1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Coca Cola, toxic or not?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Argohir, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Coke is great. That DHMO link is a perfect example of the mass hysteria in the media at the moment. They found pesticides in Coke? Big deal...its still selling like mad in India. If there were discernible effects, you'd think people wouldn't drink it as it makes them sick.

ANYWAY, I remember there was this one story on Network Ten in Australia, about how some brand of honey had toxic chemicals in it and they made a HUGE deal about it.

Guess what? The chemical exceeded set limits by 2 parts per million! And its non-toxic even if you had the chemical STRAIGHT from the bottle, undiluted...I hate the media...

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Coke, and all of its spin-offs (i.e. Coke Zero, Diet Coke, etc) along with Pepsi, and all of its spin-offs (i.e. One, Diet Pepsi, etc) are all nasty, and I just can't bring myself to drink any of them. :nono:

If it can disolve the tarnish off of a penny, it shouldn't be in your gut. :bad: :rolling:

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

This from the man who drinks Mt. Dew as a religion. :shake:

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ha! Well said, Fel.

You got pwned, Kit. Mt. Dew sucks, BTW.

Zero is excellent.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Lousy blasphemers... :p

As it is, I saw a news report tonight that school kids of all ages are protesting Coke over in jolly ol' India.

This could spell trouble for my dad's Coke stocks...IIRC, he's got about 300 shares in Coke. I wonder if his broker is screaming at him to sell? :hmm: :rolling:

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    In that case, you'd best stop eating anything with ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, or pickles. Never use lemon, either. :rolleyes:

8. Disciple of The Watch

HAHA! Well said! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i remember this one episode of The Simpson, where they are in new york, and for a reason that really doesnt matter, homer is really thirsty, and can only choose between two things
    Crap juice
    and the infamous Mt. Dew

he chose the crap juice! wonder why

10. Disciple of The Watch

Haha, yeah, I remember that episode, I caught it on TV yesterday... I couldn't help but to think of Kitrax... even Homer Simpson doesen't want of Mt. Dew. Mt. Dew is foul radioactive waste.

But back on topic, not surprised Coke's in trouble again. But who cares, they will make it through. As long as the grocery store receives regular stocks of Coke Zero, everything will be fine, and I won't raise a riot. ;)

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Coca cola is probably toxic but probably not as toxic as some beverages never called toxic. And I still like it, anyway, even though you can use it to remove stain from metal. :p Perhaps why I don't drink it *that* often.

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Theres a bloke in my class who starts to shake if he doesn't have a coke at recess. Not that vigerously - but still, thats physical withdrawal.

13. Disciple of The Watch

I didn't had ANY caffeine today - I'm not shaking, but I'm in a pretty bad mood, am facing difficulties to concentrate. As soon as my f****** brother comes back, he better have that 20 bucks he owes me so I can get a 2L of Zero and down it in one ****ing gulp.

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

For the record, Pepsi actually got nailed in India for exactly the same thing. Both companies are fighting the charges.

The funny thing is that Coke and Pepsi both have lower concentrations of pesticides than any native Indian beverages. Also, both are below the current legal limits there.

Additionally, the validity of the scientific tests used to arrive at the accusations have been called into question. There is currently no standard for testing for pesticides in India.

I'm not selling.

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Don't care what's in it, it just tastes good. It also mixes good with Whiskey, Vieux, en the nectar of the gods, Bacardi. :grin:

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Confusion - is there pesticides in all coke, or just over in India? The articles were focused on India, so I wasn't sure.

In any case, I only drink 7 a day, I shouldn't die too quickly, right?

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Of course coke is bad! Hasn't anyone ever watched the Simpsons? :D (edit: The episode where Lisa carries out an experiment to see if fizzy drinks will dissolve her tooth).

There are two people in my school who buy a bottle of COke everyday...one's a student and one's a teacher.

Oh, and I have a friend who likes her fizzy drinks flat. :D

18. Disciple of The Watch

I drink nearly 10 cans per day, I'll die even faster than you. :p

Seriously, if I don't have my dose during the day, I get strong headaches, and feel like I'm in zombie mode... like today. I had just three cans up to now.

As Susi would say: Caffeine...

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hey...i drink a bottle of coke every day, sometimes when it's really hot even two. Well, either coke or sevenup.

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @DOTW: See, if you drank as much coffee as I do, you wouldn't NEED coke. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.