1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you really hate this game?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Peleran the Bard, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Peleran the Bard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This game isn't really as bad as many people would have you believe. Those of you who have played it with an open mind, did you like it, or did you really hate it?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 54 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Do you really hate this game? (54 votes.)

Do you really hate this game? (Choose 1)
    * I really hated this game, I can't believe it was released. - 59% (32)
    * I play the game sometimes, but it's not my favorite D&D based game. - 22% (12)
    * Once I got the patches and it didn't run so slow and buggy I liked it. - 9% (5)
    * I've always liked this game. Hate it? What are you talking about? - 9% (5)

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hate this game? Of course not but I lost patience after playing it for about week.

3. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] HMMMM...

Let's see...

An open mind about this game?...

Well, I spent nearly 127 minutes to install the thing (it doesn't like CD-writers).

I spent 14 days upgrading controllers, drivers, hardware, DirectX, the OS, defragmenting, dusting and adjusting it to play it.

When I play it... VIOLA!... It crashes, and crashes, and crashes and... despite all the recent patches available.

Then again spent another 6 days on the same ***** ******* ***** set-up routine...

Again, it only crashed 3 times before I played and...

If you call disappointment this game; it wil be calling it the very least...

Clumsiest graphics, way too demanding on hardware, amongst the worst interfaces ever seen, SLOW gameplay, and to save a game; HA! another "game" on its own as you wait until judgement day to play again.

I even gave the thing a chance (against common sense, mental health and public decency) and reache the Wraith thingie or something like that.

SO!... Objectively... it sucks!

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I loathe this game. It is the height of evil! I spent that much money on it and it does squat, jack, nothing!

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I love this game. Always have. :D

6. Skates77 Gems: 1/31

shadow hunter what kind of computer do u have to make it take that long to install i mean seriosly no offense but your computer cant be all that great if it took that long and by the way THIS GAME RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I have a HP Pavillion 1.4 GHz with an ATI 128 Mb video card and a Creative Sound Blaster.

With this baby I can even play ALT-TABing Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate II with 60 AI config in both games. Hell, I even played Armada at hte same time.

(I think the damned thing just doesn't like 3D cards or hates PCs with more than 800 MHz)

THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME!

8. Darkblade Gems: 1/31

Things I hated about POR2:
    Sound (Never worked for me.)
    Graphics (I thought the graphics were more generic than NWN.)
    Combat system (Tedious and cumbersome.)

My wife played it through to the end, but she's far more patient than I am...

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I dont hate it, i DESPISE it! :mad:

10. Milliardo Peacecraft Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Oh my! I bought this game, just for kicks, and downloaded the v1.4 patch, and I have not even installed the game, and already it seems the patch ruined some things in my comp! My modem, for some odd reason, just disappeared, and I have to reinstall it all over. I deleted the patch, and after a few minutes (I am still not sure what exactly happened), after reinstalling my modem, everything's fine again. So, if the patch can do that, I shudder to think what the game installed might have done.

11. Skates77 Gems: 1/31

u ppl r stupid this game rulz and if u dont install the game right then things disappear but if u r smart and install it write then the game is awsome no complaints

[And if you're smart you'll go read the Forum Rules or find yourself suddenly unable to reach these boards...] -Tal

[ September 27, 2002, 10:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Skates, what a pleasent surprise, you have improved your spelling it seems (yeah right :rolleyes: )
    I hate this game more than the plague, but i dont think that POR ruined your comp.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The game itself (let's ignore the virtually unlimited supply of bugs and fatal crashes) was reasonably well done for what it was supposed to be: a dungeon crawl. I played it through, and tried a couple of solo campaigns but finally gave up in disgust when it dumped me to windows repeatedly. I deleted it from my hard drive -- using the patch so as to not to do real damage --gave away the CDs and only thought about it again because this poll happened to show up as the last entry on the main screen for the Boards. It's bugginess just thoroughly exceeded its playability after a while.

14. Burning Mind Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I've read all the posts from people saying how much they hated the game, and now I'm mad and have to say something. If you don't like the game, why don't you play one you like instead of complaining again and again about one you don't?

I like RoMD because it feels more like real D&D pen and paper than a D&D CRPG. I like a good plot, but I don't think this game was intended to be played for the plot. If I want a CRPG with a good plot, there's plenty out there. But if I just want to bash an Orc's skull in (oddly, for some strange and inexplicable reason, I often do) then RoMD will fit the bill.

So if you don't like it, that's fine. But it would be nice if the people who like it could talk about it without being told how bad it is. It doesn't matter to us that you don't like it. We do. So go play Baldur's Gate and leave us alone. :p

15. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The game is annoying and boring! :eek:

16. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hmmm...see and I thought the point of this post was to express ones content or discontent with the game. Gee, guess I was wrong there, huh? If you want to start a post for people who like the game, go for it. Then you'd have a reason to complain when people complain about a product. If you like it, say so, but don't flame the people who don't. I hate seeing posts like this on other forums. These people bought the game, and their ruining noones day. If they wanna gripe about it instead of loving it for their $60, let em. There's my cent and a half.

17. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yeah, and why are you even in this thread when the topic reads "Do you really hate this game?"

I don't hate the game, I hate the bugs. First the crashes, then the corruption of save games when saving with some spell effects on, and... well, and sicne my rig works perfectly woth all other games I got, I say it's the game's fault nothing working right...

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Oh come on, the game can't be as bad as you guys say!

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't praise it till you've tried it.

20. Thalin Windsong Gems: 1/31

Had no problem very few crashes and played fine. Though the screen console did suck. And I did not like the some things, I still enjoyed playing. Except for the Long load times already mentioned.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.