1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Online pen&paper games

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Gnolyn Lochbreaker, Sep 17, 2001.

1. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ack! Run! It's a three foot werewolf! Heheh. That wasn't quite what i had in mind Gnolyn. I was thinking that if i could, i would do a different char who was infected with Lycanthropy as a child. But, no prob.

Oh! Maybe someone who was half Wolf/Human? That would be the same as a Werewolf, but there would be no Human form, or invulnerability to anything but silver. Just my random thoughts :)

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited October 21, 2001).]

2. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] So thats around 5PM onwards on staurdays (GMT) I can do that, some saturdayts it will have to be later cause i don't get back from football till around 6 when mansfield are at home.

3. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Vormaerin: Glad to have you aboard. I need you to send me your complete character via email as either a text, word or excel file. If you used the character generator, you can send that too. It looks like you've been going through the background info on Karyst - thanks for doing your homework :)

Just a note for other potential players - you should check with the DM first before jumping right into play :)

I'll be updating the site today, so take a look when you get a chance. Nocturne, I like the idea! I know what you mean. There was a RPG called Palladium years ago and one of the main races were the Wolfen: basically upright walking, man-sized wolves (no lycanthropy involved :)). I'll probably bring something similar into Karyst, just not as a common race.

Of course, there's always the less common-form of lycanthropy: were-dachsund's. Early signs of this form of the disease include bite marks on the ankles, and rather stubby arms and legs. Halflings and gnomes tend to be afflicted more often than other beings - others just laugh and walk away, or leash them and talk them for very short walks.

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

So, Gnolyn, are you saying that you didn't get the email I sent you with my character sheet?

Aloha
    Vormaerin

5. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Hehe.
    Were-Dachsund: "Come on, come on! Walk me!"
    Other party Member: "All right, all right, but i expect to be paid for this!"

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] :( I don't notice any changes to the site...

By the way, I think Kahraman's about to get rearranged. *sigh* After further discussion with Zorac, I realized belatedly that a stat point is not the same as a buy point. Gnolyn, I'll email you the .cg3 when I finish. I will also update his bio above.

EDIT: By the way Gnolyn, you should reply to this thread.

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited October 23, 2001).]

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Just received the following from Gnolyn :(

"Our computer problems continue (not happy) and now Jennifer's computer is having problems with net access as well. We're hoping to have it resolved tomorrow, but who knows at this point. Could you put a post on
    the Online P&P thread just to let everyone know that we won't be online for at least another day or so? I just don't want people to think I'm ignoring them :)
    This is really getting frustrating -- we have the computer guy come to the house tomorrow, but we still can't figure out if it's an extension of the computer problems we've been having or a problem with our
    internet provider."

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] So anything happening Saturday? :(

Don't forget, MM will be occupied from 3 pm to around 6 pm CST. (the #sorcerers_nwn channel for those of you who are not as familiar with the chat)

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hi folks. Sorry to say that our computer problems continue:( I'm using my mother-in-law's computer to write this. However, I can access my email at work (just not sorcerer's), so if you need to get hold of me, just email me.

Good thing about all of this is that I have time to prepare lots of stuff:) Unfortunately, this also means I haven't been able to update the site. I've made changes, but can't upload them to the site.

Capstone: I got your character, and I spoke with Erran - but I will post info on that post as well. Thanks!

Vormaerin: Yup - got your character.

Here's the plan - Next Saturday (November 3rd) we will go online to play, regardless of whether our PC problem at home is fixed. Sprite and I will make arrangements to be there. The time will be 1pm EST and we'll go to 4pm. If that time is not good for you, please email me to let me know - I may not see it if you put it here. The other thing is that everyone will need MS Netmeeting - Slappy has kindly put a post on the first page to it if you need to download it :) To avoid any conflicts with the chat here at sorcerer's, we'll meet at 1pm EST in the chatroom on Slappy's site here: http://www.maturegamer.net/Forums/ForumsHome1Chat.html Use your sorcerer's nickname in the chat, so we know who's who. If there is anything else, please email me.

For those who might still be interested in joining, we have two spots left and a few interested people. I haven't heard from Mr. Writer or Dark Xan for a while, but I know Erran has said he's interested. I'll need you to email me your character (info on character's on this thread) and let me know first. I'll email you back after that.

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

Added your world to the Roleplay corner FAQs ;)

12. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Sounds Great! Though from 4 EST to 7 EST would be easier for me. Heh, parents would be sleeping, so not bugging me.

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Heh, that'd be rather interesting, Erran trying to DM in one group and play in another at the same time. But who knows we may be so lucky as to actually finish at 4 EST. :heh: :rolleyes:

14. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

I'll be there, though 7am on a Saturday is painfully early!

aloha
    Vormaerin

15. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Where do you live Vormaerin? I live in Germany and i'm only 6 hours ahead EST

16. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

I live in Hawai'i, which is GMT MINUS 10. That makes it 6 hours earlier than the US east coast (EST). Although it now occurred to me that the silly mainlanders just adjusted their clocks again. So I'm actually only 5 hours behind now. Yeah! 8am is much nicer than 7am. :)

Aloha
    Vormaerin

17. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

That's cool. Hawaii sounds great

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Sorry folks, the Slappy/Netmeeting deal didn't work for me 'plugin did not initialize', so I guess I'll stick with mIRC. :(

19. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Erran, I was in Slappy's chatroom but away from keyboard, so I later saw you had come and left. Sorry. So it was working ?

Btw, I have openrpg running under linux. Basicly it's same as webrpg. Dice roling is a breeze. Avatars, maps are a bonus. And char sheet sharing is easy as pie.

I think it would be better to use openrpg, so maybe you should give it a try and see if you like it.

20. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Erran, we used NetMeeting. We'll hopefully set it up a bit better in advance next time, whether we continue with NetMeeting or go with OpenRPG, so you should be able to join us. Good luck; Kahraman would enjoy swapping stories with Justine sometime...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.