1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: As what character class do you see yourself?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by chevalier, Aug 12, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Quick poll to check the demographics.

Choose what you think you were if Earth were a D&D setting.

There's no "just results" option, but choosing NPC classes won't destroy the poll as they are supposed to be the most frequent.

[ August 12, 2004, 01:09: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 65 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: As what character class do you see yourself? (65 votes.)

As what character class do you see yourself? (Choose 1)
    * Barbarian - 3% (2)
    * Bard - 9% (6)
    * Cleric - 8% (5)
    * Druid - 2% (1)
    * Fighter - 3% (2)
    * Monk - 6% (4)
    * Paladin - 5% (3)
    * Ranger - 12% (8)
    * Rogue - 17% (11)
    * Sorcerer - 5% (3)
    * Wizard - 11% (7)
    * Adept - 2% (1)
    * Aristocrat - 0% (0)
    * Commoner - 6% (4)
    * Expert - 8% (5)
    * Warrior - 5% (3)

2. Gavin de Valge Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, it is difficult for most people to be some of these classes. I highly doubt that there will be many aristocrats, sorcerers or adepts, if realism is the point. However, it is always possible that the members of the board have unexpected talents ;) . Of course, that is consistant with the demographics of most D&D settings.

This is a difficult question for me. I could be a cleric, bard or wizard. Since I had to pick, I decided a wizard would probably be most accurate.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can't cast spells, I possess no magical abilities, I have no special or diverse skills or feats, I don't fight, I don't rage, I'm not of the upper class, so it follows that I'd be a commoner like most people.

Then again, it's a boring choice too, but at least as a lowly commoner you don't have to go fight monsters and visit dungeons and risk dying.

[ August 12, 2004, 04:50: Message edited by: Oaz ]

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'd probably be a low-level bard hanging out in my hometown. That or a commoner. Commoner might be more realistic in a sense but my hobbies would still be bardish.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess everybody here would be a commoner, so that's no option for me, since it won't bring out the results and differences we want to see.

So I chose something else. I'm interested in helping people with their problems, have an interest in God (or rather: He has an interest in me...) and I have an interest in the human body and his functions. So that would qualify for a cleric's apprentice.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Monk. Characterwise and Combatwise I have a lot in common with this class. I can fight armed and unarmed, am pretty disciplined, have great reflexes. I abide the law and my personal code (mostly martial arts spirit) so the lawful aspect is covered as well.

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Warrior. I would consider it a good way to stay in shape, make some money and get fresh air.

Might end up a hero one day...

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Some sort of mixture of a monk and a druid. Probably equal levels, or 1 difference.

Epic, naturaly :p :spin: :grin:

9. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Currently commoner. Might be able to advance in some class when I get older and know better what path my life will take...

10. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

expert: I'm becoming an artist.

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I would most definetly be a wizard of some sort!

12. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There was no "dead" option so I chose Commoner. :D I'm not sure what sort of profession I'd be suited for with no computers around.... :(

13. Shadow Cougar Banned

Hmm..if speaking of realism..I would be a Psymaster...

If speaking of actual D&D world, but Earth, I would be a Fighter/Sorcerer...with small skills of Druid. Acutally, preety hard to determine, the thing is : When I play in sessions, I always build my own class...and race...so...hah, I would be myself. ^.^

14. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Some sort of weird combo of bard, sorcerer, and cleric. I'm a spiritual person and I'm also very creative. I have also had some rather...interesting paranormal experiences.

Mostly bard though. I sing, play the violin, and love to write.

15. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Rogue all the way, baby!

'Course, if we're allowing custom classes, I think that this is actually a closer approximation...

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rogue! I voted my fantasy. In RL I am a boring, law abiding person but very individualistic. In my very young days I wanted to be a green eyed, red haired adventuress. Don't have green eyes or red hair.

17. Shadow Cougar Banned

Green eyed and red haired adventurer? Sounds like Lee-loo.

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Rogue easily. Hell, I remember the few fights I've been in. I've fought LIKE a rogue, I don't trade blow for blow, I manouver and jump on peoples backs, hitting pressure points and weak body parts.

I'd guess Monks would be rather obsolete considering how in this day and age we have firearms. So a warrior would probably be a soldier or gun-for-hire or some such.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A berserker that doesn't control his rages. If you read the bad stuff, or something like that, topic in Whatnots you understand why.

Otherwise, a warrior. I can fight, just not very good.

20. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Opposed to archery? :) A Monk would be a martial artist in current time. After all, not every has acces to a gun nowadays, so they're hardly absolete. Quite the opposite actually, since the majority of violence nowadays is still hand to hand combat, and not shootouts :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.