1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean II

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    As the redhead rushed to the rail, the brown-haired man behind him locked eyes silently with Pierre. He was tall and burly enough to block the view of those on the stairs behind him. Zillah took careful aim with her blowgun. A quick puff...a sharp cry...another splash. Good - no one would be the wiser that the second man was also assisted in taking his nocturnal swim. She quickly loaded another dart.

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Dammit, fighting so early?!" Pierre cried out, drawing his blunderbuss and spraying a shot at the three as they turned around to inspect the noise. The bullet hit two of them. One brown haired fellow died instantly, the black one took a shot in the shoulder, and Pierre is now, rather screwed.

He threw the blunderbuss to the other brown haired fellow who is now running at him screaming with a cutlass. The blunderbuss missed and flew to the other end of the floor. Pierre evaded the first few blows, and then he found an oppertunity to draw his Hunter's sword, which he did. He slashed at the man in a two handed swipe, and at the same time, pulled the trigger. The bullet caused him to topple back and fall.

He turned around to see the big black guy trying to attack Zillah with a hatchet...

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Dammit, he was fast - for a big man, he had closed the distance much too quickly for her to use her darts. She dropped the pipe and scooped up the shortsword, slashing at his legs then thrusting upwards wildly as she rolled away and scrambled to her feet. The blade contacted something and she desperately hoped it was her foe. A limp would go a long way to minimizing his physical advantage over her.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre was surprised that the black man was so speedy, something he really did not anticipate. Pierre drew his gun and ran towards the man, firing a shot which hit him on the back. He wobbled slightly, but nothing else seemed to happen.

"Dammit!" Pierre cried out loud. He was all out of firearms: the blunderbuss he used, he gave a gun to Zillah, he just used another one, and he shot the fellow back there with the Hunter's sword. He held up his sword again and ran towards the man, slicing him on the way past, and now turning so he was beside Zillah.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    The man was big enough that neither Zillah nor Pierre could get a clear flank shot on him. Also, he spun the hatchet that Zillah would have needed both arms to wield in one hand with an easy, menacing grace.

Demonstrating more of that startling quickness, he threw the hatchet so that it buried itself in the mast with a loud thunk. Before either of the raiders could react, he had reached out and grabbed them, Zillah by the shirt and Pierre by his overcoat. In a second their feet didn't touch the deck.

"Who be ye an' wha' be ye doin' har? Tell me quick an' make it good, afore the cap'n stops poundin' 'is doxie and hears us."

6. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    It was at this point that Percival McSween walked out of his cabin. He was a haggered old man, in his late 30s. He had a nasty scar on the right side of his face that split his right eye. Topped with shaggy blonde hair, he looked the right pirate.

Angered that he'd been woken from his rest, he looked about the deck. To his surprise he saw Black tooth standing with two intruders gripped in his hands.

Intrigued, he decided to saunter over toward the fight. Upon getting closer he realised that he recognised one of them.

"Cap'n Pierre LeVarde!" he exclaimed. The shock at seeing his old captain stopped him dead in his tracks. At this sound, Black tooth turned around, his captives suddenly forgotten.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre heard a rather familiar voice, but instead of thinking about it he drew a dagger and stabbed Black tooth in the throat quickly. The giant staggered and loosened his grip, and Pierre and Zillah fell into a neat pile.

"Well, if it isn't Percival McSween!" Pierre exclaimed as he was getting up. "So you're the First Mate!" he brushed some dust off his shirt idly. "Well, I was going to steal your fine ship here, killing the crew and the captain...but now, I have no idea. What says you?"

[ July 06, 2004, 10:11: Message edited by: Deathmage ]

8. Takara

Media:
    "well well well, Planning on ripping my captain off, aye? I must say you have a strange sense of timing" Percival helped his former captain to his feet.

He then turns and gives a long look at Zillah. "young fella ye have with ye. I must say yer looking a little more worn than last we met."

With a great sigh Percival turns and looks over the rail of the ship. Casting his eyes downward he vents some building frustration.

"I've hit some hard times since we parted. Last of all was joining this blighted crew. Sure I made first mate, but Captain Marley is the worst pirate I've ever seen. He couldnt find booty if ye waved a goldship under his nose! The bilgeswigger just took on a consignment of gems and isnt even going to cut us in on it."

With that statement he surveyed the docks. "I'd planned on robbing that idiot tonight, but yer arrival has changed things somewhat. If it wont be to much trouble to ye, I'd sure like to be back on yer crew. Being Quarter master for ye were the best pirating time I've had."

[ July 06, 2004, 10:41: Message edited by: Takara ]

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Well, it certainly is good to see you again..." Pierre said as he picked up his blunderbuss and loaded it with his ramrod. After that was done, he loaded his flintlock too. "I'll talk to you in depth later, eh. So where's the captain? He deaf or something?"

10. Takara

Media:
    "nah, I drugged him, heh. Didnt want him waking up while I was breaking into his strong box."

Percival looks about, "I tell ye what, ye can have the ship, i'll even cut ye in on the booty. But I'd sure like to sail with ye again. And a friend of mine should be meeting me shortly. Any chance he can join too?"

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Course you can join me." Pierre said. "I've been looking forward to sailing again." He checked his firearms one last time before he was content and put them back where it was. "Lead me to the Captain's room."

As the two of them walked, Pierre asked "Who's this friend of yours?"

12. Takara

Media:
    The two of them entered the captains cabin, leaving Zillah to watch the deck. Slowly they creeped across to the captain.

Checking he was sleeping Pierre shot him . "wont wake up now" he muttered with a chuckle.

Percival nodded with a grim smile, happy to be pirating again. They moved over to the strong box, and forced the lid off with a crowbar. Inside was a hefty pouch full of precious stones.

"I told ye, it'd be a good take" Said Percival.

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Very nice." Pierre nodded, weighing the pouch. "I want twenty five percent. Give ten percent to my friend. The rest you can have. I'll trust you to share it...Quartermaster."
    Percival beamed, and answered "Aye, cap'n!"

And with that, Pierre lifted the captain's corpse up and threw him on the deck, much to Zillah's disapproval. After searching his pockets throughly, he dumped him overboard.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Wot's that bloody racket? Them should know t' keep their guns out of the bloody docks by now..."
    The soldier of the Marespadan Empire stood up slowly from his seat and walked to the rack, collecting his pre-loaded musket. Three other guardsmen - the only others which were assigned to this station, did likewise and headed out to challenge the idiot firing minature cannons on their watch.

15. Takara

Media:
    Percival McSween goes out on deck and walks up to Captain LeVarde. "I've checked all the stocks, and this ship's ready to sail. Say what you like about that bilgeswigger Marley, he ran a tight ship"

At that moment, Percival looks along the dock and notices guardsman on their way.

"Er, Cap'n, looks like we've got company coming"

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre nodded, and kept his eyes fixed on the approaching figures as he spoke. "Good to hear. We're not sailing yet, I have to meet a client tomorrow. Now, I'll go calm those buggers. You stay here and watch."

He strode over to the end of the ship, and stood, making sure his captain overcoat is visible.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The squad came jogging up to the ship.

"Hey! Hey you! What's goin' on up there? Whatcha shootin' for, y' blimey bastard? No one's t' fire a weapon in the harbour!"

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre turned back and whispered to the two to start fighting when he says 'fight', and then climbed down the rope ladders with them following.

"Ey there mates. I'm a Captain, as you can notice -" he revealed his Hunter's sword. "We received word that MY ship here was taken by pirates, so we came to kill pirates and such." he said, greeting the squad with friendly pats on the back. "These are my assisstants."

(ooc: Hunter's sword = his pistol/sword)

[ July 06, 2004, 12:06: Message edited by: Deathmage ]

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Y' got any proof or permit fer this, capt'n?"

20. Takara

Media:
    "Aye, we have proof" Percival says. At this point he pulls out some documents he appropriated from the captains cabin.

Handing the ownership deed to Pierre, he says to the guards: "We bought this ship off her previous owner, Cap'n Marley, and stumbled on some pirates trying to loot our vessel."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.