1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pain Mirror

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Extremist, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] We all know there's a special spell in PT called Pain Mirror, things it does and that you can invoke it by Sadistic Frame.
    But how to learn it actually (level 2, SPWI209)?
    I never tried this, but I think that you can get it if you receive mage training from Lady Thorncombe before art trainining at Mebbeth's. Anyone did it?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not me... And I lugged that damn mirror with me to the final segment of the game and probably didn't use it there either. I ended with a bunch of cool unique items I was always saving "for later". That "later" comes to "end" before you know it. Hehe.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31

And I used it when dealing Morridor's Box fiend in 'Curst Gone'.

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hmm, I seem to carry lots of stuff too in case I'd need them sometime and never use them...

Pain mirror can be learned as a spell, but not from a sadistic frame. I'm pretty sure it was in one of the circles of zerthimon.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, it's definetly not on Zerthimon's Circle and not on any item in the game. And my question was if anyone managed to get Pain Mirror scroll from Lady Thorncombe!!!
    And screw the cheats!

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually, now I remember. It *is* in one of the circles of Zerthimon. It's name isn't pain mirror in there, it's balance something or whatever. The picture of it in your spellbook is a circle of certhimon in different colours (orange is one, I think) and it's a level 2 or 3 spell. Could someone with the appropriate savegame check this, my Torment is loaned out.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Balance in All Things? It's in the 6th circle of Zerthimon.

8. herf Guest

erm, im not too sure but doesnt pain mirror inflit pain to someone as the same amount of damage that theyve done to you, im ntot oo sure but thats how i remember it working.
    with balance in all things its like a shield spell only it inflicts the damage on them as they are doing it to you.

9. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

while in Modron's maze I found few mirrors, One of them was the Mirror of somebody, when used it creates a shadow-self of the targeted enemy, that atemp to kill him - and in my case succeeded.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

That one you get from Nordom and it is not Pain Mirror!

Seems noone managed to get the Scroll from Lady Thorn so I'll have to start the game again to check by myself.
    Anyway thanks.

You can lock this up now, Tal.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Uhm, we don't lock topics just like this... Maybe one day someone will come along with the answer... Or if you do it yourself, you can let us know here. We'd like to know. ;)

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Agreed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.