1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Perhaps it'll end now.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shura, Jan 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes, Syl I even like seeing how you think... No matter how wrong you are! ;)

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

COWARDS!!!!

Syl...

3. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hmmm... then change your name to Sylvus Moonblade. Hehe...

Amon-Ra

4. Better cowardly and alive than brave and dead...

5. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For most, that is...

Amon-Ra

6. Cuckoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Since I'm chaotic evil, I'm trying to find a way to stay hidden in shadows while casting cloudkill and wail of the banshee....come rush to your death, "brave" heroes!!! Bwahahah!!

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Just chin them then give them a discreet kick in the nads.

Works like a charm.

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

HAHAHAHa

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Bush and Dick in 2000?

Lovely. I can see that not being registered for long.

Syl...

10. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] <Prophet of Sagacity, from Wisdom of the Ages:
    Opinions are like A$$-Holes: Everyone has one; Most people do not need or even want someone else's. Yet, they often feel compelled to try and make others use theirs.

Truly, one of life's amazing contradictions!>
    ;)

Discussion, debate, even argument are expressions of individuality and are enjoyable since they broaden one's perspective and viewpoint regarding the topic. (Just think: if there were NO differences of opinion; if everyone thought the same; There would be no need for any discussion at all. BORING!)

And occasionally, if the reasoning is valid, some portion of an opposing viewpoint might be incorporated into one's own. It's called progress, or perhaps evolution.

However, it must be noted, that insults and name-calling have absolutely no place in any discussion (or debate, if you prefer).

I should like to join with those previous posters in laying to rest this particular topic. :)

<Although, if it HAS to resurface, (and I'm sure it will; it's too basic not to), then at least keep things civil!) > :)

<Opinions expressed herein are not necessarily belonging to anyone, so are free for consideration and personal adoption, if warranted>
    :D

It's still a great board!
    :)

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Syl, just in case you didn't know being Canadian...

Bush and Dick in 2000 is a double entendre: George W. Bush and Dick Cheney ran for President/Vice President in 2000 here in the States...

12. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Yes, I knew what it related to. My point was it was a stupid name to begin with.

Syl...

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    True enough...

14. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

What is Shadowkeeper?!

I understand you powergamers. I have hard time with my kensai mage. I just got out of Spellhold with 2 party members alive out of 4. Most of my party members are about lvl 12. I had to switch back to novice mode because of Irenicus.
    The only good thing in my game is that my kensai mage got 1 slot on lvl 1 spells. I have a nice spell called disintegrate that kills in one hit.

15. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I understand that this Powergamer thing is going slightly out of hand now.

Powergamers are all abound... we all want a powerful party... people are allowed to portray their characters in a way they wish too. The problem is with doing this is that EVERYONE has a different view on what is good or not. I applaud roleplayers as they try to get a character that is fair and actually play a character. I am now starting to get annoyed with people who flame these people as I think it is a way most people should play the game.

Some people just take advantage of the game and make powerful characters and generally just give them the best weaponry straight away... not EVERY fighter in my opinion is gonna go running around with Crom Faeyr and Celestial Fury... or Blackrazor and the Flail of Ages! GEEEZE! But this is allowed by the limits of the game.

In the end it is personal preference that it all comes down to. But it is all becoming rather annoying. I have always thought of BG to be a game for roleplayers, and not people who want to run around bashing everything in sight, and straight away hacking the game to get rid of the expeirience cap. To be honest i don't think Balck Isle ever wished for people to go running around with large overpowered characters.

Role-playing is meant to be about freedom, yes, but it should have limits. And with a "powergamer" just wants to go right up to those limits. Let the powergamers play the way they want to, but in the end, they are wasting a perfectly good ROLEPLAYING game.

Powergamers should really go and play Diablo. Much more aimed at making a big beefed up character with overpowered weaponry. :D

Wayhey... i had a good rant. I don't think i'll be doing one again for a while. Phew.............

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Geez, here we go again. Firstly, no offence to all those I've addressed before. 'Powergaming' IMO, is the exploitation of the game without cheating such as having Edwin and Keldorn in your party for their cool abilities or striving for the best weapons and exp awards possible. What's wrong with that? And stop telling us to go play Diablo, deano99. Why don't you go and play with Barbie dolls
    since you want to roleplay so much? As for Xp cap removers and Shadowkeeper users, I wouldn't call them powergamers..'cheaters' come to mind. And that's all I'm saying on this topic.

17. Weasel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] deano99 I was wondering if you read the whole thread before you posted ?

[This message has been edited by Weasel (edited January 08, 2001).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.