1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What +15 AC is overpowered, that would make it a +7 Full plate mate... Wow I never realized the power of pink was such.

And what about the Pithril shield of conton candy reversal? (tm)

2. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Pithril Bastard Sword +1
    Special Properties: 15% chance of causing cottoncandy induced damage to all metal on the target.

Pithril Arrows of Cottoncandy
    Special Properties: Causes web-like holding of the target (but messier)
    Also acts as a +1 enchanted weapon for striking magical creatures.

Cursed Field Armour of Pithril +4
    Once worn, the victim cannot remove it except with a Remove Curse spell. It ws created by a gnome with a warped sense of humour. When ever the wearer is struck by an opponent, there is a 10% chance that the wearer will have Aura of Cuteness cast upon herself.

:D :D

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    *herm*

or himself :p

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:eek: Good heavens, people! You've barely just created this dragon and all you can talk about is how you're going to carve it up and make magical items out of it!?! :flaming: How can you think of harming such a cute, marvelous, and good (CG I'm assuming) creature!!! I'll listen to no more of this kind of talk; goodbye!
    ;)

5. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

:p yourself... I wrote it like that because I get tired of RPG books only refering to PC characters as him, like girls dont play such games... Although D&D and certain others have been getting better at switching pronouns. ;)

Felinoid: I was referring to the metal, not the dragon... I wouldnt harm such a creature myself.

6. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

But the (alleged) "psuedo" dragon familiar *must* be Tal. Aren't the other two avatars, the Evil Elf Sorcerer and the (allegedly) red(dish) dragon, universally considered to be manifestations of Tal? Why would he suddenly choose a non-Tal manifestation to stand in for himself; it's completely against character. Or perhaps you think, say, the (alleged) red(dish) dragon is one he just happened to snip out of the magazine, and Evil Elf Sorcerer is just a bloke he met at a pub?

No, the only logical solution is that Tal was at one point, in fact, before revealing his EES and (alleged) RD manifestations, in some kind of pink "psuedo" dragon form.

I agree that this sort of thing doesn't exist in the literature. But I think we're dealing with a truly singular occurance here...

Come on, this is serious. People go about they're day to day lives on SP, posting all sorts of random stuff all day long on the RBP threads (check out Fel's research on that), without any idea of the hidden plots and intrigue behind SP. At least here we're beginning to unravel Tal's tangled web. The truth is out there!

While "falsity" and "falsehood" can mean the same thing, falsity implies more of general "condition or quality of being false," while falsehood implies more of a specific instance of being false, as in a single false statement, belief, or theory. As the "Pink Sorcerer" remains shrouded in mystery, and as we are nowhere near having any established facts in this case, my point was to emphasize a more generalized sense of deception. So I stand behind my word choice in this case.

Oh, come now, my poor naive andar gem. You have only begun to peel back the layers of truth from the giant onion of SP. Don't go too deep, or it might make you cry! Truth?! You can't handle the truth!

Why must it be a pure pink metal? Pithril?!? :rolleyes:

Can we not yet see that the essense of Tal's power lies in mixture and combination?

Have you not known sacred truth that it is in the very nature of the Sorcerer to be a mix; and what is more a mix of dragonkind?

Have you not read the words of Tal himself (to paraphrase):

That Tal's power lies in the blended/blinded nature of that which is pink (may it's color every be praised).

Pink, which may only be a mixture, an alchemical composite: a combination which brings only deception!

What kind of dragonic miscegenation has brought the Pink Sorcerer unto us?

Pink, which in the chromatic scale is the blending of Red, the color of blood and fire, and White, the color of Ice and itself the mixture of all colors together!

Pink, which in the metallic scale may be found from the blending of copper with silver, gold and platinum: the alloy of all the coin in the realm!

Just as for the ancients, the false lead-ore known as pitchblende symbolized deception; so the blended/blinded coin of Tal's realm could only be Pink.

Pink, like the ephemeral candy-floss that dissolves in your mouth leaving only cloying sweetness and stained tongue!

Pink, like the cubed meat of mystery and the language of our land, which fills our stomach and networks alike to the bursting point: SPAM!

Brothers and sisters, can you not see how Pink runs like a current through all things?

Those who do not see as other's see, let them be blinded by the pink!

7. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

You have a problem with my idea for Pithril? Id like you to think up a better name if you can, otherwise keep your yap shut. :p :p :p

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    So Tal is everything and nothing at the same time. He can be weak (copper) aand powerful (platinium) (If we use the scale of worth of the realm's coin). That would make him omnipotent indeed, to fake weakness and breed true power.

So Tal is... Light, as colours are in fact light, only a mixture of ALL colours (white) and red, huummm a redish-all colours, Red light . And if he use it as a tool of war we can only assume a Red Lightsaber thus revealing his evil nature.

9. Felinoid

@DxA:
    Oh, okay then. :D

@Bion:
    :hmm: Sounds like ASD (autism spectrum disorder); you needn't fear the pink! In the meantime:

Pithril Muzzle
    Sure you can't talk, but at least you look cute! :lol:

P.S. I knew it! Tal is in fact the offspring of the platinum dragon Paladine (DragonLance god) and a regular copper female. That makes him a demi-god not unlike Hercules.

10. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Black is what you get when you mix all colours to gether. White is the absence of colour.

And pithril, being a variant of Mithril, is obviously not a pure metal, if you thought it over (bion). Its most likely has copper and gold in the mixture. Or it might be a metal like electrum which is what you get when silver and gold are fused together by lightning. ;)

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That only applies if you are mixing paint. The opposite applies with light.

12. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bion, have you ever even seen Tal's pseudodragon avatar? :p

13. Bion Gems: 21/31

White is either/both the light that blinds and the stripping away of the opacity/stain of pigment.

Pink is the absense/presense of all colour blended/blinded by blood/fire.

Remember the Legion of the Chimera!

Long Live the Pink Sorcerer!

14. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Bion -
    Why? *I'm* certainly not an andar gem (my wife woulda hocked me for money by now if I was); in the system of SP (if I have interpreted correctly) the andar gem merely represents my worth as a poster here (based on the more posts I make that AREN'T filtered out/blocked by the admins as breaking rules, the more things of value I am likely to say thanks to the Law of Averages :) )

Further, this avatar is NO LONGER USED to represent Tal; by your own statement, if the avatar must represent the person, wouldn't the cessation of its use imply it no longer validly represents the person? Or to be brief, "Not anymore."

:hmm: "Universally considered to be manifestations of Tal" by WHOM? I don't recall anyone asking me - I was never polled. Careful with the conclusion-jumping there, dear friend, it's a long way down if you slip... :mommy:

*shrug* That explanation sounds as plausible, to be honest. The only one who can prove or disprove any rationale or accuracy in representation behind Tal's choice of avatars (waitamin - 'choice of avatars'; I'm gonna like that particular phrase... :D ) is Tal. And methinks our gracious host is a) too busy, and b) having far too much fun if he does have to the time to merely *read* this thread to bring it to an end with conclusive proof one way or the other. *happy*shrug*

So you just keep on making assumptions (about things 'universally accepted' or things 'we are unanimous about') and I'll just keep on poking holes in the weak spots for ya!

And before you carry on from your "only logical solution" about Tal's representations, let's just nail down the logic first, huh?

Per Merriam-Webster:
    And I included everything besides 1a1 for a sense of completeness - the part in italics is what I wanna focus on: the validity of inference and demonstration In short, 'prove it - make a sensible argument to me and show me'.

In relavance to this discussion, before I'll let you use the term 'logical' to modify your conclusion, I'd like a demonstration of its validity - if you can show me the "pseudo dragon" avatar (since I was never around to see it first-run :( ) and get me to agree that it even looks pink, we'll then get into the inference part of the conclusion...

Actually, upon reference to Merriam-Webster's site - the above bears out '-hood' is more an instance, while '-ity' is more a quality. I concede the point, apologize for the interruption, and beg you to pray continue.

*sigh* Tis'a shame; you were doing so well up to now. :( You're attempting to infer something from Tal's unaltered statement -
    - that is the OPPOSITE to what I infer. I believe Tal was stating the pseudo dragon avatar was NOT pink, nor was it intended to appear pink, and only other peoples' misinterpretation of the same avatar led to this whole 'pink pseudo dragon avatar' business to begin with. That may well have been an opinion on his part, and I may disagree with same statement upon scrutiny of the same avatar, BUT, I cannot logically infer the conclusion that YOU are attempting jump to.

Should I even bring up the blue, green, or orange stuff I've seen at midways?

But I will say Pink[tm] is in my walls and ceiling keeping me warm; thanks, Owens Corning. :D

Anyway, if Bion's gonna continue to act like Fox Mulder, I guess I'm stuck in the role of Dana Scully *shrug* so be it.

...tho I dunno if the skirts are really a good idea with my legs... :toofar:

EDIT: and now I've gotta go over to that 'what song's stuck in your head' thread in Whatnots about this

15. Felinoid

@AE:
    Point 1 - Have you ever tried to spontaneously morph into a dragon? ... Did it work? I didn't think so. We must attempt to explain the baffling and extreme changes to the appearance of Tal so that we might better understand him and avoid his wrath. ;)

Point 2 - "Universally considered to be manifestations of Tal" by those of us familiar with the avatar system. Would you really pick an avatar that didn't resemble you in any way? (Be it physical, mental, or spiritual.)

Point 3 - Yeah, I doubt he'll throw us much more than tidbits to keep it going. :grin:

Point 4 - Only Tal has access to it AFAIK.

Point 6 - I get the feeling that it did look a little pink, but wasn't supposed to. Thus Tal, knowing what it really looked like, would be biased toward the intended look, which I imagine was really more like his current avatar.

Point 7 - You may need to sharpen your pencil; your point's a little dull. :lol: The default color of cotton candy is pink (at least in my part of the world :hmm: ).

16. Bion Gems: 21/31

Sez you. :shake:

17. Felinoid

@Bion:
    Sez everyone who knows that Tal would never utter the words "in all my pink glory" when he doesn't think it looked pink in the first place. :rolleyes:

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Honestly, it looked pink, but if I hadn't known what it was I wouldn't have guesed it on my own. But who really cares if it was pink or if it were green or even if it was an ever changing rainbow of colours, if you like it, its a good choice for an avatar. There are just so many similarities between myself and a lim-lim.

Oh yeah, and I have it (the avatar picture), if anyone would like to see it. But only with Tal's permission, of course.

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes; my current avatar does not resemble me physically, mentally or spiritually.

Tal's reasons for choosing his various avatars are unknown. Maybe even unknown to him.

This thread is crazy and I bet Tal is enjoying it. :roll:

20. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Yes its quite funny, especially because some people are taking it so seriously. lol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.