1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Any Hunters?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Kitrax, Oct 29, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Fel, you eat spiders? :aaa: :shake:

My mother's family hunted for food in the 30s and 40s, though usually 'varmits' like squirrels and opposums. Those are the only people I know who hunted for a critter to put in the pot and eat.

Hubby has an uncle who 'catches his moose' once a year, but it's not like anybody needs the meat, bones, skin, etc. It sits in the deep freeze along with the 6 shrimp rings and dried out dinner rolls. :lol:

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

But I would die with honour like a true warrior :D
    Or maybe I could backstab the boar :p

Hunting for sport is cruel. And the most cruel thing is hunting via Internet. Just use your mouse and even physicaly disabled person can kill a harmless animal. The animal has no chance. And some of us who think that way could be vegetarians. What about that? You would call such people hypocrits?

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I hear a Red Dragon approaching. We tread on dangerous ground. We the hunters are about to become the hunted. Non-hunters are included in the Dragon's diet. :eek:

4. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Growing up in rural Pennsylvania, I have found the average hunter to be as eager to stoop your wife and kids as bag a deer.

Elboy deep in intestines? :thumb:

Sounds like a great Saturday afternoon!

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Let's try this again. Since some people here would rather behave like sheep, it's obviously up to me play the shepherd.

I've created a new AoDA thread on hunting.

Anything that still gets posted in this thread that is off-topic (like any kind of posts containing ethical/moral/fairness/etc. judgements on hunting) will be deleted from this point on. And the person who's managed to sit on their ears through two of my warnings will get 50 posts taken off their post count for not paying attention.

If you scroll up to the first post in this thread, you will see that the purpose of it is very simple. DO YOU HUNT? YES/NO

Anything going beyond that is most likely up for discussion in the new thread that I've made.

When we opened the new sports forum it was decided right in the beginning that the more serious matters that would have been discussed in AoDA previously (doping in sports, hunting, etc.), will continue being discussed there. This just makes it easier for everyone.

And for pete's sake, if a mod suggests to open a new thread instead of keeping up at it in the original one - DO IT! Don't wait for divine intervention, because it usually comes late. If you're the first person who sees the notice and is interested in the subject, open a new thread about it as suggested. It's as easy as clicking a button.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I've never hunted and I doubt I ever would - I like just walking in the woods and looking at stuff, I don't need the thrill of the hunt. It's the same as golf - a good walk spoiled.

However, if a friend who hunts has some excess venison, pheasant, or goose, I'm first in line! :thumb: I'll even have the hunter over for dinner.

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've never hunted... I'd like to try it some time, but if I'd wanted it to be what I'd consider 'good sport', I'd probably either come home empty-handed or eaten :p . If I did make a kill, I'd want to eat it too though. Maybe I'll go hunt a sibling ^^
    :borg:

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...is it just me, or do the poll results look like a hand flipping you off? :eek:

Anyway, I just got word that my old boss went bow hunting and baged himself a nice 5-point buck. Being true to his style; he, his funny old fart of a father, and two sons skinned it, gutted it, and did all the other meat preperation by themselves once they got it home.
    The best part is, since I was one of his "good" employees, I get some of the meat! :banana: I'd like to learn to bow hunt, but I suck at archery. :( :rolling:

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i don't think i'll ever get the chance but i'd like to. i've read several memoirs of hunters such as corbett and capstick, very entertaining stuff.

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

It *does* look a bit like a hand flipping you off.

I don't hunt, but the ol' Momma's hubby does, so I get to eat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.