1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Paizo Puts Out its Pathfinder SRD

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by The Shaman, Aug 17, 2009.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Those of you who were interested in 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons probably know what the SRD stands for. For those who do not, it means System Reference Document, and is basically a collection of tables and text from the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual I that has pretty much all the mechanics you need to participate in or run a D&D game.

Paizo, the company behind the Pathfinder RPG, has put its own SRD on http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ . If you are looking for a revision of 3.5 that does not change nearly as much as D&D's fourth edition, or just look for a set of interesting houserules, give it a good look - the Pathfinder Beta had some good reviews and many people consider it a "D&D 3.75" game that advances the mechanics they are used to from their 3rd edition games.

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I love this version of 3e, they made all of the right changes. My old role-playing group had lots of house rules, mostly reflecting what Paizo did.

3. jreyst Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Fan-made SRD for Pathfinder too!

Hey guys - I just wanted to let you know (in case you didn't already) that there is a completely fan-made and maintained Pathfinder SRD site at http://www.d20pfsrd.com. I include all of the monsters from the Preview and Bonus Bestiaries (which are not in the official PRD from Paizo) as well as maintaining the look and feel of the original d20srd.org. I also have a search feature that the Paizo PRD does not have not to mention I host a downloadable version of the site for offline browsing, all 100% free. I'm also looking for more help on the site so if any of your readers would like to help just shoot me an email at jreyst ..at.. gmail.com. Thanks!

[I've masked your e-mail so that spambots don't pick it up. -Tal]

---------- Added 9 hours, 21 minutes and 33 seconds later... ----------

Hey Tal - thanks for casting Protection vs. Spam on me! I'll take all the buffs and protection spells I can get! Also, anyone who visits the site please feel free to let me know if you have any problems or notice anything incorrect. It's not fully updated with all of the "unofficial" errata reported on the Paizo boards as I am waiting for a collected document after some more time goes by.

John

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Ok, the new classes from the advanced player's guide - alchemist, cavalier, inquisitor, oracle, summoner and witch - have been put on the SRD site, as well as other stuff from that book, such as PrCs. Go check it out, people - there is some good stuff there. I found the Master Chymist in particular quite fascinating for anyone who wants to try out the Hulk in D&D... well, Pathfinder :D.

I must say, I like the book a lot for the variety it offers, not only in the form of new classes, feats and the like, but the smorgasbord of options for the existing races and classes. Basically nearly every racial or class feature can be substituted for others, there are several versions of any class, and I was particularly impressed by the idea of giving various races different abilities they can select for their favored class levels instead of the extra hit point or skill point - such as elven rangers having a bonus to confirm criticals made with bows, dwarven fighters getting extra bonus to their resistance to trip and grapple (iirc), and human sorcerers getting extra spells known. While some options may be better than others, I think the vast majority are well worth a look.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Just a not-so-new update - the site has been changed to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ , and a lot of material has been added, including fanmade houserules or some third party stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.