1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Comparing WarCraft lll Heroes

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Elvenblade, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can just say one thing Mountain King and the Druglord rules... did I say Druglord, no I meant Dreadlord :D

Poll Information
    This poll contains 7 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Comparing WarCraft lll Heroes (15 votes.)

Paladin vs Death Knight. Both each others counterpart. (Choose 1)
    * Paladin - 20% (3)
    * Death Knight - 80% (12)

Blademaster vs Demon Hunter. Both are quick and deadly. (Choose 1)
    * Blademaster - 27% (4)
    * Demon Hunter - 73% (11)

Mountain King vs Tauren Chieftain. Both are strong warriors. (Choose 1)
    * Mountain King - 60% (9)
    * Tauren Chieftain - 40% (6)

Archmage vs Far Seer. both are magic user and can summon. (Choose 1)
    * Archmage - 47% (7)
    * Far Seer - 53% (8)

Lich vs Keeper of the grove. Both magic users. (Choose 1)
    * Lich - 80% (12)
    * Keeper of the Grove - 20% (3)

Dreadlord vs Priestess of the moon. Both can bring down havoc from the sky. (Choose 1)
    * Dreadlord - 87% (13)
    * Priestess of the Moon - 13% (2)

Favourite Campaign Heroe (Choose 1)
    * Arthas - 0% (0)
    * Jaina - 7% (1)
    * Muradin - 13% (2)
    * Arthas the Death Knight - 7% (1)
    * Kel Thuzadh - 20% (3)
    * Thrall - 13% (2)
    * Cairne - 0% (0)
    * Grom - 13% (2)
    * Tyrande - 7% (1)
    * Furion - 7% (1)
    * Illidan - 13% (2)

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Death Knight VS Paladin: A rather retarded and slow one on one matchup here. The paladin might outlast the death knight with divine shield as the combatants holy light/death coil each other again and again. Still, the death knight's unholy aura makes him lighting fast and gives him superb regenerative powers. It'll be close, but I still say the death knight will win more often than not.

Blade Master VS Demon Hunter: At low levels, the BM has a slight advantage with mirror images and critical strike. At mid levels, the two are equally matched: Immolation versus mirror image, evasion vs critical strike. The Demon Hunter (Morningstar! :D ), has manaburn, though. Cheap and instant damage. At high levels, Bladestorm is virtually useless in one on one battles, though it's a great devastator of armies. The Demon Hunter would metamorphosis and blast the Blade master from afar until he dies.

Mountain King VS Tauren Chieftain. Nuh-uh. Not much of a contest here. At low levels, the MK would trample the TC with his stormbolt and thunderclaps. At mid-level, the MK brings in bash, making him deadly even without mana. At high levels, the TC is a sitting duck in the face of the MK's avatar. The TC dies and is reincarnated...only to be killed again...The TC is still a great hero, though. He's simply not meant for one on one matchups.

Archmage VS Far Seer: Close battle. Very close. If there was some time before the battle began where the AM could summon three water elementals, there is no way the Far Seer's wolves can defeat the elementals. Still, at high levels, the invisible wolves with critical strike may just assassinate the AM while the Farseer runs around the lumbering elementals. Also, blizzard VS chain lighting: Blizzard's great for destroying armies but chain lighting is instantaneous and devastating. If the AM can drag it out though, he just might win when his opponent is out of mana and he is not, thanks to Brilliance Aura. Still, the Farseer has a higher chance of winning.

Lich VS Keeper of the Grove: Laughable. The Lich's frost nova would nuke the Keeper in moments. At low levels, the keeper's treants might be dangerous, especially when combined with entangle. But at mid level, once frost armor is brought in, the treants are almost negligible. At high levels, the keeper will die eating a multitude of novas before being subject to death & decay while he stands there casting tranquility.

Dreadlord VS Priestess of the Moon: At low levels, the priestess would slaughter the Dreadlord with her searing arrows and superior attacks. At mid levels, it would be a fairly even fight. I don't see Sleep coming into the equation in a one on one battle then. At high levels, the priestess would be utterly, completely obliterated. Her starfall is easily neutralised by the Dreadlord's sleep and an infernal will come crashing down on her sleepy head. Said infernal will pound elf broad into a bloody pulp.

Favorite Campaign heroes? I like Thrall a lot, though Grom's cooler. Illidian is an evil bastard and Arthas the death knight is awesomely sinister. Still, I picked Grom.

*Taste of my blade!* ;)

3. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I really like the vampiric aura that the Dreadlord has. Combine that with the mask of death and voila, every attack heals 95%!! :eek:

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I always play the demon hunter. For one simple reason. He doesn't die very fast, even if I totally overcharged with moving my units and just have no time to look after him.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I don't see the point in making a match out of the heroes as many are specialized in aiding their companions and not that great combatants themselves.

I'd cast my vote for the hero I find useable in a game.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

For all the Orc options on the vs questions, i chose them. Mainly due to the fact that I always play an Orc online and think that they are by far my favourite race

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.