1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Part 1: The Bard has found his Adventure!

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Errol, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Gopher, the half-elven, swashbucklin' Bard I'm playing from BG1-ToB (see topic) has just left the comforts of home and set out on an adventure. Here is his recorded journal so far:
    (I realise it's only a little way through the game, but I thought I might as well get started)

Bothersome business.

I woke up this morning, and some monk outside was hollering about Gorion wanting to see me. Donning my durable white tunic with an elegant hood, I went to see what he wanted. On my way, I had to endure the untuneful wailing of those men. Won’t they ever shut up about that thrice-damned Lord of Murder and his progeny? “And so the Lord of Murder shall perish..”, I mean, puh-lease, it’s not like I haven’t read about it.

Imoen saw me on the steps up to the Keep itself, and she went on about how she definitely hadn’t checked through Gorion’s letters. Not that I really care if she did, the cheeky goblin. In the end I had to be rather rude and distasteful to get her to leave me alone… how uncharacteristic of a flamboyant bard as myself!

Gorion seemed very worried about me when I found him, which is unusual. He told me we should be off as soon as possible. I told him to wait; why, the birds are singing the graceful song of dawn, and the hour is early! Why should I hurry?

Anyway, he spoke of some trip somewhere, so I figured I might as well get some supplies. I went to old Winthrop, or Puffguts as he is now widely known. I picked up my old bow from him, which I accidentally sold him before, and paid for a few arrows. Also, I thought a simple, dark brown leather tunic would do well to bolster my ‘rogue on the road’ image. A large sword was also in order, none of that ‘knife’ stuff for me!

I ran out of money at this point, seeing as I decided to give half of it to the Priest of Oghma. Kinda silly really, but how did I know that Gorion had planned a picnic? I decided that I’d do the “good honorable thing” and work for it. This included bringing Hull is sword, but I couldn’t be bothered so I gave him mine. That cow, Nessa, was fed my Antidote and the cats in the larder ate rainy wooden death from above; I ran out of arrows.

Rather annoyed, most of my earnings went towards replacing the stuff I’d given away, I purchased some throwing knives (significantly much more impressive than the stabbing knives) and some more arrows, a new sword, and a small shield; just incase I throw a knife at something bouncy.

Candlekeep is a secret Insanity Asylum!

Having completed my honorable round of goodness, I was left rather annoyed at having to spend my earnings on replacing equipment. Luckily, some moron in the house near the guard shack told me he had been looking for me. He was babbling on about me “fitting the description”. Flattered as I was that this man had searched me out because of my striking looks, he angered me greatly by saying “You don’t look so dangerous to me!” The nerve! There was no choice, I told him to go away.. or else!

He then told me he’d use “my head fer pickin’ out the gutter”! How dare he associate my beautiful face with a stinking gutter!? Issuing a feral, incredibly frightening growl, I spun into a frenzy of twirling, flashing blades (making sure they caught the glow of the candle). When my anger had dissipated, there wasn’t much left of that street trash left, so I left his tattered body there for the poets of Candlekeep. They’d need proof should they write stories of me!

Having issued my lighting speed manouver, the Gatewarden asked me if I wanted some combat training. I spat in his face, and told him I was more than ready for combat, and that Gorion had bid me hurry anyway.

That reminded me, I should go back to him. So I did.

Dark nights call for dark happenings.

Immediately we went off toward the gatehouse. He told me that I should make my way to the Friendly Arm Inn, to meet some people. I couldn’t exactly remember their names, but I’m sure they’re not important anyway.

We walked off, not on the road, but through the trees and over the fields. Gorion, old as he is, managed to perceive that we would be ambushed. Well done I say, that armoured man with the spiky sword probably wanted directions for Beregost, but Gorion insisted I should run, so I did.

I heard some cries, but I just kept running. Oh I was so fast! Like a flash of lightning my lithe and agile form swept across the field! Gorion didn’t return, and I was weary, so I stopped and slept til dawn.

Imoen came running, blubbering about how sorry she was about Gorion’s death. I didn’t know what she was talking about, so I told her to away and stop being annoying. As she is however, she decided to stalk me. So I let her follow anyway.

I managed to find Gorion, but either he was asleep… or dead. I figured dead from the stabwounds. I said a little prayer to Oghma for him, and left, obviously picking up some shiny necklace off the floor first.

New friends come, Old friends go.

I decided Gorion was probably in a better place, rather than spending the days with irritating monks, he was doing whatever he was doing in the afterlife.

I met some old ‘hermit’ on the road, he was annoying, and I told him to go away. He called me rude.. I didn’t care.

I met a weird man and his Halfling companion Montaron. The man was called Xzar I learned. He seemed friendly enough, even offered me a healing potion, though his Halfling companion seemed a bit rude. Never mind, I thought. They asked me to go with them to Nashkel to meet someone called Berrun Ghastkill. I didn’t have anything else to do, so why not?

On our way we went, toward Nashkel!

--------------------------------

You have to give me feedback on this. More/less writing? More/less detail? Etc.

Out of Character:

Gopher seemed to do very well in Candlekeep. He missed out on quite a bit of XP because he 'couldn't be bothered' to do more work. He made one kill, which was pathetically easy because of his super-flashy Offensive Spin. He has little gold, because he didn't see the point in collecting it.

As you may have noticed, he stole a bow from Winthrop, and got away with it. Incredibly lucky, it could have gone wrong from the start. (Pick Pockets 55).

Brushing off Gorion's death, he met no opposition as he wandered round the first Area, until he found Xzar and Montaron. He decided to join up with them, he forgot about the Friendly Arm Inn (he forgot Jaheira's and Khalid's names even!), and has decided to head toward Nashkel.

Stats:
    -----
    Exp: 133 / 1250 due to lack of quests
    Gold: 54
    Screenshot: Here

I'll keep you updated on it as I play more later on.

2. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Off we went.

Xzar, the mad mage, had some scrolls which he said I could use. I tried writing them down on a piece of paper, it worked! Now I’d just have to figure out how to cast spells, and I’d be able to wreak necromantic havoc upon my foes, haha!

I met and old man, he was a bit … odd. He kept asking me questions about what I “thought about this” and “felt about that”. I said he was being rude, and he just walked off! Odd I say.

Walking around a bit I met a man who said there were dangerous creatures about. He seemed a bit haughty for my liking. I told him there was nothing to be scared of! I was Gopher! Blade of swashbuckling beauty! He told me I was foolish and that I was “digging an early grave”. I killed him. Suddenly, Montaron burst out that he liked my style, and may not kill me after all. I’m starting to get on well with him.

We encountered a band of ferocious Gibberlings, we killed them too. We met another group. We killed them.

Ah, then we came into Beregost. I politely asked a peasant if he could direct me to the nicest Inn in town, he told me to go to Feldepost’s. I might just do that. On my way there, I spoke to a few locals about recent happenings. I gathered a few things; There is a shortage of Iron, Amn is going to attack Baldur’s Gate, and that a mad Cleric has done some bad stuff: there’s a 5000 gold bounty on his head.

I spoke to Xzar, not that it matters what he thinks, but we’ve decided to speak to some Lathander cleric about the bounty. Apparently that’s just east of town, so we head over there.

On our way, we were approached by a man named Garrick. He told us he had heard we were excellent warriors! Excellent! We are now to be hired as bodyguards for his mistress; Silke Rosana, a most famous bard! We will be paid 300gp, but that doesn’t really matter. We should go see her first.

We found her. She’s got some ruffians on her tail, and we are to dispatch them. Easy peasy. They arrived after a little while. Garrick exclaimed that they were innocent.. how could they be if Silke was being thugged by them? Attack!

They were easy, died within seconds while I twirled, hurled and stabbed. Silke was grateful, and in her poetic voice said how she hoped we would one day meet again, hurrah!

Garrick on the other hand, took an instant dislike of me, not that I care. He went off, maybe I’ll go see him and tell him how much I dislike him someday.

To the Temple!

I went to the temple in eastern Beregost; it looked awfully pretty. Some Sirines were doing.. something. Anyway, I spoke to the Cleric guy, he told me that the house of Lathander is always helpful to those who seek to make a difference in the realms. I thought this was a nice thing to say. I myself, by removing morons and leaving pretty people like myself in the world, am seeking to make a difference. I gave the man a few hundred gold so he can help people like me. He liked me some more, which was nice.

He told me Bassilus was roaming the wilderness killing people. He suggested I hunt him down and bring his body back, I said I’d look out for him. I can’t see why I should, but I might as well. Five thousand gold is quite a bit.

Good Book, Good Sleep.

I went to Feldepost’s Inn. As soon as I entered through the doorway, a man told me he didn’t like my type in there. He insulted me and my adventuring tactics! Then he told me I was a troublemaker! I insulted him back, a flurry of violent words as you have never seen! Then the brute attacked me, I killed him.

Some woman on the table opposite told me I looked nice and handsome in “that adventurer’s garb.” I immediately liked her. She told me how all “the exciting stuff” happened down in Nashkel, something about mines. Might be worth checking it out, it would make a fine tale if I rescued the town of Nashkel from monsters in their mines!

I sold some trinkets I’d picked up to the Innkeeper, he seemed pretty pleased about it, all his goods were disgracefully expensive though. I’m never shopping here again. I did buy a cheap book however, something about Luck and Tymora. Then we rented a room (the most luxurious one, obviously) and rested for the night.

In the morning, I met Firebead Elvenhair, a tiresome mage who often visited Candlekeep. He offered to swap my book for one of his, I went ahead. His book was much better, as it described how Bhaal, Bane and Myrkul gained their power. Quite good. I never knew Firebead had such decent taste. Tomorrow I shall head down south toward Nashkel.

-------------------

Not much to say. Gibberlings were quite easy. Montaron threw some knives, Imoen shot arrows and I cut them up with an Offensive Spin after a few arrow shots. If things got tough, Xzar would use his Larloch's Minor Drain spell, and Imoen would use her Wand of Missiles.

I lost 6 rep, four from killing the ranger blokey, and two for helping Silke. I gained one by donating to the Temple of Lathander, and one for exchanging books with Firebead. Not much increase in XP.

The fact that I only have a Fighter/Thief to fight isn't much of a problem because my Offensive Spin helps a lot.

Stats:
    ------
    Exp: 668/1250
    Gold: 1256gp
    Rep: 6

[ September 30, 2003, 23:52: Message edited by: Gopher ]

3. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] I really enjoy your adventuring.
    To my utter shame I have to confess that I never played BG 1. :p And never really bothered to close that gap, e.g. reading a walkthrough or something. At least not all too thorough.
    That makes this an unique experience.
    Since I dont know the game as such I cant say something about details, but it sounds just fine to me.

Must say that your bard is a somewhat tricky fellow to be around. :D

Play on, ye bard!

4. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] A pesky thief!

I went to The Burning Wizard Inn to get some sleep before the journey to Nashkel. Some thief named Zuhrlong spoke to me about how some hobgoblins stole his boots of stealth. I felt kinda sorry for the guy, so I was going to offer him some money. But in vain, I realised he had pickpocketed it! I chased him up the stairs, cornered him, and stabbed until he died. Too right. I picked up my fifteen gold pieces, plus the other few hundred he was carrying as well.

While I was picking up the remaining wealth of the dead Halfling, Montaron had decided to find another way of getting money. Coming down the stairs with Xzar, he showed to gleaming gems in his hands, no doubt stolen from the bedrooms. I clapped.

A pesky bounty hunter, and pesky bard!

I went out of the inn after a nights rest, and nodded to Silke standing on the street corner. I decided to pay Garrick a visit, because she had insulted a talented genius of a bard, pretty too, and he was simply too moronic for this world. He should be taught a lesson in manners. I entered the Red Sheaf Inn, where I saw him enter the day before. The moment I stepped through the door, a smelly dwarf came running towards me! He told me my life was at the end (how original!) and that I would die. I simply could not allow such irritable things to draw me back from my bardic quest! I drew my blade, spat, and told him to back up his words or end up with my sword in his chest. The stupid moron attacked, and guess what?, he ended up with his sword in his chest. At this point, he decided to run away.

He didn’t get very far. He ran into a corner (again, I say moron!) but ended up in a lifeless heap after Xzar’s spell left him a withering husk. I clapped at this too. Montaron lifted a bloodstained chainmail from the body, as well as a blood red wooden shield. He smiled. I smiled. I had chosen my companions well.

I looked around for Garrick, but couldn’t find him. I spoke to some man called something Windspear (any relation to the Windspear hills perhaps? I want to visit that place someday, legends tell of a dragon!) who told me a few things. Firstly, Thalanthy, a mage has a shop I should visit. His temper is bad, but his goods are good. My kind of guy. Secondly, Gnolls have stolen a few things South East of Beregost. Thirdly, Mirianne in west Beregost has been waiting for her husband – time to pay her a visit methinks! Then to Thalanthy. Gnolls aren’t worth my time.

I walked round the Inn trying to find Garrick, but to no avail. There’s always another day. Montaron managed to pillage the Inn dry of gems and gold. I paid to stay the night in a moderately decent room, and left at sunrise for Thalanthyr.

I must be blind, or Beregost is stupid.

After a whole lot of looking and a lot of less finding, we gave up trying to find the elven shopkeeper. They should make maps of this place. I decided to go to Feldepost’s Inn again, and ask around there. Maybe I’d help myself to a magic sword, since Montaron had been exercising his hands while I enquired to the whereabouts of the elf.

So instead we went to ‘The Thunderhammer Smithy’. Nothing thundery about it. I bought some new useful things for my party. Including, but not limited to; Shiny armour for Montaron (who felt he really did deserve it, seeing as he had ammased the gold for it), a helmet for him too, a masterwork Sling for Xzar, so he’d be vaguely useful after his spells ran out I figured, some leather for Imoen to wear, lots of new arrows, a crossbow for the Halfling, some bolts, and some pellets. All in all, Montaron got most of it, greedy bastard. We decided to go West.

New Direction (again)

As soon as we had left Beregost, we were attacked by many (many) Skeletons, guarding some large building. We decided not to get closer – we ran back to Beregost. We found Mirianne, miraculously, in a house we were hoping Thalanthyr would be living.

We gave her the note, and were ready to tell her to get a life, preferably with a new boyfriend, when she thanked us and gave me a nice ring! It had some writing on it, so I gave it to Xzar who told me it was a magical ring, though he “could not penetrate the demeanor” or something. I guess we’ll have to pay someone to do it. Regardless, I totally forgot about how moronic Roe (Miriannes boyfriend) was, and went to the Smithy straight away.

I couldn’t be bothered, so I just put the ring on anyway. Instantly I felt … protected. I figured it must be a Ring of Protection, so I kept it on, pretending to Xzar that I had used my bardic loremastery to discern it was cursed, but looked good. Haha, the fool fell for it! I am the master of the Ring now! With this interesting turn of events, we headed south.

It’s adventuring time!

On our way, we strayed from the path. We saw a house, half-submerged in water. Exploring the area around, we were attacked by two ugly ghasts! Me and Imoen brought our bows to bear, while dwarf-lookalike Montaron readied his crossbow. FIRE!

We managed to make one fly to the ground with missiles, before the first of the two was upon us. Throwing my bow the ground, I pulled up my buckler and sword and sang my battlesong. Montaron did the same, but was more angered than encouraged by the song. Regardless, he seemed to fight with more vigour, slaying his opponent in one stroke. By this time, the second felled one had gotten back up, but was silenced by a blast from Imoen’s wand.

We explored some more, and encountered two Ghouls, which Montaron and I disposed of using Potions of Speed to gain the upper hand. We also managed to fend off a good few number of hobgoblins, gibberlings and even another nest of Ghouls. We collected many, many shiny trinkets which we figured we could sell, then I could afford a magic sword at last. Alas we couldn’t afford my sword, but Montaron got one… bah! We also restocked on arrows, bolts and bullets, since I’ve realised that it’s much, much easier fighting the enemy from afar than near! A wandering minstrel such as I should not need to die by the sword, not yet anyway, haha!

-------------------

A lot of this game was spent running around Beregost trying to find some people. In the end, I couldn't find them, so I went out south to Nashkel. On the way, we were attacked by many Gibberlings, Ghouls (!) and Hobgoblins. The Hobgoblins were the worst because my now customary Shoot, Run, Shoot, Attack method didn't work (they used bows). I got round this by running back as soon as I saw a hobgoblin, then Montaron willingly let them come one by one (he's just like that). This made them easy kills, pleasureable for one such as him.

After much running back to Beregost to restock arrows and such, I managed to buy a short sword +1 for Montaron, as well as a Tower Shield. Montaron now fires his crossbow, backed up by Xzar with a Sling and Gopher and Immy with bows. When the enemy gets closer, Gopher sings while Montaron gets to business. Many times have we had to retreat, but it ended up alright in the end.

I leveled up once, and so did Imoen. I spent all her points in Open Locks (Montaron has helped her a bit by showing her the ropes hehe)

Stat:
    -----
    Exp: Gopher lvl 2(1592xp)
    Imoen lvl 2(1468)
    Monty lvl 1/1(746/746)
    Xzar lvl 1(1468)
    Gold: (from 2100 to 441 :( )
    Magic: Short sword +1, Sling +1, Ring of Protection +1

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hilarious. More, please.

6. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Taking a Detour

On our way southward to Nashkel, Xzar said he’d like to take a look at the Ulcaster school of Magic, which had been destroyed; leaving a wasteland in it’s place. One such as I cannot always be miserable, so I agreed that we’d go and take a look.

We killed a few Gibberlings, and travelled to the Ruin - it took EIGHT hours. Guess what we found, some thrice-damned Hobgoblins with bows, some Hobgoblins, and a pack of Gibberlings. Why thankyou Xzar.

After killing the hobgoblins, I turned around and smacked Xzar around the face for his stupid idea. No luscious trees or twittering birds, no poetically endowed scenery or magical energies flowing – just wasteland. Unfortunately, I nearly killed the weakling mage. We had to rest.

By morning, Xzar was feeling grumpy, so we ignored him and sat watching the sand flow over the wasteland on a cliff quite high up. After an hour or so, his incessant whining go the better of Imoen, so we turned around to see what he was blubbering about. And behold! Behind us were two rotten, disgusting, horrible, smelly zombies waddling towards us! We killed them. Behind the Zombies were a group of Animated Skeletons. We killed them too… and behind the Skeletons, was Ulcaster, the Ruined School of Magic!

A foe too great, will die another day

After killing a few measly skeletons, truly they are half the men I am (haha! I jest of course!) and died swiftly by my blade, we explored around the ruin. Curiously, I found a skeleton standing there in full armour eyeing is. “Hold, what is your business with us?” I asked. The dreadful thing exclaimed I was the flesh from which it would become whole again. This just won’t do, we would have to kill it (Well, re-kill it I guess). Unfortunately, the thing’s bones seemed to be made of iron, and so we had to run. Run fast. We ran down the rocky slopes, which the moronic undead could not get past. We left it there, and ran faster.

Tired and exhausted, we returned to southern Beregost, and slowly continued our journey to Nashkel. Perhaps there we would find supplies and a decent Inn where people didn’t try to kill you.

Tired, Bothered and 'Tense'

Eventually we came to some rocky cliffs, which we figured hid Nashkel behind them. Making our way down, Xzar reminded us that we should get to Nashkel quickly, since he was “fast becoming tense” and that “you won’t like me when I’m tense.” I silently resisted the urge to beat him to the ground.

Finally, and without delay or interruptions for once, we made our into Nashkel. The first thing to greet us, were a group of guards marching. Then a guard dressed in an overwhelmingly unfashionable red tunic came into view ahead of us;

“Who are you, what are you doing here?! There is ann Inn over there, but tensions run high, do not cause any trouble!” is what he said. Great, just what I need, another ‘tense’ town. What is it with everyone feeling so ‘tense’ nowadays anyway? Maybe I should feel ‘tense’ and remove these all these morons from my sight! We headed towards the Inn for some much needed rest.

And would you know, the very first thing that occurred as I entered the Inn was.. yes, you guessed it good folks, I was attacked! How original. This time, some woman bearing similarly hideous clothing told me how I was a burden to her work, bla bla bla, and started casting a spell, which I managed to make out was a Hold spell. She didn’t finish it. A necromantic spell burst forth from Xzar’s outstretched hand and flew into her chest, she fell backwards into a table – her face distorted with a withering agony akin to someone draining you of your very lifeforce. I lept in with sword held high just after Imoen’s arrow flew into her chest. While I drew my sword out of her now exposed ribcage, I asked “Am I such a burden to you now?”. Her eyes rolled towards me in silent hatred, and she died. I laughed, Montaron laughed, Xzar ‘cackled’ and Imoen shook her head in disgust.

We bade the Innkeeper for a room, and slept soundly that night.

An odd dream, a new beginning?

While Montaron returned with the complete earnings of the Innkeeper in his hand, I pondered over a dream I had had the night before. I had dreamt of Candlekeep, that boring place I had grown up in seemed so far away. I had dreamt of Gorion, and what he would have me do. I realised that perhaps even if I had taken the right path, I had gone about it the wrong way. Perhaps I was getting sentimental, perhaps this cold hearted minstrel had an eye for love and peace after all. Perhaps not. I didn’t know myself at the time.

After my feeling-good moment, I looked at my hands, who now had a slightly blue tinge, more so than from my normal pale skin from my moon elven ancestors. My hands felt cool to the touch, but somewhat refreshing. I realised that I had the power to heal. Maybe it was a sign from Gorion, silently bidding me to do good in the world, and rid myself of my evil companions; Xzar and Montaron. Maybe it was a gift from the dark recesses of my mind, the dark essence that haunted me often in battle. Maybe it was tool from the dark which would enable me to stay alive longer. I didn’t know, but I decided it wasn’t worth thinking too much about. There was too much thinking involved.

With a heavy heart, we visited the local Store, and sold some things we had accumulated on our journey here. Most was trinkets from Gibberlings or loot from Hobgoblins. A magical helmet neither I or Montaron had use for was sold, in all, we made a few hundred gold. According to Xzar and Montaron’s wishes, we went to find the man they were looking for. Yet, for once, I was afraid.. for him.

It turns out, in fact, that the man welcomed Xzar with open arms! Apparently the mage had been expected, coming to help rid Nashkel’s mine of the Iron shortage. How wrong I was of my companion, truly he must be a force of good in the realms (although with a mean streak)! We decided to head on at once.

-------------

Having finally arrived in Nashkel, I was amazed that I had made it this far with a Bard, two thieves and a mage. Montaron deserves my thanks, because of his dual Fighter/Thief status: I was able to survive many battles. Offensive Spin is useful as ever, but many potions have been quaffed.

I now realise I am very vulnerable to missile attacks, so I creep forward a bit slower than before. Gopher seems to have some mental fight going on, deciding wether he's good or evil. He recieved his first Bhaalspawn ability (Cure Light Wounds). The game is going quite well, but I am starting to suffer with the lack of a decent tank in the group.

Stat:
    ------
    Exp: 2083/2500
    Gopher 2, Imoen 2, Monty 1/1, Xzar 1.
    Gold: 1155, but Nashkel had no interesting things to buy.
    Magic: same stuff.

7. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Ok, I do apologise (very much so) because that seems to be the end. I didn't die (surprisingly), but BG1 crashes when I try and enter Nashkel Mines. The reason, I found, was that while trying to Update BG1TuTu .v2 to .v4, an error formed and I was forced to uninstall BG1, BG1:TotSC, BG2 and BG2:ToB.
    I don't especially fancy re-installing everything, and starting the game again, writing all this again, so sorry, but this is where it ends. :(

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Oh! :(

That's really too bad! First because I enjoyed you're writing and secondly because it makes BG1TuTu look bad.

9. Errol Gems: 23/31

Well, I didn't find out what the problem was, but it reads that Version 4 fixes area transition errors! Unfortunately, something seems to have gone wrong while uninstalling BG2... (see topic in BG2ToB forum). I can't, for some reason, remove all traces of the game, so my system still thinks it's installed.

10. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah, I've encountered some bugs too with updating BG1tutu. First time I lost all my proficiencies. And, second time it destroyed my save, but fortunately I had played only few hours.

It's really pity, if Gopher the Bard's adventures end here. :(

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Lets rename the thread.
    "In memory of Gopher the Bard, who suffered from a glitch decease"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.