1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Coca Cola, toxic or not?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Argohir, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Coffee? :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Coke Zero just took a solid hit... I tasted Monster today. Kicks less hard than Jolt, but tastes better. :yum: It's just as chemical as Coke, but who cares? I don't.

2. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't drink soda at all and I won't start doing it certanly not after reading this.

Even with the big discussions going on, coca-cola is still on of the biggest companies on the US stock exchange.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Coke, Pepsi? Meh, who cares - as a couple of little kids said in a Berke Breathed comic decades ago "It still doesn't change the fact that they both taste like malted battery acid."

I've got a sensitive palate, and carbonated drinks actually irritate me.

So Georgia-uhImean Coca-Cola LLC got caught doing naughty things few of us are surprised a multi-national corporation were doing.

PepsiCo's just as bad, as people have intimated already in this thread. Further, THAT 'evil empire' holds a pretty big grasp over the overall fast food industry: KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Frito-Lay (which a generation ago, bought out the only other significant chip maker I've see - Hostess). Odds are, if they aren't serving Coke at the place, it's because PepsiCo owns them...

(Oh, and no I don't drink ANY 'fizzy' drinks - beer and champange, included)

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Our school has two drinks you can choose: coca-cola and water that tastes like piss, guess which one I'm drinking?

In home, I drink ice tea. It tastes *way* much better than any soda drinks. Some Pepsi and Mt.Dew also.

5. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Oh just remembered, next year they're banning fizzy drinks at schools (in the entire state I think?). Heh, luckily this is my last year, although it's not like I go buy any anyway.

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I'm in Luxemburg, my friend :) , no banning here. Luckily, they're adding new coffee and juice machines

7. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Any drink containing high fructose corn syrup is pretty toxic. Not that sugar cane is much better for you.

There was a huge jump in the number of diabetics in the US at precisely the same time both Coke and Pepsi switched from sugar to high fructose corn syrup.

Switch from soft drinks to water or 100% fruit juice and be amazed at how much your health improves. Or don't and enjoy being fat, diabetic, arthritic, frequent colds, acne-faced... uh, you get the idea.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Diet sodas exist for a reason. Aspartame might be no better, but who cares.

9. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

@Stu: I shake if I don't get my caffeine.

@jaded empath: If the place doesn't serve Coke, I'll try to avoid eating there. (Because, surprisingly enough, if a chain in Finland serves only Pepsi, the food tends to be bad.)

@Sir Fink: I drink a liter of non-diet Coke (or some cheaper cola most of the time now, such as Freeway) a day, and I used to drink a liter of 100% OJ a day - and it has NO health effect whatsoever if I get enough Vitamin C from elsewhere!

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, it doesn't really matter WHAT you drink; it's all basically going to have detrimental effects.

'Radioactive waste'? That's a laugh coming from people taking in fusil oil (what you find in tea and iced tea that they filter out of vodka so you don't go blind).

Essentially all carbonated soda drinks will make you an obese diabetic.

Coffee (for all you snobbish Starbuckites ;) ) will eat through your stomach lining, stress your systems and mess with your body chemistry.

Tea? All the fun of coffee except the bitter taste and you get to lose your eyesight, too! :D

Bottled water? All those advertising campaigns about filtering are marketing magic; that stuff ain't much cleaner than your tap water. And as Britta will tell you, that's virtually the same as drinking out of your toilet! ;)

I'll just fill up an old, leftover Gatorateā„¢ bottle (all those sports drinks are little more than de-carbonated colas; the primary ingredient is LIQUID SUGAR) from the tap, as ANYTHING I drink is going to contribute to my ill health, and water's pretty darn cheap compared to a quadra mocha latte, even if it is rife with a corrosive additive that causes considerable harm to my systems when ingested, instead of swished in the mouth to penetrate the teeth and spat out like the dentist instructs...

When I do want to splurge beverage-wise, I hit the hot chocolate; an average cup of which will actually have more caffiene than Nescafeā„¢, so I get just as many nervous disorders and digestive problems as coffee speed freaks, and I'm getting all the obesity of a cola fanatic.

So, NYAH :lol:

EDIT: @Taza - I don't think any worse or better of you for your decisions or preferences - we're ALL idiots (myself included). *shrug*

11. Disciple of The Watch

I *am* a cola fanatic, and I'm *not* obese. Diet sodas exist for a reason, Jaded One.

I'm drinking Coke Zero as I write this.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh well, I guess we'll never really know then.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.