently?) badly digested of YOU !
    — Stop to be unfair, please !
    You are not stupid, nor I am, either. :heh:

... Choose rather to relax, all of us, and enjoy to think to the dream of a swift travel toward the cool Inn of Feldpost, for example.
    In AD&D and / or BG games, ALL begin by an inn ... :cool:

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Let's relax on the comments about each others' tempers and whatnot, OK? Keep it on topic.

4. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

why does the question make me feel like you'r asking "do you dislike your life so much that you'd trade it for a life someone's imagined?"... but that's just me...

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

No problem. I am glad that you already know about Silvershield too, like I expected! :grin:

Not to mention you need to be a level 12 mage to be able to turn women into stone. :p Not an easy task!

All in all, it could have been fun to live in Sword Coast IF I had to power to reload and try again if something unfourtunate happens. Otherwise, no, thank you. I have no desire to meet my end at the hands of <insert random monster name here> in all likelihood! Our own world may not be the safest place, but at least there are no kobolds, goblins, orcs, undead, evil wizards, ghastly dragons etc. around every corner!...

...or are they? What is that shadow? I think I heard a noise! :mommy:

6. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Pay attention , Sivershield, your :
    deserves a recall mention.
    I recommend you to read again the explication given to Goli Ironhead near the top of that page, of which here is an extract :
    By the way, if it's true that :
    Indeed, Silverstar, but remember that on Earth we have evil priests, contractuals cops for forbidden car-standings, mad tank-trucks with deadly fluids inside, and so on, etc, etc ! ... ;)

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

:p There you go again, but I do not blame you this time, as you call me Silverstar in the end of your post. :p

Anyway, you are right, dying countless times can drive anyone mad no matter what, in the end.

Ha ha, yes, but I am happy (I think) in our insane World, thank you! :)

8. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Silverstar, my friend, I am in a SO great shame to be mistaken a second time about your name, :o ...

... that I am going to give you an exquisite and special promotion :
    after all, public names can be mutated, and then you are now upgraded to

PLATINUMSTAR :banana: :banana: :banana:

Note that if you prefer IRIDIUMSTAR or OSMIUMSTAR, only say it to me ! :spin:

PS : Now, the only peril is that your old buddy with the shield gain, also, a promotion somehow, :( , but life is rarely easy ... ;)

9. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

yes, if a mage offered me a chance to go the sword coast id take it.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I would rather go to Amn with the bellydancing vampires. My bellydancer fantasies would finally come true...

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Uh thanks, Platinumstar sounds too cheesy :toofar: ...and Osmiumstar... :skeptic: I am happy with my screen name so far, oh if you do not count the occasional confusion about my gender, or sexual origins, for that matter. :hahaerr:

12. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

[​IMG] @Cúchulainn : You don't need to go to Amn for bellydancers. We've lots of bellydancers here in Turkey! I've seen a few sexy ones on some videos from Arab countries too. :yum: :grin:

13. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

To Elfen Lied :
    ... Yes, Elven Lied, but you don't precise how enthusiastic you were ! :) ... And also and mainly, you don't precise, neither, WHAT class you chose for your First Level Power (I recall, once more, than only Human Monoclass is permitted, since in REAL BG1 world, the skeleton of AD&D 2nd edition is taken).

14. Kitana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm not sure if I'd want to use seven years of my life... I like my family back on Earth too much for that, and I wouldn't want them to miss me. If there was a way I could communicate via some spell or another, I might consider it.

15. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

— I thank you for vote and comment, Kitana ;) , but I note that, as usual, near-no one bother himself to READ comments and answers already inscribed HERE, into THAT topic ... :(

... Well, OK, there are now 6 pages of text, but IF anyone take care of read them a little, he knows quickly that a special gift is added for persons who are to sad to leave their families behind : return on Terra is only ONE MINUTE after the departure, for all those staying on earth (then, YOUR family) ... :cool:
    For YOU, you live 7 years in Sword Coast, while only one minute has elapsed for the others ...

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ofcourse, how could I forget? Come to Turkey, if you wish to see some real bellydancers! They do not bite like those in Amn, I assure you! :D

17. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

@ Cal Yhringlor

oh right sorry uh Paladin or Ranger, Butt Kicking for Goodness!

18. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] To ALL would-be "White Knights", and @ Elfen Lied : :)

... Be cautious at start, in REAL Sword Coast a Paladin TOO enthusiastic is quickly a DEAD paladin ; remember that it will be YOU in the armor, and that if the paladin dies, YOU die ! :sosad:
    The "Power Word, Reload" tolerance will NOT save you of the trauma and the anguish of your possible agony ... :wail:

In a party a paladin must often be ahead, except if the current leader of your group decides an other thing ; but AHEAD don't mean TOO ahead : a yard too much, and you are surrounded by foes, then severely wounded, then ... dead.
    If 85 % of adversaries are NOT slayed by RANGE arms (bows, the slings of your friends, etc ...) when they arrive ad contact, something is ALREADY very wrong !!! ... :nolike: :(

ALSO, remember that : fencing in championships, with a button on the point of the blade, is VERY DIFFERENT FENCING vis-a-vis the fencing IN A REAL FIGHT.
    • ... In a real fight you must be much more cautious ; because it is YOUR flesh and blood, and potentially your pain, and your LIFE.
    At times audacity must be dared, however, because a too long fight is a bad token of the final result, because of the temporary tiring and of others factors.

At end, the Strange Mage has given you a 1rst Level Power in your chosen class, OK ; but remember occasions of training, in REAL Sword Coast, are always a godsend ! ...

[ I HATE Elder Scrolls series, and, in particular, OBLIVION, a "Game Without Soul" :mad: , (as someone described it in a Amazon.com report) , and I regret near-every-coin I have put into this game, and into the very expensive console XBox360 ; but at least, in that soulless game, the concept of TRAINING was really dealed with care ].

Don't NEVER miss an occasion of training in Forgotten Realms. ;) :)

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sounds good to me Dengo and Silverstar :thumb: In that case count me out of visiting Swordscoast.

20. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] " Bellies beauty ", on Earth generally, and in Turkey in particular, are only exaltation of Lunar (moon) powers. :lol:

— In Sword coast, you will see these lunars magical forces beeing incarnated in a marvellous and feerie manner in women ELVES and HALF-ELVES, both in wilderness and in inns of large towns. :love:

• The belly-dance of a 18 charisma and 20 (or more) comeliness young elf maiden is of an unearthly beauty ... :bigeyes:
    ... And there is other strange and erotical experiences, as gorgeous feminine special slaves of djinnies, and so on ! :love: :love: :love:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.