1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates Return OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by The Kilted Crusader, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sounds like it could be fun and interesting. I'm game.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Good idea, Rally. Go for it folks.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Oooh, coolness :)

4. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just so you know, from sunday I dont know when I'll be back. It could be a few hours it could be a week. I'll let KC know if its longer(so someone can take over me for a while if needs be). So i might not be able to post. Its because im moving out of the parents house and don't know when I get my new PC.

5. The Kilted Crusader

Would someone like to volunteer to play as Zheng's dancing partner for a bit? I've already taken control of two folk, so someone else has to do it, preferably someone without another character under their belt already.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I vote for Ara. :p ;)

7. Arabwel

Media:
    If the public so demands... then so be it.

8. The Kilted Crusader

That would be great, thanks Ara :thumb:

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Kilt-boy, you are just evil.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    That he is. :thumb:

11. The Kilted Crusader

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, Now I've finally read my way through the IC and the OoC it's about damn time I made a character.
    First a couple of questions, though. Will the Pale Horse be in Port Royal long enough to in some way implement my character from thereon? Or, will I have to wait until ya reaches some other port? Second, I would need a geographical location of Port Royal, if my character is to be implemented in the story from thereon.

Saimon Ydrassil (Former ?, depends on geographical location of my starting point, if it is to fit with the background of my character.)
    age ~17 (He doesn't know for sure, neither he or anyone else has ever really cared)

History
    Growing up, Saimon were always somewhat of a loner. His tall and skinny stature had brought many a wooping upon him throughout his childhood. That's how it were, growing up in the harsh milieu of a small town village.
    None of the other townsfolk wanted to associate themselves with this peculiar boy, and rumors went that he practice some sort of dark magic know as Christianity, or similar. Thus, needles to say that the town youth were always at his neck; the beat him on sight, - just for the amusement of it. The abomination they cruelly called him; never were he referred to as a person. That fact that he was actually a very fair boy, only made the flaming hatred grow ever the stronger.

Naturally, one can only take ever so much, and one day he had simply had it.
    He waited tis darkness fell, covering the world of shadows within shadows. Cloaked in the shades he silently slipped into the night. He hold his cutlas at firm grip (All he had inherited from a father whom he never knew). One by one he went into the houses of the people who had tormented for so long.
    As they lay there, silently, unaware, asleep, he wondered why he'd ever feared them so much? They were dust! Only dust! The sound of a blade silently sliding through the thick darkness, the smell of blood, the taste of blood! One by one he murdered all the townsfolk, cutting their throat in their sleep; not even his family was to be overlooked. With a grim smile he cut the last throat, that of his sister, packed a small bag and left the village, heading for (-?-)

He had always said "fortune favors those who suffer; hence through suffering you grow strong", and had always believed that there were a reason why he'd always been singled out; the gods had greater plans for him.
    He gave himself a new name: Saimon Yd'rassil('seeker of truth', had the voices told him).
    He travelled to (-?-) to find a ship, which would lead him to his destiny.

He had recently arrived in (-?-), and spent his days scouting the docks in search for the right vessel.
    He do not not where and when the right ship arrives, but when it does the voices will know...

Personality
    Exilled in his loneliness, and without any friends, besides those of his imagination, he had grown quite a bizarre personality. He has an obsession with keeping clean, and would always wear gloves, just in case he had to shake someone hand. He insists that he is a bard, despite the fact that he can neither sing nor play. Instead of tunes he swears by poetry.

Most girls would melt at the sound of his soft and crispy voice; he would probably had been quite the charmer, had the parents not told their children to keep away from that freak.

Words and poetry has always flown from his throat, like some otherworldly power placed them within it. He insisted that it were the voices who spoke through him.

He's a short-tempered lad, and basically he knows no fear. A tough life have learned him to keep his thoughts close, and to take a beating without showing the slightest expression on his face.
    He bears a great hatred that eats what good left in him from within

Saimon is also a very spontaneous person. He sometimes 'floats' away into his own dreamworld, and tends to get a absent expression in his eyes when doing so.

Appearance
    Saimon is 6'4", a very tall boy indeed. He's skinny and has a skin colour one can only describe as swarthy. He has a long brown hair, reaching down to just above the waist. he has grayish eyes with a taint of green, and a blue circle around the pupil, which makes him appears as if his always starring intensely.

He wears a west made of lamb wool, and brown knickers reaching about 2 inches above the ancles. he's barefooted, but have a pair of light leather boots for colder times.
    He always wears a pair of very thin and fine crafted leather gloves when in public.
    His cutlas looks somewhat like a Latin-roman Gladius, but without the the collerete, and a wee more pointy.

[ September 13, 2005, 17:54: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Welcome! I think I'll go edit the name of the guy who dragged Jacques away, to prevent any confusion between "Simon" and "Saimon". Sounds too much like a bad 80's American cop show...

7'1"?!?!?!?! Matty will be lucky if she can look him in the belly-button!

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :heh: that might be a good idea.

Thanks fer the warm welcome :)

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Okay, I'm at the stage where real life is taking over, and am finding it difficult to post for Avery as well, though I get the feeling that she's not going to be lasting too much longer.

Think someone else can pick up Avery?

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I'll manage her.

Bwahahahahaha......

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    (can I double-post here or not? Let's see...)

Note that the two NPC's I've created, Crazy Old Solomon and Leftenant Richard COrnwallis, are up for grabs to anyone who needs to use them as a plot device - just be consistent with what other folks have done.

Cornwallis - tall, handsome, debonair. A bit of a stiff neck when it comes to protocol and the hierarchy of nobility.

Solomon - a bit deaf, somewhat selectively. Not necessarily as crazy as he seems. Single-minded to a fault.

(whee, apparently I can! :roll: )

18. olimikrig

Media:
    Hmmm. I need someone to be outside to cathch my character as he slips over the wall. Might grab one of your NPC's, but would prefer if one of you guys/girls were up for it. I'll soon be needing an introducing to the party..

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Oli, I'm confused. If Saimon really wants to join Abbot's crew, he's going about it in a strange way. So far, you should be glad that I'm not playing the captain - an invitation would not be forthcoming. Ah well, Matty will meet him with as open a mind as ever she has. ;)

20. olimikrig

Media:
    His 'plan' is not exactly to join the crew, yet...
    In fact, he doesn't really know what he wants. As till now he has only concluded that he must get away from Port Royal. I know that if things had looked differently, if say there had been no Red Hands outside the mansion, Three Sword would most likely (if not definately) had killed him. The issue with Saimon is that he has don't have a normally functioning blocking mechanism saying 'if you push this guys buttons, you'll be sure he'll kill you'. He knows that this'll probably happen, but he can't control himself. As things look atm he'll do what'ere Abbot tells him to, seeing as he's the man of experience. Throughout this Red Hands attack I'll try to develop him a bit, so that he can get more in-tune with the rest of the crew...

Hope it helped understand the actions a bit more, if not I'll please do say so :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.