1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Cheese

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Jul 24, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I adore cheese :love:

Favourites include: Mature Cheddar (eg Davidstow), Blue (roquefort, stilton, dolcelatte), Parmigiano Reggiano, Ricotta, Buffalo Mozzarella, Yarg, Trehill, Chevres, Brie, Camembert, White Stilton with Apricots, Lancashire, Wensleydale, Feta, Halloumi

Best served with walnut bread and Port

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

*drools* stroopwafels... my only addiction :yum:

Oh right, cheeses. Gouda for every day use. I reguraly eat feta, mozerella and parmesan (powdered) and occasionally things like brie and some other cheeses.

3. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I like fake-talk and cloudkill spamming. Cheesy scolls and multi-PIing doesn't quite do it for me any more...

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Parmesan, Oud Brugge, Gouda, Vieux Pané, feta, mozzarella...oh and I love goat cheese.

Cheese is good.

And your kroketten are known here, MoN. :shake:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Curse you, Uytuun! Now I crave Vieux Pané and I am not getting any in a looong time :(

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I still haven't found a cheese I don't like... and the mouldier, the better. :yum:

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:sick:

There is something revolting about cheese. No way will I allow this fetid crap anywhere near me.

8. Arabwel

Media:
    *throws the unidentifiable moldy chunk fromt hwe depths of her fridge at Colthrun* :p

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Huh; I couldn't vote in more than one category; I'm disappointed. ;)

Well, I am (was? am again?) allergic to the product of certain bacteria consuming dairy as of a couple months ago - it's weird as I was allergic to just about EVERYTHING short of air when I was born, then quickly (1-2yrs) outgrew most of them. Finally outgrew my chocolate allergy by 17 (yeah, Easter was a whole lot of no fun for me growing up ;) )...

...but a short while ago? I woke up in the middle of the night covered in CLUSTERS of hives and itching like all get out; staggered into the shower, rinsed myself thoroughly and then nodded off in the stall, miserable. The doctor perscribed benedryl, and I changed the detergent my clothes were washed in and cut out fabric softener (even though that makes what I wear a little more scratchy ;) ) and started to manipulate my diet to see if it's a food allergy...

Now, months later, either I've outgrown the allergy again already, or I'm going insane; for a few weeks any addition of cheese (cheddar, mozza, swiss, feta, even went off the stuff for a week then tried a bite of wensleydale for curiosity) would set me off in trying to rip my skin off. :( But now? I can eat pizza with no ill effects, a sandwich that happens to have a slice of white cheddar in it, I'm fine. Other foods seemed to provoke a response, but again the results are VARYING :mad: It even seems that my itchy spells are now heat rash...sigh. :rolleyes: I sure wouldn't want an allergist's/dermatoligist's career. :(

Which is an ENORMOUS relief, as I've discovered (upon dwelling on it) that I L*O*V*E cheese! I must be part rodent! ;)

So all in all I joined the crowd and said 'yes' though I *was* tempted to be the first with the "can't eat it due to medical condition" response...

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, I like most types of cheese. The varieties we tend to get in our grocery stores here are a bit limited though. That is one of the reasons that I don't mind getting routed through Schiphol when I travel to Europe - I always grab some nice cheese while waiting for my connecting flight.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know....this topic is kind of cheesy.

Sorry - I just couldn't resist.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anybody who'd like a chunk of Dragonfly? :p

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Cheese is good...I have heaps and heaps of it on everything I eat...sandwiches, pizzas, wraps, burgers...you name it! :D Mozzarella especially is my personal favourite. Hate Cheddar...

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Had a wine and cheese dinner tonight...lots and lots of goodness...what struck me the most was the soft goat cheese and the artisanal Brussels cheese. Baguette, wine and grapes...yum.

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't like eating cheese by itself. But it's good on sandwiches, pizza, lasagna (mmm... melted cheese and pasta!), and crackers. I don't get to eat all those different types of cheese though.

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i dont like a lot of different cheeses, but the ones i like, i absolutely love!!

cheddar, gouda, mozarella, parmazan, and maybe one or two more

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Cheese? Hell Yeah!

Cheddar so old it bites you back is the bomb!

18. Arabwel

Media:
    I have a confession to make...

I like processed cheese :p

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I eat most kinds of cheese but a well-aged cheddar is my favorite.

20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I still have to make my mind regarding smoked cheese, but so far is in my OK list.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.