1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Party thoughts

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Jhonka, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Bards can't use the Ring of Wizardry. Mages are good for the amount of spells they can cast. Damage spells like MM are best cast by Bards as they will generally be of a higher level.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't understand why everyone likes Jahiera so much. Her low wisdom makes her next to useless as a Druid. I find I'm better off dumping her and that weed Khalid and just going with PC, Ajantis, Imoen, Minsc, and Dyanheir.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Because she's a Fighter/Druid. From my experience, that's the only healing you need in BG1. She also gets some pretty good spells (Barkskin, Ironskin, etc) that no other class has. In BG1 druids level up so quickly that she's almost leveling up as fast as a pure cleric, and she fights almost as well as a pure figher (of the same stats, which I agree aren't great). She can wield Scimitars, and there's a good +2 scimitar in TOTSC.

Khalid might not have the stats others have, but he's the only fighter in the game, and therefore can put more than 2 points in weapons. In BG1, the difference from 2 to 3 is HUGE, especially considering the low level cap.

In general I like Fighter/Druid combinations, and this one works. Besides, I don't find Wisdom to be of such great importance anyway (ok, she loses a few extra spell slots... big deal. That was never a problem in my games)

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

not if you get him while you have an average rep. iirc, i went up to 20 and he never left. although i DID kill Drizzt right after to bring it down to 10

5. Grumpi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG]
    What about Kagain? By my opinion he is the best fighter in the game, especially with Gauntlets of Dexterity. He has ability to regenerate due to his tremendous constitution, and can soak a lot of damage.
    So this is my evil party, very amusing ;) :

1. PC-Druid
    2. Kagain-fighter
    3. Montaron-fighter/thief
    4. Viconia-cleric
    5. Eldoth Kron-bard
    6. Edwin-conjurer

Abundance of magic users, they can handle every situation.

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For that matter, what about Shar-Teel? SHe's a pretty stinkin good fighter. I'd even say she's the best, barring maybe Khalid (and only because of alignment).

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

she has a prett low con iirc. like a 10? not too sure though, been a while

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    She does have a low constitution - it may even be 9 iirc. That's the problem with playing evil - none of the fighters are complete fighters. Here's the breakdown with the main power stats:

Shar-Teel: S: 18/51
    D: 17
    C: 9

Kaigan: S: 16
    D: 10
    C: 20

So with Kaigan, you get regeneration with a 20 in constitution, but a not-so-great strength, and a downright awful dexterity. You can fix either one of these, but not both using the gauntlets of dexterity or gauntlets of ogre strength.

Shar-Teel on the other hand is only lacking in constitution. Unfortunately, other than the book, there's no way to raise her constitution, and the one point increase doesn't do you any good.

Which is why I say that Khalid is your best fighter.

S: 15
    D: 16
    C: 17

Your dexterity is decent, and your constitution is pretty good. Additionally, the not-so-great strength can be easily fixed with the gauntlets of ogre strength. Based on the "big three" stats, Khalid is the man.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never used Khalid or Shar-Teel. Khalid is too whiney.

10. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

It's been a long time since I played BGI. Will Minsc and Edwin get along ok, since Dynaheir is so integral to both storylines (and they're at diametrical opposites in their feelings about her).

Also, how can you get rid of Dynaheir and keep Minsc in BGI?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you have Minsc & Edwin in the party, expect a fight when you find Dynaheir. They won't get along.

To keep Misc, just strip Dynaheir of all her equipment (and any help from the party) and send her into a fight alone. Of course, if you role-play you might have some problems doing that, but it's the only way, as you can't just kick one out of the party and keep the other. Getting them killed is the only way.

12. Klorox

Heh, ok, that sounds kind of brutal though.

I read that if you go and rescue Dynaheir, you can then pick up Minsc and Edwin without problem, and keep the both of them in the party.

Any truth to this?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, that's an interesting way to go about it... If BioWare didn't plan for this contingency, I guess it should work. But then, Edwin's a better mage than Dynaheir, so why'd you want them both in the party?

14. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

If you want to make Shar-Teel more viable, one option is to keep her stocked up with potions of fortitude and then if she gets into a fight where the enemy is regularly going to get past her AC, then chug a potion. Additionally, you can let her work with another fighter (i.e. Kagain) with monstrous amounts of HP by giving her a big sword and letting her attack from behind her teammate. That way you can save the potions for emergencies when she gets stranded alone.

15. Klorox

RE: Taluntain.

I dunno. Maybe it's just a way to keep Minsc and Edwin. I guess I could go the route of letting Dynaheir kick the bucket.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.