1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

pick-up lines?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yes, as mortifying as it sounds, I'm asking for good ones.

My ex once told me that it doesn't really matter what a guy says, barring that its rude or diisrespectful or utterly stupid, if the girl finds him attractive, she'll entertain him. I'm assuming this is true for most girls.

I've already experienced this example, wherein a girl found me cute and it made it so much easier for me to talk to her, also since conversation is my strong suit.

This would be ideal in parties where you're introduced to each other and have time to talk and other similar settings. But here's the thing:

When in the (noisy, dark) club and introducing yourself to a girl, or having just been introduced, what are good lines to use to start/maintain interest? Because it's difficult to work your way through a decent conversation under said circumstances. If I could get the girl to go out with me again under a better setting I'm confident that I could make it work for me, but I've always been poor at the opening gambit :bang:

I just had a demoralizing night.

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I haven't had much experience, but what I *have* gathered is that the 'approached' usually responds a little more favourably to a 'funny line'.

Take for example:

"I'm making a composite sculpture of the perfect woman - would you mind coming back to my studio and sitting in a bucket of plaster for me?"

3. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Is there a mirror in your pocket? 'Cuz I can see myself in your pants...

:lol:

PS Don't ever say that, ever.

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

How about "Hey, it's too noisy here for me to make a good impresion, would you give me a chance another day in a quieter environment?"

And my all-time favourite: "The voices say that you are nice and I should talk to you."

5. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

One that a (female) friend fell for...

Have you got any Welsh in you?
    Would you like some?

Obviously you can substitute Welsh for something pertaining more to yourself.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

haha I've heard all of those before.

I think that this would only work if the girl was already kinda into you.

Hmm, I guess it's just a matter of drinking more and getting thicker skin.

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Ask the girl for a lend of a hammer, regardless of the situation. She'll invariably ask you "what do you want a hammer for?".

The answer is up to you, but it never failed me as an ice breaker. :grin:

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Colthrun, that one isn't even half bad.

9. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, speaking as a :geezer: (no, no beard, I'm not a dwarf) long out of the young bar scene, I'm in favor of a line that reflects your risk taking level. The funny lines are a bit risky, but if you're a bit risky yourself, use them! If you're not, the request to be heard in a less noisy place is even less risky. And I always kind of liked guys who just said, Hi, I'm Joe, I'd like to talk to you.

Of course, trying to talk to strangers in bars is itself a bit risky, so if it is really difficult for you, try another setting where they already have something in common with you and therefore might not be utter strangers.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Excuse me miss, you're standing on my...

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey, my name is <insert real name>. I find you extremely attractive,
    • and I'd like to buy you a <insert drink name here> and get to know you better.
    • would you like to dance?
    • mind if sit down?
    • ect...
    Don't be an arse...being honest and genuine will score you more points with the ladies. :thumb: :rolling:

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Just walk up, catch their attention, then say the one word.

'Intercourse?'

:p

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Daie, one of the better known comedians here used to carry a sign with him in which was written: "F*****?" :D

At least it's honest. ;)

14. The Mountain Hare Banned

"I find the most erotic part of the woman is the boobies".

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, it changes a lot according to where you are in the world I think.

One thing is true round here though. Don't say 'I find you very attractive, mind if I sit down? (or whetever)' out of nowhere. It sounds a bit... I dunno, just not very cool. It's like you're only talking top her because you find her attractive. That might be the complete truth, but girls here don't like that.

Just go up and talk to a girl. If you don't act like a complete penis, and not you're not completely butt ugly, you should get somewhere. It works better when you have something mutual to talk about from the off, which is why work colleagues or college mates, on nights out are the easiest to pull. If not though, you should be able to find something around to talk about. Just don't seem too keen, it's a big put off, and don't tell her that you 'really like her' or whatever, it ruins the thrill of the chase for women.

You'll be alright though to be fair mate, you seem to have a level enough head on your shoulders, and without seeing you, from what I've seen on here you don't seem completely repulsive.

16. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

there was a line i used with limited success when i was a young man.i used to say "hi.i'm not very bright,but i'm great in bed."sometimes it peaked their interest.other times,i got slapped

17. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Don't be afraid to listen either, that's a way to show that you're interested without looking desperate. Crack a few jokes (but not too many either and make sure it looks as if you are improvising and not using a line).

I believe that girls like irony and it has always worked for me. If you make fun of them while at the same time keeping a straight face and making sure that they know you are not serious you can get them interested. And curiosity goes a long way.

"Would you like to have a drink at my place?" is a classic but still very effective line once the ice is broken.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

same as over here. for a different reason though: you dont want to hand the higher ground to the girl with the opening move :cool:

hehe of the one's you guys've posted, the only one I might use is the "Excuse me miss, you're standing on my... "
    I just can't imagine using any of the others haha :D

anyway, not a bad weekend for me. On Friday I met with an old friend and she introduced me to her friends and said a couple of em found me cute. One of em was pretty cute I think. Or I might've been beer-goggling? :doh: Yesterday, a gf of a friend said she had a shortlist of prospects, so I told my friend to go through it and sort through the probables :p

19. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The pick-up line my wife loves is...

Me: "Is your father a theif?"
    Her: "NO!"
    Me: "Oh, I thought he was because from the look in your eyes he must have stolen all the stars in the sky."
    Her:"AAAWWWWW!!!!! How sweet!"
    Me: "Thank you, but not as sweet as you."

20. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

If I said you had a hot body, would you hold it against me?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.