1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean - A dawn at sea

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lokken, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Ariel cleaved the ocean waves, steadily traversing the sea. The bloodred dawn in the east smiled at the ship and blew a cold strong wind into the sails. The sky was clear and the remnant dew from the previous night's rain was slowly dissolving in the rays of the sun.

Tanya suddenly jerked and stared at the two tiny piles of incense ash, she had dozed off last night.
    Mmm... a strong cup of hot coffee would work the most amazing wonders now.

Putting a hand on her knee, she pulled herself up and stretched out. Her hair looked a slight mess and her back ached a bit from the uncomfortable floor upon which she had slept.
    Yawning she made her way out the door, closing it behind her and roamed towards the kitchen, hoping Meatloaf would prove to be a real savior.

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Mister Fabian was already on deck when Tanya emerged from the galley. He was as perfectly groomed as usual, and even the stiff wind didn't muss his hair. He turned to her and raised his own mug of dark, steaming brew.

"'Red sky at morning, sailors take warning,'" he quoted as she approached. "We'll have to keep a close eye on the weather today, Ma'am, unless I miss my guess."

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanya falls down into a seat next to Fabian, looking around for Meatloaf, but decides it's too much bother and just calls down the galley in her commanding voice. "MEATLOAF! COFFEE, NOW!"

She nodded at Fabian, and got a mug of coffee within her hand as Meatloaf scuffled around the kitchen (I hope :) ).
    "One storm, two storms.. I've ridden more, but I suppose you're right. I'll have Georgio keep a lookout, he got eyes like a hawk," she mumbled.
    Closing her eyes, she leaned in over the coffee and sniffed the lovely aroma of her addiction, then sipped the black drink gently and put the mug down.
    She ran her fingers through her long hair, trying to get it in more order and looked at Fabian, growling.
    "You know, I don't much like you and you're annoyingly early up and orderly in appearance. It doesn't make sense, I should like you."
    She smiled vaguely and took another sip of her coffee.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    “Affection isn’t required for us to work well together, Ma’am,” he replies, taking a sip from his mug. “Perhaps it will come in time, perhaps not. Rest assured that I fully understand the lines of command upon a ship, and that I have no intention of crossing them.” He sets his mug down on the table and fixes her with a cold eye. “But you do need to realize that this voyage has been given a Steward for a reason, even if you don’t yet realize what that reason may be. To neglect the contribution I can make to this mission would be foolhardy, indeed.”

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"I'm not neglecting anything. You're an asset, Steward. Don't make the mistake not realizing it. When you do, you might evolve into something more... self-aware. Seems rather dull just to follows orders for the "greater good" unless there's some goodies for ya."
    She smiles at Fabian.
    "As long as I get my share of the treasure, I guess I couldn't less for your reasons if they don't interfere in my plans. I have to say that's my prime concern since it's easier to include things you know in planning than those you do not."

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Mister Fabian pauses and glances around the galley, muttering something under his breath and making a small gesture with one finger. When he finishes, he turns back to Tanya.

"We can speak frankly now, Ma'am. The others will hear nothing of consequence, should they try to eavesdrop.

"I expect that we're heading into the most difficult naval encounter ever to happen outside of war. The treasure of Ruthbarb includes something of great interest to my Order. I have been sent to ensure its return. Failure to do so is not an option, particularly if we're going up against the Royal Navy. If this item falls into their hands, it could mean the end not only of the Stewards, but of piracy itself."

He lets this sink in, then grins. "I'd ask that this portion be excluded when dividing up the treasure. Although it's useful only to a Steward, it holds dire implications for us all. And of course, I'd hate to go home from this little trip empty-handed."

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Dante wandered into the galley to find Tanya and Mr Fabian conversing about something. Strange that Mr fabian still looks as neat and tidy as ever he thought as he poured himself a cup of coffee, and added just a little rum. Still he thought He is a strange man and sat down to join them.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Mister Fabian looks quizzically at Tanya, to see if he should break the wards and let Dante join their conversation.

9. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

At that moment a figure slides down the mast, feet touching the deck noiselessly as she finishes her descent. Nimue as usual is a contradictory site as she pads towards the enormous pot of coffee and pours herself a substantial cup. She doesn't look in any way sleepy; she is as alert as ever, but something about her face communicates the fact that she does NOT like being awake so early one fine morning at sea.

Dante involuntarily steps back, as Nimue blocks his way to Fabian and Tanya on her way to the coffee. "You probably don't want to disturb them, she snarls, with uncharacteristically blunt hostility. "This is obviously an important conversation. Let me give you a piece of advice that will be good for life - see that shimmer in the air?"

Dante gulps and nods vigorously.

"Great. That, my boy, is what they call a ward; it's meant to keep you out, in this case. Other times it's meant to keep people in. Now, if you tried to cross this ward, you'd probably bounce off thin air. On the other hand, another ward would not be interested in keeping you alive. Odds are you'd be incinerated," she snorts.

And after this pronouncement, issued in a perfectly bland tone, Nimue and her cup of coffee are surrounded by a shining dome of purple light; she steps through the wards, apparently unharmed, and sits gracefully beside Fabian without bothering to greet either him or Tanya.

10. The Kilted Crusader

"I do not take so kindly to your tone." Dante said, his voice as cold as steel, "But as we should all be friends on board I'll take it as a polite warning, but don't let it happen again. Next time, I may not take your words so kindly." he dared to step into the ward, but decided against it. There were other less pointless ways of testing his mettle.

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Nimue's head snaps around and her eyes narrow. She barely seems to move, but a dagger appears and flies through the air, slowing only a little as it passes through the ward. It embeds itself in the wood behind Dante with a loud THUNK, missing his eye by inches. Through the ward Dante can hear her say, quite clearly, "Excuse me. Next time I promise not to try to save your life, because this information just may one day. I did not threaten you, but I warn you, I do not take too kindly to intimidation either."

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Mister Fabian dropped the ward with a wave of his hand. His words were for Dante but his hard stare and severe tone were for Nimue alone.

"You'll have to pardon my Apprentice," he said. "Her homicidal tendencies are particularly acute at this hour, given lack of both sleep and caffiene. But as you say, this is a small ship and we should endeavour to get along. Please sit down."

[ October 15, 2003, 20:40: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Nimue replies coldly, "As I said, I won't try to save his fool life again. It would be just like you to erect the nastier sort of ward, forgetting we're on a ship with crew members.

14. The Kilted Crusader

"perhaps we'll see who's the fool in the near future, Apprentice ." Date said, sitting down.

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    (ooc - post #1600! whee! :roll: )

Fervently hoping that breakfast would be ready soon so they could have something to do with their mouths other than shoot barbs at each other, Mister Fabian turns back to Tanya.

"You were saying about the mission, Ma'am?"

16. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Under her breath Nimue mutters, "You'll see more than you like, sailor. And I won't even be responsible."

Her face impassive, she turns to Fabian, "I take it you've told Tanya about what we're likely to face."

17. The Kilted Crusader

"I wouldn't mind hearing what we're up against myself" Dante said, unconsciously fingering the hilt of his sabre. "And I wouldn't mind knowing when breakfast is set!"

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

"What we're up against?" Nimue laughs softly. "The greatest pirate of all ages. And the greatest Steward of all ages. The greatest treasure of all ages will not be unguarded. Specifics aren't really known, but certainly there will be physical dangers, and magical ones. The reward will be worth it, but consider also that Ruthbarb's treasure was hidden for more than one reason; dangerous secrets are concealed on Sorrow's Rock."

19. The Kilted Crusader

"So I take it you'll walk ahead and set off any traps while we follow, yes?" Dante said with more than a little sarcasm.

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

"I, and the Order of Stewards in general, have no interest in seeing any of the Ariel's crew come to harm," Nimue states cooly. "If you knew anything about Stewards you know that the purpose of their order is to safeguard Pirates. No important Pirate venture has ever been successful without a Steward on board. You don't have to like us, but it would certainly help you to trust us. Despite individual likes and dislikes," here her tone has grown entirely frosty, "the safety of the ship and its crew is our primary concern. You need not fear that we will double-cross you. It's not in our interest, and more importantly, it's not in our purpose."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.