1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Spelly and ae- the source of the mystery is that Tal was originally a pink dragon (btw, can anyone find a link to that original image?) before turning into an evil elf sorcerer, and subsequently transforming into an (allegedly) red dragon. No documentation could be found for transformations among the sourse literature. The mystery was only deepened by additional very recent and sudden transformations among members of a secret society only known as "SPS" (which I've heard from a reliable source stands for "Servants of the Pink Sorcerer").

What we know so far:

1) The identification of Tal as a "Sorcerer" is pretty well accepted, eliminating the theory that the Evil Elf Sorcerer (EES) was only the polymorphed humanoid form of a Pink Dragon. Most theories therefore revolve around the idea that the EES is the original, true Tal.

2) As Tal remains an EES, the Pink and Red Dragon forms must be the result of long study as an EES, whereby Tal has reached a high level of Dragon Discipleship of some kind. Most research on the subject now treats the question of what kind of Dragon Disciple this could be.

3) This is complicated by a) the fact that no dragon of pink hue exists in the literature, whether chromatic (evil), metallic (good), or gem (neutral); b) the mechanism of shifting from a pink to a red dragon does not exist in the literature; and c) Dragon Discipleship for such a creature also does not exist in the literature.

4) A further line of argument holds that Tal might actually be a Fairy Dragon or some other kind of dragonet (and indeed, we have no evidence as to the scale of Tal's dragon froms).

5) Many of the spell-like powers observed from Tal are under studied. Apparently, Tal has amassed far-reaching powers across his domain, causing one scholar to refer to him as a "master of cyberspace." Observered powers include: a) polymorphing avatars; b) various forms of telecommunication; c) creating, teleporting, and disintegrating posts; d) banishment; and e) domain construction (and destruction).

6) In attempting to categorize this new dragon, much attention has been given to determining the alignment of Tal, along both good/evil and law/chaos axes.

7) More subjectively, a parallel line of argument addresses the reported "innate cuteness" of the Pink Dragon form, holding that this quality must also be reflected in the other innate abilities typical to dragons.

8) Some have thought that I have special expertise in this subject due to my recent apparent transformation into a first level Pink Dragon Disciple. However, I must confess that I have no additional insight. I am still trying to determine whether this is a real transformation or merely a mirage; in either case, the solution lies seemingly beyond my ken, as the minds and plans of both elves and dragons are known to be subtle.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

1) "The Sorcerer" could simply be a nickname bestowed upon him due to the extra-magical (technological) powers he has acquired. At any rate Sorcerer need not refer to a class, but even if it did, dragon PCs can have a class in addition to their racial coloring. (See the Council of Wyrms 2e boxed set for further details.)

2) predicated upon 1 (could be the other way around)

3b) Relating to my own Ruby Dragon theory, I believe I mentioned aging as a means of solidifying the reddish coloring over time.

4) That certainly might help with typing. :lol: One thing to note, however, is that dragonets are bereft of polymorphing capabilities. :(

5) :eek: I'm a scholar now? :hahaerr:

6) I thought most had accepted that Tal is LN, but I guess I could be mistaken.

7) IMO small = cute, big = awe-inspiring. IOW, dragonets might be cute, but it's hard to look at anything 10 times bigger than you and say "Awwww."

8) Feh, the powers of a first-level anything usually don't jump out at you anyway. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll be feeling evil in no time.

(I'm so helpful! :roll: )

3. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

*yawns* Im back... and I just finished reading the pages of this thread.

I say that Tal should come in and set us and the rules lawyers (*sticks her tongue out at Fel*) straight.

If Tal wants the pink dragons to be evil and horrendous, then they will be evil and horrendous and I will not say another word about it... I will also not be buying any PDD merchandise, because Im Chaotic Good (sometimes CN)... but anyway...

The Pink Substance of Your Choice Dragon has two known powers so far that have been documented: Aura of Cuteness, and Cone of Cottoncandy/floss. I think they would be better as Fairy Dragon types, since I dont think Ive ever heard of the normal sized dragons as familiars...

Oh, and Ill just express one last thing (for the moment). I dont believe that anywhere in teh books it says that the rules are unchangeable and set in mithral...

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I shouldn't cast without wearing my glasses :p

I wish I heard that more often... :)

I'm still laughing at that one.

There is a perfectly logical ( :rolleyes: ) explanation about Tal's avatar. Tal is probably an epic-level pink dragon and, as such, it is quite possible that he already has access to epic spells. His avatar is only the picture of a summoned Dragon Knight that he uses to deal with his enemies and detractors.

Let's face it, powerful as pink dragons are, it's difficult to be respected when you look real cute and huggable.

[ September 09, 2005, 10:31: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adult bears are cute. Some snakes are cute. Certain whales are cute. And all these are bigger than me. Well, *I* think they're cute and, really, who wants to argue? :shake: :hahaerr:

@DxA - You're right about these 'rules' not being set in mithral/stone. They are merely 'guidelines' for those who wish to play the game. Changes can be made; just look at the 'Critical Hit' - started out as a 'house rule' and is now part-and-parcel of the milue.

6. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

I also believe that half the stuff in 3rd ed rules werent in 1st ed rules, so saying that pink dragons *have* to be evil becuase they are "pink" and therefore chromatic just doesnt matter... Just because they havent been written about in current literature doesnt mean anything. Fairy Dragons are called by colours but one one harps about how they should be evil because they are different colours and not metals or gems...

Oh and Kuemper, snakes arent bigger than you, unless youre like inches tall, they might be longer than you though. hehe.

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, first to DxA - sorry if we're spoiling your fun, but we're enjoying the cut and thrust of logical debate and deduction. :heh:

@Bion (and thus Fel, too)
    1) Pink dragon -> Elf Sorcerer -> Red dragon? Hmmm; the 3.5 PHB has something to say about sorcerers and dragons:

Hmmmm....

2) if Tal is and EES, these dragon forms may just be a) illusions to mislead people and intimidate enemies, or b) the results of a polymorph or shapechange - looking at Tal's powers documented in later points, we would have to agree that he'd be an EES of epic level, and these spells would be available to him,

3) a) I cannot state on the original appearance, I was not present :( , b) Fel's got some interesting and logical (though not necessarily necessary) ideas on that, c) well, we only just know it exists now through you! :D

4) Well, again, since we can't nail down 3a - this point may be unrelated to Tal's *current* form - completely different forms taken through exceptional means (magic or...well see below :) )

5) Hmmm, alter forms of others irrevocably, communicate instantly with others in his domain, as well as alter or prevent public communication of others while in his domain, expulsion of ppl from his domain, and altering the domain itself? You know, there's an entity in D&D that fits all these powers, as well as having the ability to take whatever apparent form it wishes - DIETY

(I do not wish to offend anyone, but I'm keeping the discussion here to be analogous to the D&D millieu and rules therein, so...)

This leads to an alternate hypothesis: Tal is in fact a deity of indeterminate (inscrutable?) power that possesses a domain (hereafter referred to as "Sorcerer's Place" or 'SP') in the outer planes that is fully under his control, and we are merely welcome (and sometimes unwelcome) guests in his same domain. His ability to even control our communication between one another while in his domain and creation and destruction of parts of same at his will would tend to corroborate that...hmmmmmm..."Faaascinating" :D

6) Tal would be the only one who could confirm or deny anything, TBH, so nothing can be considered certain or accepted. Based on observed behaviour, I'd definitely say something lawful (one could say imbuing Bion with the PDD pres/cl could be chaotic, yet there may be an underlying *reason* for that same action... :hmm: ) and I'd lean towards neutrality on the good/evil axis - though Tal's benevolence and helpfulness at least make a point for LN...with G tendencies. But all this is conjecture...

7) again, all this discussion of pink dragons is - to me - unrealted to Tal since, as stated in 1) I have not seen Tal's previous form and cannot make any association between his previous form and what we are now discussing; as an unrelated form, I tend to agree with DxA's ideas tho...

8)Aye, you've only just started, so it's unfair to expect you to give us answers. And aye, the affairs of elves and dragons are subtle, and yet the actions of deities are even moreso... :cool:

Oh, and DxA? Regarding Tal's intervention on this discussion and making known the facts of the situation - sorry, but why would he? He's likely greatly enjoying listening in on the discussion! (I would be in his place :D )

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hmm.. Wouldn't the 'length' of a snake indeed be the 'height' of a snake, and the 'height' of a snake rather the 'width' of a snake? :p

That aside I have lured on this topic for some time now (quite humorous :D ). I think it's about damn time Tal stepped in and gave us some real insight on the whole sorcerer -> pink dagon/drake/draglete -> Red Dragon metamorphosis business, ne? I really don't care wether he's a faerie dragon, pseudo dragon or a real dragon. As long as he keeps that cone of cotton candy far, far away from me and my teeth :p

9. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

lol

I guess it depends on whether the length is on the ground, or hangning from a tree... height is vertical, width is horzontal, length is vertical too, so I guess i can be confusing. lol

Yes Tal, please come and edjumacte us! :D

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, that avatar was a pseudo dragon familiar (and pink only if you're colourblind). It also wasn't my original avatar. Your history doesn't go back far enough. And have I mentioned that you lot have too much time on your hands? :shake:

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Only the true Pink Dragon denies its pinkiness!

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Pink is in the eye(s) of the Beholder! :borg:

13. Felinoid

Wait, pseudodragons are familiars for LG & NG. Now I'm :confused: .
    Tell us of your past, Exalted One.
    Rejoice! For our spare time keeps you in business. :xx:

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In the words of DxA: Please edjumacte us :shake: (or was it edjumacate? Never mind oh glorious king of kings).

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

C'mon people! In order to get an answer, we must make an offering suitable for his Oh Mighty Greatness.

/me humbly places a Big Bag o' Shiny Gems on the altar

16. olimikrig

Media:
    /me offers my newly aquired Tchazar gem "You can have it oh mighty lizard" :bigeyes:

*Silently whispers to DreamingxAshley* "We should sacrifice Kuemper as a tribute, think you not? ;) "

17. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes! Yes we must!

/me places Felinoid on the altar

Please o mighty being, grant this peasant follower of yours the favor of devouring an infidel who has spoken great blasphemies of your church! :grin:

18. olimikrig

Media:
    Hey! I whispered that :nono:

/me Casts deafness and silence on Eldular. "May the mighty smiter (know as tal) smite thee!"

19. Felinoid

/me casts Puff of Irritating Dander at Eldular and uses tail to free self

Beware the Claws of Vengeance, young one. :evil:

20. olimikrig

Media:
    I got your back Fel! :thumb:
    Now let's just all agree to sacrifice Kuemper. We have strength in our numbers, and I believe he'll be an fitting tribute.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.