1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sure Triactus, that's why they would stop smoking weed, but they don't want to :rolleyes:

2. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I dont smoke *anything*. Im an asthmatic and i'd probably die. My (also asthmatic) friend smokes tobacco and pot... what an idiot

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

European/former smoker

I don't particularly like the scent of burning tobacco but I can tolerate it. My woman, now, that's a completely different story. She wants to rip smoker's heads off!

Every time we go out drinking we have that same argument: me saying that it's not sensible to visit a place one knows contains a lot of smokers and then complain about them. She saying she doesn't care, she feels her rights violated and she wants to have smokers whipped on a regular basis, fascist pigs that they are. Whew.

BTW, I was on vacation in Greece recently and I found out that there isn't any living Greek who doesn't smoke but one shepherd on Samothrakis called Mihalis. Apart from him everyone in Greece is smoking. Regardless of age. Tough.

4. Advanced Simplicity Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Norwegian (Europe) smoker, tried my first smoke when I was 12 but didn't start as a regualr until I was around 15, now i'm 20 and smoke around 15 pr day, I really wanna quit but I really wanna smoke too ...

Here in Norway reserch show that around 1/3 of the adult population smokes.

1.June this year we got a smoking ban on all pubs/bars and public places , sucks a bit for the smokers but it's only fair that you non-smokers dont have to breather our poison.

Gonna read a book thats suppused to GUARANTEE you quit smoking, hope that helps me!

Wish me luck in quitting!

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Best of luck. That stuff is known to be physically addictive, so I'm not sure how much reading a book will help. Best of luck all the same! :D

6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Good luck in stoping! ;)

@BigStick, the way I see it, addiction is mostly a mind thing. Yes, your body "needs" the thing your addicted to, but it's your mind that gives in. You can choose to take what your addicted to (while I may make it sound as if it's real easy, it's not!). And the book probably teaches the reader how to will your body in stoping. Then again, the book might only be a money maker... :D

Well...actually...that's about it. There is not addictive substance in weed (unless you buy some cheap stuff out of a street corner. Then, you're not sure if it's even weed you're smoking...). The fact that you continue to smoke is entirely up to the smoker. And like everything, there are some people that go too far with it. Actually, it's a lot like alcohol. While it's absolutly non-addictive, you still get some people who are alcoholic...

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It's called a 'mental' addiction. They get addicted to the feeling it gives them, not the chemical component. Thus you have the problem of the 'hit' being less and less for each time they light up. Eventually they have to go through about 5 times as much weed to get the same 'feeling' as they did with their first puff.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I wasn't talking about the weed. I was talking about the munchies after the weed. There will be a worldwide shortage of pork rinds and cheezies. :D

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

When I was 5-6 years old, I was asked by a friend of my parents to try it out. It tasted bad just like I'd always smelled from my parent's smoking. After that I've never even thought about doing it. Smokers reek of rotten teeth anyway so the manner is annoying to say the least. No offense to anyone here, just the way I see it.

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    @Jaguar, damn munchies! :shake:

And you're forgetting the shortage of oreo cookies... :D

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Actually, the two ex-girlfriends with whom I had children both smoke and one is asthmatic while my eldest son is apparently asthmatic as well.

12. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

I've been smoking for one year now. I consider it better than drinking or unpurposely eating, which I did a lot former to my smoking career. Tobacco doesn't alter your behaviour, doesn't make you fat, but may make you ill... I guess there's always a downside. ;)

Update: I'm down to social smoking as if anyone cared... about one pack a month now.

[ March 27, 2005, 05:15: Message edited by: Maertyn ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.