1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Policing North Korea

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Rallymama, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I simply deny your claims that the US has given control of any of its nuclear weapons to the states you mention.

Now if you're claiming for example that Britain does have US nuclear weapons on it's soil, then I agree, but Britain does not have ownership nor control of them.

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    course it does, the US makes a healthy profit from illegal arms sales, its one of the US's major investments, ive seen some of these weapons close up, and i garentee you that the UK has control US peacekeeper missiles

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I never realised that Austrailia had nuclear weapons. I thought the only nuclear weapon possessers (sp) were; UK, USA, Russia, Japan, India and Pakistan.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That should be China not Japan on your list Sniper :)

5. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

And these other countries don't think North Korea is a threat?

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Oh, no, everybody thinks NK is a threat. Politics is complicated though.

I believe the situation is that NK wants to deal with the US directly and alone while the US wants to deal with NK as a mutilateral group including SK, Japan and China.

China doesn't want a flood of refugees from NK (they're already getting plenty) and is really the only "ally" NK has these days, so understandably doesn't want to push things.

Japan and SK are certainly very concerned, but they are also the most directly threatened by NK, so they need to tread lightly.

[ March 04, 2003, 05:36: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

BTA is exactly right.

North K. has some "prestige" to gain with the US, if they can be "recognized".

And they are correct. Which is why they have made it their goal. And to be honest, they're doing all the right things.

I've never even remotely said North Korea is stupid. But I do think that if they (as an entire nation, not just as a dictator and the respective government-led military) are pushed to a position of dissolvement, they will unleash with whatever they have left. Troops, missiles. All of it.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    uuhhh America spied on NK, and still goes screaming murder and rape because they scared them away??

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    No, they scream murder and rape because they were threatened in international airspace.

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"uuhhh America spied on NK, and still goes screaming murder and rape because they scared them away?? "

Yep!

And conspiracy. And missile tests. And "Better dead, than RED!®".And some other stuff, with which, I'm un-familiar. Crushing enemies and driving and lamentation, or something.

I'm still reading.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.