1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Coke Or Pepsi

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DarkGoddess, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How about Qibla Cola and Mecca Cola, those two new rival Muslim cola companies who are looking to take over the evil American capitalist run Cola world?

I watched a fascinating documentary on this where the boss of Qibla Cola tried to claim that his somewhat familiar looking red and white bottle labels did not look ANYTHING like Coca-cola's.

Anyway, I've never worked out what all the fuss about cola was anyway. It's so sweet and sugary. Give me water, fruit juice, beer, or coffee any day.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ HB -

I agree - which is why I drink the "diets." The regulars are way too sugary and sweet. The diets satisfy the sweet craving and don't give you the wack-ass aftertaste. But yes, I too usually prefer water or juice.

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Well, my uncle works for Coke, so he's got us all brainwashed. I still love Mountain Dew, though.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hmmm you said not wishing to confuse things but I like a mix, so it does confuse things.

Between the drinks coke and Pepsi I prefer Pepsi. However between sprite and 7-up I prefer sprite in bottles and 7-up in restaurants (with ice and lemon).
    I prefer apple tango but orange Fanta.

I think that's all. Anyway I voted coke because sprite is my favourite and that is (I didn't know but you said...) coke company.

^ bad grammar, bad spelling, bad attitude of not being bothered to care.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Coke - I find that it has a nice bite to it while Pepsi just tastes sickly sweet.

For other drinks, I prefer Sprite over 7-Up and for the root beers I generally drink Barq's due to its smooth and mild flavour.

It is kind of funny given that Barq's is promoted as "the one with bite" but I drink it when I want a smooth flavour instead of the bite of Coke.

When I was in university and had to pull all-nighters Jolt was my cola of choice, I am not sure which helps to keep you awake more - the huge amounts of caffein or the horrible taste.

7. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Coke!! Actually, i am drinking it as I speak. But I still have a fondness for Mountain Dew.

As for mixing just colas Lazy Bonzo, or Suicides as we call them, all of you should try this combination: Regular Coke, Blue Powerade, Orange Soda, Mountain Dew, and Root Beer, preferably A&W in equal amounts except for a little less Powerade (drowns out the Mountain Dew) It will blow you away, figuratively if not literally...

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Funny, to me, it's the diet drinks that have an aftertaste I don't like.

Anyway, I chose Coke, but I prefer iced tea.

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I drink a lot of coke, so I guess I'm just more used to it than pepsi. I think it tastes better too, but I'm not sure. The best soda I ever had was this one bargain bin thing called mountain breeze, it was a funky adventure.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can't handle the sugar stuff, but I love vanilla diet coke. Diet pepsi on the other hand tastes ungood. Both coke and pepsi taste awful with lemon or lime "flavour". I only like real lime and lemon in my drinks.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    While I hate the taste of both, it was a poll for the company, not the actual beverage. So I'm going for Pepsi for one reason:

Mt. Dew!!! :love: :thumb:

No other soda has kept me awake during so many boring mornings at school/work. :bigeyes: :rolling:

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why do you need Pepsi or Coke when you have Alcohol? Give me a beer or nothing!

13. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

thums up :thumb:

(or, if you're looking for a more pro-western muslim cola, try cola turca, complete with an avertisement by chevy chase)

14. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I dont really like the taste of any of them, but if I had to choose I'd choose Pepsi. The Coca Cola Company doesnt need anymore money...

15. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Well, like Ofelix, I am Canadian, therefore we grow up drinking beer. We don't get too many really hot days here, and when one does come along, a cool brew beats anything.

But, my mom is American and back when she was a kid Pepsi dominated California, so she likes it and then I grew up drinking it.

But, personally, I like Ice Tea and Dr.Pepper better than either of them.

Pepsi is my choice.

16. Rekesalat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] URGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And all products from Coca Cola is better than Pepsis equivalent, except that 7up>sprite, but not by much though...

And urge is the best soda at this moment...to bad the 1.5 L went out of sale here in Norway :mad:

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Coke all the way, but only because of Vanilla Coke. Used to like Pepsi Max but it just tastes horrid now, don't know why.

Out of any flavour though, it would have to be The Dew.

18. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't drink much in the way of fizzy drinks, anymore. With age I've found I prefer all sorts of other things to the fizzy stuff. Tea, coffee and my personal favourite (non-alcoholic favourite, you understand) Milk. Cold milk just beats anything else for me.

Still, back to Coke v Pepsi, I'm a Coke man, always have been. Pepsi is just too sweet.

19. Ishmael Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Whiskey is my personal favorite. Irish or Canadian.

Even Kentucky is good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.