1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean II

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Oh yes, this is the case." Pierre said, nodding eagerly. "See now matey, I have this sword -" he pulled out his Hunter's sword. "- proof of my rank, see?"

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The soldier looked at the documents susiciously, which he couldn't read in the dark, then back at Pierre.
    "Y' shoulda come to the guard with this first. No firin' guns in the port. Don't do it again."
    With that the small squad turned and marched back to their guardhouse, in order to do nothing for the rest of the night.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    After the guards had left Percival turned to Pierre and Zillah. "I guess you're going to want to know what happened to me after I left yer ship. Want to discuss it over some grog?"

Pierre agrees, so the head over to the dockside tavern. After ordering drinks, they sit down and Percival spills the chant.

"After our final raid together, I set off to buy myself a nice rowdy tavern, loaded with booty. Unfortunately I got robbed by highwaymen. I had the damndest luck. So I had no choice but to get back into sailing. I spent a couple of years upon this fast cutter, acting as part of a privateer crew for the empire. It was a fair job, but not very entertaining. Towards the end, my reputaion caught up with me. I had to flee the ship, aided by the cabin boy, at that time. I was setting about getting us a new job when he up and disappeared on me. I thought him taken by a navy ship, and had to run. Eventually I managed to get a position on the Black Wind. Working my way up to First Mate. But as you can see, that job never panned out. I was broke, angry, and desperate. It was then that I ran into my cabin boy friend. I didnt recognise him at first due to the few years between, and together we hatched a plan to make some booty. It was then that you stumbled upon me."

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Aye, 'tis a common enow story 'round 'ere," Zillah interrupted roughly, easily falling back into her deception, "bu' don' ye think 'tis a wee mite daft fer us t' be sittin' 'ere quaffin' ale an' tradin' gossip while our new ship sits unguarded in th' 'arbor?"

She calmly met the startled looks the two men - who had seemingly forgotten that she was there - turned her way, and she focussed on Percival while finally answering Pierre's question. "Name's Matty, Matty Groves. Sailor an' musician."

[ July 07, 2004, 20:58: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

5. Takara

Media:
    " 'Tis a pleasure to meet you Matty. A fine tune, or sea shanty is a pleasant thing aboard ship, right enough. I'm sure we'll be glad to have you around."

Given the question of guarding the ship was brought up, Percival rises to his feet. "since I'm still officially on the crew, I'll guard the ship until ye arrive in the morn' I'll let nay anyone board her 'till then."

With that Percival McSween heads off back to the Black Wind.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Pierre stopped Percival briefly to confer about the level of supplies on the the ship, then he and Zillah left too. Fortunately the local merchants were more enamoured of profit than sleep and were quite willing to cater to the odd hours that many captains kept, so they were able to arrange for the remaining supplies to be delivered come the dawn.

Now there was only the small matter of the rest of the crew to deal with - four people, no matter how skilled, could never handle a ship the size of the Black Wind in the open seas...and the ship's articles, of course...and a new name, since the last thing that Pierre wanted to take from Marley was his reputation...and... His mind was reeling with such details when the reached the ship and headed below for a few hours' sleep.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    As Pierre descended the flights of stairs, he damned the amount of stairs he had to walk down. Zillah was behind him, walking quietly. Without turning around, Pierre told her to follow him, and he led her into his room and closed the door. He sat down on the chair and motioned for Zillah to sit on the bed.

"So - care to tell me your history in full? I like knowing about my crew's background. That is, of course, if you're still interested. And by the way, if you're afraid that I'd toss you overboard simply because you're female - well, I won't. I'm not that superstitious." he chuckled slightly. "Oh, and if you want, I'll give you a cabin of your own."

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "I appreciate the offer, but it's likely not necessary. I've never yet been on a ship where the crew tolerates any harrassment of the fiddler, no matter how easy a target he seems to be." She was obviously aware of how to deal with the limitations of her small size. She handed the still-loaded pistol back to Pierre. "Thanks too for this, but I don't think I'll be needing it."

Zillah took a deep breath before continuing. "My name is Zillah, and my family name is of no importance since I no longer have a family. When my mother died my father sold the house and took me to sea. It was a great game for us, pretending that I was a boy. We hired out wherever he could get a berth, which took us far and wide. That's how I learned my music - so many beautiful sounds, from so many wonderful places..." She was lost in a pleasant memory for a moment. "Anyway, that all came to an end when pirates took our ship. Some of the crew joined with them but the rest were made to dance in the rigging while the ship went down, my father among them. I played dead until they left. I got to talk to Papa before he finally died, and he told me of a legacy he had left for me. It was a right puzzle to muddle out his first clue but I finally reached the first piece, my flute. I think I know where the second piece can be found, but the hard part has been finding my way there. I've been trying to get a berth on the right ship for months now."

[ July 07, 2004, 20:56: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre took the gun and twirled it before putting it on the desk.
    "That's interesting." he said slowly. "Very interesting. Regardless, you're now a member of my ship." he extended his hand, and Zillah shook it. "Welcome abord the Black Wind, miss Zillah. I'm sure the crew would love your music. Say - would you happen to know of any other capable sailors around here?"

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Mermaid's Rest was full of 'em," she replied. "In the morning I can help you choose the good from the bad. Also, that other man you were talking to - said his name was Louen? Well, he came in with Jasparre le Beau. I can't place why that name is significant, but I know he's important. And I heard someone in the tavern call him 'captain.' You may not want to leave them behind."

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre nodded. "I'll think about it. Alright - you should go get some rest. Thanks for helping me take the ship. Feel free to take one of the rooms if you want, although I'd wager Percival wouldn't touch you."

Zillah stood up to leave, and Pierre suddenly remember something. "Oh, and something else - I secured ten percent of the loot for you, ask Percival about it tomorrow. Goodnight."

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    The next morning, Zillah carefully stashed the gems in a hidden compartment of her instrument case while Pierre and Percival oversaw the delivery of the remaining supplies. Even with her new wealth, she paid for her breakfast from the small stash of coins she had earned in the tavern. No point in getting used to spending money, or I won't have it for long.

They set out to find a crew without looking at the previous night's bodies, which had arrived on the shore. Fortunately, no one else seemed to care about them, either.

13. Takara

Media:
    After getting the ship ready to weigh anchor, Percival went to meet with Romano, the local forger. After paying a small fee, he managed to have the ship's documents altered so that they now showed Captain LeVarde to be the proud owner of the Black Wind.

With these documents in hand, Percival then proceeded into port to gather a few good crewman. He had heard Matty mention a man named Louen in the Mermaid's rest, and a man named Jasparre le Beau.

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Meanwhile, Pierre was sitting in his cabin, making sure all his weapons are optimized for combat. He brought two more extra firearms last night, and he has just checked off the equipment the shop sent in. He was glad to see Percival brought a bunch of long-ranged firearms, which will surely become useful later in his pirating career.

After checking, he took Zillah and went to the destined meeting place with William. Previously, he has told Percival to meet them after the crew he find are settled on the Black Wind.

15. Takara

Media:
    Percival strode into the Mermaid's rest, early on that morning. He looked about the place as people were rising. Spotting Louen, and his servant Gabriel, he wandered over to talk to them.

"I've heard you're a fair hand at sailing." Percival said.

"Yes, I am. I'm also a bit short of a position at the moment. My last job didnt go quite as planned."

"well, my captain is looking for some experienced crewman, for a risky venture. Ye be interested?"

"Is this the man I was speaking to last night? Yes, that does sound intriguing. I bumped into another fellow last night, Jasparre le Beau, who you might also find useful."

"do you know where he be?"

"of course. I'll get him, and meet you outside in 15 minutes."

Whilst waiting for Louen, Percival also put up recruiting posts in the central square advertising for experienced sailors.

A short while later, Percival looked over the new men. Satisfied they were accomplished sailors, he led them back to the Black Wind, and made sure they got berthed alright.

During the course of the day, many sailors stopped by the Black Wind, and Percival put together a fine and experienced crew.

16. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

As the intense heat continued its onslaught on the haven of cutthroats and brigands, a dark haired gentlemen strode through the throng of merchants, peasents, aristocrats and whores. Eyes seemed to be drawn to this unique figure, with his tanned olive skin and short messy hair and donning a large dark brown leather overcoat. It wasn't immense size or a grotesque affiliction that gained attention for he had neither, but his outlandish appearence. Indeed, he carried no firearems that could be seen and only held a single sword unlike that which any had known. As he passed through the Central square, he could not help but smirk at the presence of posters from his old friend and mentor. He remembered the day when he first saw the very same thing in his own town. His last words to his father were less than suitable for the occasion and as a young boy he recalled how scared he was...closing his eyes he could hear the words ringing in his ears...

Pa, a' don wanna go on da ship
    ..... I hate you

That was the last time he had seen him.

"Curse my soul" he whispered under his breath.

As he continued on through the humid alleyways toward the docks the stench of sewers and overwhelming noise of sailors' song brought even more memories flooding back. He was only 14 when he last saw Percival but the previous days meetings with the old man, old in his eyes anyway, were just how he remembered him. Another smile crept on his face which brought him quickly back to reality and the awareness he was fast approaching his target, The Black Wind.

17. Takara

Media:
    Standing aboard the deck, settling the new hands aboard ship, Percival noticed a black clad man approaching the ship. Upon seeing who it was a broad smile cracked his haggared face and brought a bellow of laughter from his throat.

"Eldon ye scurvy swine! There ye be. I was wondering when ye might be along. I've talked to the Cap'n and he'd be happy for ye to be a part of this here crew. Also, I have yer share from the little robbery last night in my lockbox downstairs. How do ye fancy the pirating life once more?"

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31

The old sea dog still knows how to give an over the top welcome. Even when were supposed to not draw attention... Eldon thought... typical

Still, he would not chastise, for we had made a pretty penny the night past, and he still did not have the nerve to speak against his old friend, the man who had taught him everything he knew about sailing. An unstoppable smile grudgingly swept across his face again showing a full set of teeth bar one silvery one made from platinum.

"I hope you were not plannin on takin off with me share booty now were ye?" Eldon whispered jokingly with an added wink.

"Whats our destination?" said Eldon rather coldly, showing his attitude to the high seas was somewhat changed in the 6 years they had been apart. His first few weeks on the Imperial ship was one of pure agony, but over time he became accustomed to the life and eventually loved it. He could see the concern in his old friends eyes.

19. Takara

Media:
    "Me? take off with yer share? never!" The old seaman chuckles with the sarcastic reply. "Ye dont seem quite so cheerful today lad, worried about hitting the open water once more?"

Percival didnt want to press his old friend, because he didnt know the trials he must have faced. "As fer our destination, I'm not rightly sure. The cap'n is off meeting a gent who has hired us fer some mission or other. As I understand it, it'll involve some kind of board and capture, though I'll leave the specifics to the cap'n."

Still a little troubled by his friends expression, he showed him to the bunk room. "If ye want to talk about anything, I'll be glad to share a few thoughts over some rum, if ye want."

With that, Percival went back up on deck to oversee the remainder of the preperations.

[ July 06, 2004, 18:31: Message edited by: Takara ]

20. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Eldon, exhausted from the work he and Percival had done, lay down in his bunk curiously watching a young man not much older than he was when he boarded his first ship. The memories were stronger now. The lad was strapping boots to an iron bar hanging above the bunks, presumably to keep them away from water.

"Ye be doin a good job lad" Eldon murrmered to himself as he drifted slowly into his memories and his dreams.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.