1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: 2nd Round - NPC Elimination

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 23, 2003.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Numbers wise, from the position of a mage, Edwin is hands down the best -- lots of spells. By the end of the game, when a mage should be doing nothing but spellcasting, he rocks. But until that point, he can't use many cool weapons, he can't wear any armor, even elven chain, and he can't use any sort of shield. He sucks! At least Imoen and Nalia, once they've run out of spells, can back you up nicely with a bow, and Jan (mathematically speaking) is better with his crossbows once he runs out of spells.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes, but people, keep in mind, it's a popularity contest. The in-game play is only one part of an equation you're using to make a selection.

Also, and this is important - I need one more person to vote please! The poll ends tomorrow, and right now Edwin and Imoen are TIED!!!!!

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Popularity wise, Edwin loses big time -- Imoen is a better person by far!

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] which is why it's 50/50 atm :lol:

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @ Sir Deparra

You realize that a popularity contest means people form their own opinions, right? You can't say that Edwin wins in a popularity contest just because you feel that way. I hope Edwin does win (he got my vote), and I also would have liked to see Jan win in the first round, but you also have to respect the opinions of others. Besides if he does win you can gloat, whereas if he loses you are setting yourself up to be mocked by others. (Stupid... monkey-brained... fools...)

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Edwin vs. Imoen - I chose Imoen. Yes, Edwin is better mage and he has more spells, but in my opinion Imoen has just better personality and I've always liked her.

Viconia vs. Aerie - This was the most difficult choice. But finally I chose Aerie, because I haven't played much with Viccy (and thus, I haven't finished romance with her). But now - five days later - I'd choose Viconia.

Keldorn vs. Sarevok - Sarevok. I don't have any specific reasons for this.

Jaheira vs. Minsc - Although Minsc is funny person and he has a giant space hamster, I chose Jaheira. She is interesting person and her romance is quite nice.

Do you know what's interesting? All 6 NPCs (Sarevok included) from BG1 are within 8 most popular NPCs (although this poll's result doesn't tell the truth)

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What would happen if there was a draw?
    Would both characters go on? or would none of them? That would make it hard (if not impossible) to pair up the next round. I think what should be done if it comes down to a draw is look at round one, who did better then? Thats the only way i can think of. The only problem with this is that Imoen would lose :( Oh well can't have everything in life

After 62 votes (just for people who are to lazy to read the results for them selves)
    Imoen and Edwin: neck and neck.
    Viconia and Aerie: Viconia's just winning
    Keldorn vs Sarevok: Sarevoks won unless something unnatural happens
    Jaheira vs Minsc: Minsc and his hamster have won for sure! :)

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I'll be ending the poll in a couple of hours. If it's still tied at that time, I'll get my wife to set up an account and pick her favorite names, but right now, that will be unnecessary, as none of them are tied.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.