1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

So this was the Violet Marauder? Lark had made it. The plan had worked, and he was a 'recruit' of the small pirating ship. It was not what he had expected, but that made no difference. His first task was to find the man. What was his name? Rian, Ron.....Reeves! He had to find Reeves. Where to begin, Lark did not know, but he had to find this man.
    The attack on the Marauder had worked many ways, and now, as a result, Lark was successfully aboard. He needed to carry out the rest of his orders. Find Reeves. Watch Reeves. Help, Reeves.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sol sat in a corner below deck, praying no-one would walk downstairs and see the tears that flowed down his cheeks to drip onto the wooden floor. For some moment's he sat there, weeping and praying before he forced himself to his feet. He rubbed at his eyes and, realising they would be red rimmed and bleary, he washed his face in a basin.

Taking it step by step, Sol reluctantly mounted the stairs. On deck, it was all too quiet, men going at their work silently. Slowly, Sol walked over to the corpse of Turk. His leg's felt leaden, and he shuffled as he walked.

Turk was a big man, but Sol gathered all his strength and slipped his arms beneath him to carry him below. Laying him down on a table, Sol felt tears mount again, but he set about his work to prepare Turk for his funeral.

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alexa looked horrified as she listend to Arvin's story. To lose the woman he loved to something so mindless was unthinkable. She looked up as she heard Arvin's last words, his oath. Alexa placed her hand on the hilt of her dagger, but didn't let Arvin release it.

Meeting his eyes, she spoke softly. "And I swear to you that I shall aid you in whatever way I can so you may gain your own revenge. An act like that should never go unpunnished." She bowed her head slightly and took her dagger back.

As she sheathed it, she realized that Arvin had overexerted himself again. Alexa grimaced and lead him over to the table and forced him to lie down.

"Enough of this. You need to rest, captain. Do you think the crew's morale will be any better if you collapse in front of them because you're still hurt?"

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Letting Alexa reseat him on the bench, he leant back. Aye, he needed his rest. The stitchings had torn once already, and he didnt fancy testing them again.

As he lowered his head back, his mind whirled. So much had happened in the last few minutes. Turk's death weighed heavily on his mind. His longest friend... dead. He could scarecly believe it.

On top of that, Alexa's story touched him. He had been brutal before, and he was sure his name was not a fond one in many places, but he'd always used it only when necessary to achieve his goals. NEVER for pleasure. The idea... made him feel... soiled... as a pirate.

Lastly... he felt giddy for talking about his pain. He'd never gone into it with anyone. Not even Turk, to that extent. He didnt know why, but somehow, he felt more at peace for it.

As he closed his eyes, if but for a few hours, he thought on what he would say to the crew.

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa went to her worktables, intending to make some more explosives. She frowned as a wave of nausea and dizziness overcame her. Shaking her head slightly, she walked over to Arvin, making sure he was alright.

As she approached him, the nausea and dizziness and fatigue overwhelmed her and she collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

6. Takara

Media:
    Opening his eyes, Arvin was confused. He had only rested a short while... why had he awakened? Something must have disturbed him. Leening back, he looked around the room. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, he was about to go back to sleep, when he noticed some broken glass on the floor. He leant up, planning to speak with Alexa about it, and saw her lying on the ground near him.

Swinging his legs off the table, he bit back a cry of pain. The stitchings were playing havoc, but he'd suffered before, and would do so again. Hopping down to the deck, he crouched down beside Alexa.

Turning her over, he lifted her head off the floor. Looking at her, he could see she was alive, just seemed to have passed out. With mounting concern... coming from somwhere inside him, he gently gathered her up, and placed her gently on the table he had dropped off. Quickly moving to the basin, he found the pail, that contained drinking water, and filled a wooden mug that was lying inside it. Taking it over to Alexa, he picked up a cleanish rag, and wet it inside the mug.

Standing beside her, he slowly used the rag to clean off some of the blood and grime, her fall had coated on her.

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Waking up slowly, Alexa was confused as to why she was lying down on a table. Someone was standing nearby, dabbing apparently cleaning off some of the grime. Her mind transported her back to her capture, the feeling of someone looking after her, just to take advantage of her again. She tried to struggle, then realized that she wasn't bound, and that her 'captor' wasn't doing anything to prevent her.

She opened her eyes and looked around blearily. Arvin was standing nearby, holding a cloth in his hand. Apparently he had been the one looking after her. She smiled faintly.

"It seems our roles have reversed, captain." She pushed herself into a sitting position, wincing as the nausea came back with a vengance. She looked around, noticing the broken glass.

"I collapsed, did I not?"

8. Takara

Media:
    "I be afraid so. I awoke, to find ye collapsed on the floor. I be seein' this before... with Liza. Rest easy.. The nausea will pass."

Giving her a clean mug of water, he held her head up, as she drank.

"All the effort ye be goin' to, looking after me, dealing with Jean. Yer body cannot take it. Just rest easy. I'll have to be getting changed. I be needin' to preside over... Turk's funeral. He be deservin' a fond farewell, and there are some matters to attend to. The role of Master be needin' to be filled."

Letting her rest back, he tried to keep the look of concern from his face. Showing emotion, and caring for someone, was something that didnt come easily to him.

Walking over to the door, he saw that Sol had brought some colthes down, and was yet again thanful, for all his work. Slowly dressing, he finished buttoning his jacket. Turning to look at Alexa, he went to say goodbye.

"Thank ye, fer lookin' after me, and fer... talking." Resting his hand on her arm, he continued, "We'll get our revenge, and be free of our pain. Fer now, I'll make a reason fer yer absence. Best ye be restin' fer now."

With that he left the room, and went looking for Sol.

Coming accross him, he saw that he had finished preparing Turks body.

"Sol, please assemble the men, if they not be already. I have some words fer the crew, and yer'll be interested in them, to be sure."

9. The Kilted Crusader

Sol nodded to the captain and instantly turned away to stifle a yawn. When he turned back, the captain was moving away. Sol moved back to where he had left Turk. "One last journey, old man." he said as he hefted Turk again. If anything, the burden was heavier than before.

It had been hard on him to prepare Turk for his funeral, much harder than most of the people he had had to prepare.

On deck, Sol laid down the old Master. His voice boomed out across the Marauder "Crewmen! All gather round the main deck!" Lastly, he turned and awaited Arvin.

10. Takara

Media:
    Watching the men assemble from the helm, he waited for them all to be present. Then, holding back the pain, he slowly walked down the steps to the deck. The crew slowly parted, allowing him to reach the centre where Turk lay.

Resting a hand on Sol's shoulder, he gave it a squeeze, and whispered a word of thanks. Bending down, he rested his hand on the dead man, and whispered his own, private farewells. Ones that fought to bring tears to his eyes. So many years, so many memories.

Straightening up, he turned to address the crew.

"Please forgive Alexa's absence, fer she be workin' on a special surprise fer Pete. One that cant be interupted, and I be knowin' that she be sendin' her farewells to this... fine man.

We be gathered here, to be sayin' goodbye to one of our best. Turk has sailed with me fer longer than any of ye. To those that be new, he may have seemed distant, but ye all know how he fought, and ye all be knowin' the respect, that he has from those of us that be old. Never in his time, did he shirk from his duty. To ye, and to me. The last to leave his post, and the first into battle, he brought strength, and dignity to our fair vessel.

His loss, leaves a gaping hole in our ranks. One, that no man can fill. In our times together, we be takin' many a haul. There be vessels up and down the carribean, that fear our name, and vessels that remember Turk, cutting through their crew.

His last days were troubled, Aye, but they be fueled by devotion to us, and to our ship. And he will live on amongst our memories, mine most of all.

My last duty be to commit his body to the deep. The last resting place of many a pirate, and to hope that his spirit sails the seas of the afterlife. May he take galleons loaded with booty, and find rest. Go in peace... me trusted friend."

With those words, he gestured for Sol, and Diego, to gently lower Turk's body over the side, and send him on his final voyage.

Turning back to the assembled men, he continued.

"I be tellin' ye that no man can fill his post, but that post still be needin' a man in it. From amongst ye, there needs to be a man of courage, there needs to be a man of action. There needs to be a man who can put himself in harms way fer his crew. From amongst ye, there be one, who has gone without rest fer days, and worked longer than any other. From amongst ye, there be one who's first, and last thought, be yerselves. That man... be Sol here. He be first, and last choice, fer the role of Master now. It be yer call, but I know ye be feelin' the same."

Turning to Sol, he remarked, "I know this not be the way ye wanted the role... but will ye take it?"

11. The Kilted Crusader

Sol felt on the verge of tears again as he let go of Turk's body. He was barely listening to the captain as he spoke, battling with his own thoughts. Once the captain addressed Sol, his word's came flooding back, but it took Sol a moment for it to register.

It felt like someone else was controlling his body as Sol managed to speak. "Yes, Captain. I will take the place of Master." The word's seemed dull and empty, but he accepted the place whole heartedly. Sol dropped his eyes, still thinking of Turk, and now of his new responsibilities. Responsibilities he was not sure he wanted.

Life before had been very care free, but now he was attached to the ship and crew more fully than any before, and he was unsure how to handle it. He wasn't even sure if it was he who was supposed to send the men back to work or the Captain. Deciding to take his new place positively, he called out. "Return to your work. There will be a time to think more on Turk and his deeds once we catch those bastards!" pointing to the ship on the horizon.

12. Takara

Media:
    As the men departed, back to their areas, Arvin faced Sol.

"I be knowin' the worry ye can be havin' I remember the day I made Master. I was terrified I'd be useless at it. But trust yer instincts. What ye been doin'... that be 'right' fer the role. You be keepin' at it, and Master will be fittin' ye just right."

Resting his hand on the man's shoulder. He looked him in the eyes. "The past few days have really shown yer abilities, and ye be havin my confidence, dont worry 'bout letting us down. I know ye wont. Now get some sleep. We be closin' on Pete, and yer'll need yer strength. Me... I be needing' me side looked at. It still aches. The men will be fine. Trust me."

Turning about, he walked back down below, making sure that he showed no signs of injury, and trying not to hiss in pain.

Reaching the door to the infirmary, he hesitated, not wanting to disturb Alexa, if she was resting.

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

After Arvin left, Alexa sat on the table, feeling ill. She wasn't going to be able to rest after all of the excitement of the day. The memories that she had fought back were rising and she couldn't stop them.

Closing her eyes, she saw the room where she and the other women had been kept. It stank of fear and blood. She remembered being chained to something, the wall most likely.

And she remembered pain. Overwhelming pain that would continue for hours, then stop. She let a sob escape as she relived the worst days of her life. The days when she lost the few friends she had in Freetown and ended up pregnant.

She could still hear his voice in her head, the touch of accent, silky and dangerous. Her stomach turned as she remembered how his voice would purr his nickname for her, Little Flame.

Feeling the memories overwhelm her, she curled up on the table and let her grief take over.

14. Takara

Media:
    Standing before the door to the infirmary... he was torn. He knew she needed rest, but at the same time... what she had told him... he wanted to make sure she was ok. Making up his mind, he gently knocked on the door, and opening it, walked inside.

Looking about, he saw Alexa curled up, on her bed. He was about to leave, and let her rest, when he heard her sobs. Feeling a wrenching inside him, he couldnt stand by and see her in pain. Not wanting to intrude, but wanting to help, he cleared his throat, so as not to surprise her.

Walking over, he saw that the glass remained on the floor. Skirting round it, he made his way over to her.

As he neared, she turned her head, and looked at him as he approached. Stopping short, he saw the tears in her eyes, and the tracks on her cheeks, from where she had clearly been crying.

Feeling something stir within him... he realised... he cared. He didnt want to see her in pain. Walking up to the bedside... he felt awkward. He hadnt engaged with anyone like this for..... too long.

Sitting down by the bedside, he gatherered Alexa into his arms, and sat there holding her. Gently rocking her from side to side, he waited as her sobs came thick and fast. He had no words to offer, since he couldnt even begin to understand all that had happened. Instead, he just held her, until she felt ready to talk.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Reeves was… intrigued. Yes, that was the word. Intrigued. The pretty sawbones… Alexa, was it? Seemed to be a lot more than just a moderately pretty face set n a permanent scowl. Besides knowing how to inflict pain, the girl seemed to be far more competent a sawbones than most, and her penchant for making things explode…

Yes, very intriguing.

The apples had been nearly fresh, and Reeves kept biting his lips to mix the taste with blood. He endured through the funeral, keeping his eyes downcast to mask his glee; the fool had deserved to die for depriving him of his… amusement. It was not as if he could simply go to the pretty sawbones and… indulge.

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa stiffened briefly as she felt Arvin hold her. The last time a man held her like this, he had been restraining her. But Arvin wasn't restraining her, he was just holding her. She let her tears come, somehow knowing that Arvin wouldn't hold them against her.

Eventually she got her sobs under control. Taking a couple of deep breaths, she looked at Arvin. "I told you what happened to me... That I had been captured. I didn't tell you what truly happened to me." She looked away, grimacing as the memories surfaced again.

"He captured six of us, dragged us to a run-down house at the edge of Freetown. We were all in the same room, each of us chained to a wall. I think the room had been used before. I could smell the blood and fear. He left candles lit all the time, so we saw everything he did. He'd... make us do things. And if anyone refused.... The pain was horrible. And seeing the others, my fellow prisionners, being treated the same way... that was even worse. I couldn't help them escape the pain. I couldn't save them!" Her voice broke off as a fresh wave of despair swept over her.

"The punishments were pure pain. And he would talk to us, describe what he was doing. I don't think he ever knew my name, he just called me Little Flame. His voice was soft... dangerous. Every time he spoke, I was terrified.

I don't know how long we were held. Days, maybe a week. In the end, the others couldn't handle it. They somehow managed to get their hands on one of his daggers and ended their suffering. They told me that I was stronger than they were. I swore that I would avenge them. I managed to escape."

She looked back at Arvin. "It took a month for my injuries to heal. It wasn't long after that when I realized that I was with child. After that, I knew that if I wanted revenge, I had to chase after it right away. I know that the attack in the harbour left many of your crew dead, but I am grateful, for it gave me the chance to have my revenge, and aid others in their own revenge."

Her eyes grew distant as she drew her dagger out of its sheath again. "This was the dagger the others managed to get. It also caused some of my more serious injuries. I promised myself that I would destroy him for what he did to me and the others."

[ October 30, 2004, 05:51: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

17. Takara

Media:
    Feeling his blood freezing in his veins as she described her imprisonment, his eyes narrowed somewhat, with the mention of the attack in the harbour. He'd lost many men, and a few friends in that.

The thought that Alexa was glad, almost threatened to anger him, but he calmed quickly, as he understood what she meant. To her, his crew didnt mean anything, as the memories weren't there. Back then, it was a means to an end. And he had taken that same line dozens of times before.

As the dagger was unsheathed, he put his hand on the blade, Examining it for the first time, he noticed it was of an unusual design. Certainly, one of a set, and would be fairly recognisable.

Running his fingers along the blade, he considered what it would be like, with this mans blood coating it. Intrigued, he decided he would have to see, no matter how long it took.

Looking back up into Alexa's eyes, he brushed some of the tears from them. Speaking softly, he felt troubled. "I can be understandin' why ye be hurt, and why ye be troubled. I cant say I like to be seein' ye torture yerself with the memories though. But if there be one thing that might ease them, is to see this through. With the end of that man's life, and his blood coatin' his own blade, there will at least be an endin' to the matter. From there, ye can be movin' on."

Taking the dagger from her hands, he put it to the side. "Right now though, ye dont be needin' any reminders o' that time. There will be time enough fer thoughts of dark times, and after what ye been through the last few days, that time isnt now. Now, ye need to be havin' thoughts of happier times, and letting some light into yer heart."

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Eyes opening wide, she looked up at Arvin with surprise. "Light into my heart? I -" She broke off as she heard a sound outside the door. Panicked, she jumped off of the bed and grabbed a damp cloth, trying to make her eyes look less swollen.

Seconds later, a crewman walked in, his hand wrapped in a blood-stained rag. "I be splicin' some rope an' me knife be slippin' and cuttin' me 'and."

Alexa glanced back at Arvin with apology in her eyes. "If you don't mind, captain, you might rest better in your cabin instead of here. I need to see to his hand." She turned back to the crewman, and started to tend to his hand, hoping that Arvin couldn't see that her own hands were shaking.

19. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    After Diego and Sol had finished placing Turk's body overboard, Diego retured to his gun deck and finished his inspections. Half way through, Diego saw the captain coming out of the sawbones.

"Arvin, are we ganing on them yet?, im asking because i need to know when to get the power barrles out and the cannon balls stacked next to the guns"

20. Takara

Media:
    As he left the room, Arvin felt rattled. He wasnt sure why, but he was shaking a little. Maybe it was the embarressing exit, or sharing feelings. Whatever, he was feeling a little angry, mostly at himself. Not sure how to deal with it, he thought about Black Pete, and felt his anger rise quickly.

As he was heading for the stairs up to the deck, Diego appraoched him and asked a question.

"Aye, it appears we be gainin' on him Diego. Tomorrow, most likely, we be right on his ass. The battle is gonna be tough, and I dont want us to be taking more damage than needed. In this, ye, and yer crew, will be vital. I want yer crew rested, fer I want those there cannon to be firin' at their fastest. Also, I want ye to be getin' all the range out of them ye can. The most important thing, is tearin' out the heart of Pete's ship. I want us to get in close, before they be gettin' off too many shots. And I want her cannon decks destroyed.

Now, where be Sol? I be needin' to make arrangements fer the boardin'"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.