1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates Return OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by The Kilted Crusader, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's just that Alexa's been my baby, for want of a better term, and I'm very protective of her.

And this isn't just to you, it's to everyone involved in this RP.

Please ask people if it's okay to post for their character before you do. Also, double check to make sure that someone has said that they have something on there person before posting that as well.

Alexa, though she's a surgeon, was more worried about the upcomming battle instead of looking after people. She does not carry bandages around with her all the time. Her bandages and medicines are in her sachel, which is currently sitting in the surgery.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yup, am agreeing with Lai. We want to avoid floating paradoxes, don't we?

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hmmm, I WAS gonna post but I'd hate to intrude on this lovely little tete-a-tete...

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Someone, volunteer to be my post-person when I'm gone!

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I'm sorry I did such a bad job about it yesterday. :(

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Considering that the Pale Horse was probably a Merchant or Navy vessel before it was taken by pirates, there would probably be a first mates cabin - to be taken by quartermaster, since they are virtually first mate - and a cabin shared by Lieutenents - which would be taken by a surgeon, if there was one, due to them being greatly revered for their skills.

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Okay, Alexa is currently helping look after Three Swords, and I'd like it to take a while, seeing as it would take a while for all of the glass to be removed from his back.

I'm going to be away tomorrow, and won't be able to post until late.

Kilty, Ara, Rally... if it's necessary to move Alexa along for plot reasons, do so.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Is that better, Deathypoo? Now that I've dug Alistair in nice and deep, it's up to you to dig him out again. Have fun, dearie... :roll: ;) :D

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

If anybody needs to, they can take control of Bison to do any heavy lifting or such. I won't be around as often as I should be, so feel free. Just have him stoic and not talk much.

-EDIT-

Yeah, I'm gone for a few days. Anybody who wants to can take care of Bison.

[ August 06, 2005, 01:27: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Yay! Thank you Rally! Things to do!

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Is it too late to jump in? Deathmage pointed this thread out to me... Might be best if I wait until you guys make it to a port or something though....

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You were in the original Pirates! Of course you could play! [says me]

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Deathmage suggested I kept with the same theme as I had last time I pirated here, and as I still haven't grown out of ol' Meatloaf, I thought why not. So here we go :)

Jyke 'Meatloaf' Mangoni

Appearance:

An eldarly man, looking about 68 from all appearances. With a heavy limp on his left leg, he gives off the impression that his sea legs have seen far more days than they were designed for in the first place. The clothes he wears are of the finest cut that money could purcase, and for some reason, prehaps known only to those above, always seem to be kept neat and cleaned no matter how many months they have been at sea. On his right hip sits a fine rapier - a long owned prize from his first vouages at sea - which he carries with pride.

As he walks across the deck his legs give off the limpression that he will topple over dead where he stands. Whether it's from age or that his legs still haven't adjusted to the never-stopping rocking of the ship, Meatloaf sometimes seems to forget himself. His skin seems darkened from many years at sea, and his hair, long, white and heavily knotted always is tucked behind his ears, out of his eyes. His face seems to be a peice of living art work. Scars of all sort spread across it. If one took the time to look, they would soon work out that most of them seem to be from burns, although a few bare resembalnce to those who are trained well in the sword.

History:

Anyone who has deared to ask Meatloaf about his past before turning to the seas is very likely to get a pot or pan flying their way very quickly. But after an ale or two his tongue seems to loosen up and the secrets come spilling out. He tells the tale of how many decades ago his kitchen on the land burnt down, and without any more options, and fearing for his life he fleed to the sea. The rest of his tales speak of great adventures on the seas - battling other pirates, raiding ports, wrestling with sea serpents - although how many of them are true people seriously wonder. What people do know for sure though is that he has served aboard the great Pale Horse since it first set sail under 'Three Swords' all those years ago.

[ August 06, 2005, 13:00: Message edited by: Rotku ]

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Guys, GALLEY. The kitchen on a ship is called a galley. Rotku, what are you using as a heat source for your baking? ;) Welcome aboard, BTW. :wave:

And only Ricardo, Alexa and Three Swords have cabins, the rest of us have hammocks slung in the forecastle.

15. Rotku

What ever it's called, he calls it his kitchen :p

Heatsource though is a great point... I never thought about that. Time to go off and get my imagination working... I'm sure there must be a way!

16. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Welcome aboard, Rotku! :)

BTW - fire is usually usedas a heat source ;)

You do get stoves and ovens heated by coal fires.

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    ah'ight, we've had our weekend off so now it's time to get this party started!

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Okay. I've got a plan for this whole torture/interrogation scene, and I'd appreciate it if people don't get involved in it, i.e/ try to participate... cut of any limbs or anything, unless I ask them to.

It's going to stretch out over at least three posts, so yeah... please keep that in mind when posting. Also, this is taking place on the bridge, out of sight of the others, but I'm sure you'll be able to hear the screams.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Do you need some light musical accompaniment? ;)

Actually, Matty would find something to do elsewhere, unleses Three Swords commanded him to be there

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

:D If you think Matty has the stomach for it, sure thing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.