1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you have any allergies?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Shell, you won't have this one.

As stated in RBP, I am allergic to latex, which is kinda bizzare.

What about you, fellow SPers?

I kept the poll a simple yes/no, so if you voted yes, please post what allergies you have.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 29 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Do you have any allergies? (29 votes.)

Do you have any allergies? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 62% (18)
    * No - 38% (11)
    * Just the results. - 0% (0)

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yup - cats, dust, dust mites (American and European -- apparently there are different types), my mom (just kidding, still recovering from the visit), olive tree pollen, and certain grasses found mainly in Midwestern business parks (which is odd, since I have never been to one).

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

My eyes are allergic to air; they've watered 24/7 since I was a kid, at different rates depending on the temperature and purity of the air, but always at least a tiny bit. And there are probably others that I'm not aware of.

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I get hayfever, though from what is anyones guess.
    I believe I'm allegic to black beans (as found in Chinese cooking) At least they've always giving me a gypie belly.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I used to get nettle rash once or twice a year as a child, and the doctors thought I might be allergic to something or other. But they never found out what, and I haven't had anything as an adult.

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I occasionally get hayfever, not as bad as when I was a teenager when my eyeballs swelled up that much I was hospitalised and couldn't wear my glasses.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Do I ever! Mugwort, hayfever, birch pollen, cats and wasps. But luckily none of them are too bad. Only itchy eyes, running nose and my heart racing like I was in constant danger.

But now I've started to exercise more and have lots and lots of vitamin C. This seems to work since this august I haven't had my usual case of snot-infestation and high fever. :sick:

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Not that strange. Rubber allergies have been tops for the past 15 years, hence the bans on it in hospitals, care facilities and grocery stores.

I have 1 allergy and no, I'm not saying what it is.

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Dust and pollen are the major ones... oh yeah, and valium. I also think I might be allergic to the adhesive in bandages, which for a klutz like me, is not good.

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Nope. As far as I know, I am immune to it all.

@DoTW: Latex huh? That's gotta suck.

11. Disciple of The Watch

At first, it sucked big time, then I discovered that there were polyurethane alternatives - so I no longer need to paint bare-handed and wash my hands in thinner.

For the other part of latex allergy, I'll deal with it in due time.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are polyurethane alternatives for other latex devices as well ;)

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Let's see... mil, eggs, wherat, nuts, soy, cats, dogs, pollen, dust, sust mites... i think that's all of it.

And as you can probably guess, I am ignoring just about all of them.

14. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm just allergic to tards so i woted no because thats not medical in any way.

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I don't think I'm allergic to anything..

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Mango and Diclofenac, which is a common painkiller used after surgery and for some other stuff I believe.

The first (Mango) just makes me sick. The second is an anaphylactic reaction.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, I just discovered that. Hopefully those polyurethane alternatives are more effective than the natural membrane ones (which used to be the only alternative)...

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I'm allergic to people, but I don't think my insurance covers that :hmm:

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I think I'm allergic to the sun... whenever I step into bright sunlight, I sneeze for a minute or two.

But in all seriousness, I am luckily allergy-free.

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Pollen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.