1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Any Hunters?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Kitrax, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So it's hunting season. This year, I'm not going due to lack of money, lack of people to go with, and lack of a hunting license.

But are there any other hunters other there? (Yes, "Bunny Blasting" counts too!) :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Any Hunters? (23 votes.)

Do you hunt? (Choose 1)
    * Yes! I hunt when and where I can. - 4% (1)
    * Yes, but I rarely do anymore. - 17% (4)
    * No. - 48% (11)
    * No! That's too cruel! - 26% (6)
    * We aren't allowed to have guns where I live. - 0% (0)
    * Just the results for me. (not recomended) - 4% (1)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No. I have never even seen a gun in real life and I don't know anyone who owns one, so going hunting would be a wee bit tricky for me, unless I decided to take on a stag armed with a sharpened twig or something.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I used to be a part of the "That's too cruel!" crowd, but I dropped it to have a better relationship with my father (who hunts religiously). But the whole thing seems unfair; the closest the animals can come to winning is managing not to die. Get yourself a sword and THEN we'll see who wins. :evil:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have never hunted for game animals - deer, elk, pheasant, etc. Could never afford the license fee or the weaponry, unless you count hitting things with a car. ;) I used to fish quite a bit in my early 20s and didn't mind that except for consistantly catching turtles.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I like the hunting season, Tottenham fans are such easy prey. Unlike those jumpy African deers and stuff, they actually come charging towards you. Someone should teach them how to survive in this cruel cruel environment. :shake:

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I don't like the idea of hunting a helpless animal for sport.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

When I'm in South Africa I hunt what I'm allowed on my license. I use a crossbow or rifle and the game I kill (2 or 3 antelope usually) is frozen to go home or turned into biltong (similar to jerky, dry-cured meat) again for the home. The hunts are organised as part of a cull not really for sport.

Oh and always some of the meat etc is left for the animals (lion, leopard, hyena, vulture etc)

8. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah, i kinda agree with Fel here, if you go hunting for the poor extincionthreathened (that's not the right word eh?) wolves to save your sheep, don't go in by chopper, go at them with a knife! :evil:

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Closest thing i've done is shooting plastic bottles with air gun. :rolleyes:

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

"Look at me, I'm super hunter cause I shot a rabbit with my hunting AK-47 from 1000 feet distance." :rolleyes:
    There is no glory in killing an animal if you have a long distance gun. Try hunting with bow or a knife and try to kill a boar.
    I really hate hunting for sport. And not many hunts because they need meat.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

While I enjoy shooting stuff, that stuff better not be anything living. I'm a vegetarian, and it would be hypocritical of me to hunt animals.

Target shooting, however, is great fun.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hunting is barbaric.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, let's leave moral judgements on hunting for AoDA, if anyone cares to open a thread about it there.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I don't hunt, but, oh, just about everyone around me does. If I weren't so lazy, I just might, too... since I hhave various uncles/friends/et cetera whose guns I could use if I got a license and so on.

But quite frankly, I am too lazy. I just use puppydog eyes on them, and my freezer is stocked with game anyway. :yum:

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I have nothing against hunting in general and it's a cultural thing around here, I know plenty of people who hunt, but it's just not my thing. I'm the urban kind of guy who likes to keep himself away from the bugs and other nasty stuff in the woods as long as possible. ;)

16. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No, hunting isn't my thing. [snip]

[On the subject of pissing, you piss me off with crap like that. -Tal]

[ October 31, 2005, 02:50: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't hunt but I come from a hunting family. It was theoretically for food but I think sport was enjoyed. I learned to shoot a rifle at a tender age. I have no qualms about eating what some one else has hunted.

I do think hunting with modern weapons is unfair and I don't see the sport in it. My grandfather hunted with a one shot rifle. Can't remember what caliber. I couldn't use it that I know.

I do like to fish. Trout is delicious.

By the way, Undertaker, if you hunt boar with a knife you will be needing an undertaker. :( :p

18. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Hahaa! This reminds me so perfectly of campaign of d&d. A local lord sent us to hunt a boar with daggers and clubs. The boar actually killed one of our party injured a few before DM intervention. So let that be a warning to all of you, hunting boars with daggers is not recommended. :lol:

19. tipperon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

lol, yea...dumb pigs... :p

anyways i just wanted to comment that people who think hunting is cruel but eat beef should be banished to life in the sewers.
    oh and for all those hunters out there, Good Luck

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You must really suck at hunting if you're resorting to shooting cows. :rolleyes: And for the record, hunting isn't cruel (maybe death and nature, but that's an entirely different subject), it's just a bit unfair...in about the same way that a person stepping on a spider is unfair.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.