1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Online pen&paper games

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Gnolyn Lochbreaker, Sep 17, 2001.

1. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ah, i seem to have mistaken the question, hehe. There prolly isn't a way to export it

Umm, hehe, how would you set it up for Excel?

2. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Gnolyn says the point buy system shall be based on 28. Not on 27 shalt thou base it, nor on 29. :p

Whoo-hoo! Now I can assemble my Lawful Good cleric chick. Will post her stats here later today...

By the way, Gnolyn's PC's still out of commission internet-wise but he's still building up Karyst so fear not, we are advancing! Sorry we weren't able to manage anything this weekend. We're hoping our tech support can come on Tuesday so that we'll be up and running for next weekend.

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited October 14, 2001).]

3. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Yay. Now i get to make a rogue :)

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Only 28 points? Blah, the RC has spoiled me I see. I'll get over it.

Kahraman Hayat is on his way!
    Question Gnolyn: Can I hang onto a stat point until level 4, so that I can bump Charisma up to 16?

If so, Kahraman has:

STR 16
    DEX 10
    CON 9
    INT 10
    WIS 12
    CHA 15

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited October 16, 2001).]

5. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Thanks sprite and gnolyn for the info :) 28 points is good enough. I'll send my char tomorrow.

I can't decide which specialty wizard to choose tho. :(

6. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Introducing Rhwydd the Gentle:

Born in the Red Mountains to the warrior known as Rhwydd the Strong, and her husband the high priest of the clan, the delicate Rhwydd grew up often compared to her powerful mother. After hearing his beloved daughter mockingly referred to as "Rhwydd the Weak", the elderly priest dubbed her "Rhwydd the Gentle" and it quickly caught on.

Rhwydd's mother was often away at war, and because of her frailty compared to other dwarves her age Rhwydd was discouraged from engaging in rough play with the other children. Instead, she spent her childhood helping her father with his duties at the temple of Riva, where he trained her as both a priestess and an Herbalist.

Unlike most other young dwarves, Rhwydd spent a significant portion of her time aboveground helping her father collect ingredients for potions. Often they would leave the tunnels of the Red Mountains for weeks on end collecting rare herbs and roots in the forests. In this way, Rhwydd developed the very unusual skill (for a dwarf) of wilderness lore, in addition to becoming an extremely skilled herbalist.

Rhwydd's mother was killed leading her battalion to victory against the trolls in the Lacmaer Pass Charge when Rhwydd was barely 100, and her father did not long outlive her. Devastated by the death of the father who had been her best friend for all of her young life, the young Rhwydd turned her back on the dwarven tunnels. She headed for a human village near Dolem, between the forests in which she had foraged all her life and the Red Mountains where she was born. In this village, where she had often stopped with her father on their way to and from the forests, she opened a small potion shop that drew customers from miles around. Even the dwarves ventured out of the tunnels on not-infrequent trips to Rhwydd's shop to remain well stocked.

Rhwydd the Gentle
    Female Dwarf
    Cleric (Priestess of Riva)
    Domains: Plant and Good
    Lawful Good

Height: 4'1"
    Weight: 145 lbs
    Eyes: Pale hazel
    Hair: Auburn

Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 14
    Constitution: 10
    Intelligence: 10
    Wisdom: 17
    Charisma: 11

6 Hit Points

Skills:
    Profession Herbalism (Rank 4)
    Wilderness Lore (Rank 1)
    Heal (Rank 2)

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited October 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited October 16, 2001).]

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Another question! What is our starting gold/equipment?

Kahraman's background will be forthcoming once I decide what weapon he's using.

8. Invoker Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] hey caps. i don't think you can reserve a point like that, but the dm has the say of course :)

As for starting gold and available eq, I'll use the standard PHB rules via the demo char generator, unless gnolyn states otherwise.

gnolyn, would you like us to send you the chars in the format that the generator saves ? Or just plain text ? Or if you prepeare an excel spreadsheet we could download it and use that.

PS: yay a dwarven lady :) so, uhm.. does Rhywdd have a beard or not :p

9. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Hey Capstone. There is no point in hanging on to a partial stat point since the points you get at level 4, 8,.. are "stat points" not "buy points". So put it in to con or something instead.

10. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Capstone- you roll for your starting gold as per 3 ed rules. If you need a reference to the page number let me know and I'll go look for it. And once you have the gold you can buy whatever equipment from the manual your character can use. I lucked out on my gold roll so I'm very well equipped- but no one can accuse me of cheating because the DM was watching me! Anyway, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to have a well-equipped healer in the party. :)

Yes, Rhwydd has a beard but it's just a little one, very downy. :p

11. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Has Gnolyn seen my staff/dagger idea? Just curious. Also, i would like to start with a blowgun, but there aren't any in the generator. What should i do?

I'm actually having trouble deciding what to be, i'm planning a Rogue with 4 ranks of Pick Pockets, Hide, Search and Spot (at least.) So we should have a decent rogue, so we might not need another

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] I don't have the PHB. :nolike: If you could post the rolling rules for gold I'd be much obliged... the chargen simply assigns the max, IIRC. In Kahraman's case, that's 170 gold.

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited October 16, 2001).]

13. Invoker Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] for paladins (Kahraman /is/ a paladin isn't he :) ), the starting gold is (6d4)*10

for rogues it is (5d4)*10 gold.

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] PHB page 95

Random Starting Gold:
    Barbarian 4d4*10
    Bard 4d4*10
    Cleric 5d4*10
    Druid 2d4*10
    Fighter 6d4*10
    Monk 5d4*10
    Paladin 6d4*10
    Ranger 6d4*10
    Rogue 5d4*10
    Sorcerer 3d4*10
    Wizard 3d4*10

Assume that the character has one set of normal clothes (not armour).

15. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

OK everyone my charcater is ready after being converted from Warhammer to D&D and given a quick brush and polish up. I'm not a fan of stating a character's stats as I prefer to get a feel for who can do what through what happens in the game. Therefore I have written an introduction to him rather than just give you the character sheet. Of course I will email full details to Golyn when he is back online (hopefully soon as the engineer is due today I believe).

Also, before I give you the link to my character's webpage it's important to remember that, although he is called Mr Devious, it's not quite as silly as it sounds ;). This is because in the time when these adventures were set the word 'devious' did not exist. However, after trading with Mr Devious it was common for people to start using a reference to devious when they wanted to describe someone being less than honest. As in 'that Devious-like shop keeper tried to over-charge me again.' Eventually the usage became so common that the word devious came to be used in it's own right.

Here's the link:
    http://www.maturegamer.net/DownloadExtras/Devious/Devious.html

16. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, still having computer problems, but Mr. Fix-it is coming on Thursday so with any luck it should be all straightened out by then.

I did see your staff idea Nocturne - still thinking it out :) And don't worry about the character generator not having a blow gun -- I can change your character's info as necessary. By the way, a blow gun would do 1d2 points of damage (I brought this up from the 1 pt suggested). I'll post the speed factor and other stats later. Basically, the blow dart doesn't do much damage, but is an excellent weapon to use in conjunction with poisions.

As for the stat points, you need to use them all up front.

Thanks for posting the gold Zorac! And yes, please assume that you have a simple set of clothing (including ordinary boots) -- but anything and everything else you'll need to buy. If anyone needs equipment information, let me know. Or if you're uncertain of what you should have, for that matter. I'll always give you the chance to buy stuff when you need to, but your characters should have whatever items they'll use. For example, if you have a craft skill or profession or similar skills, if you plan to use them to make things you should have some tools (small hammers, flasks for storing liquids, etc.). If you want a good night's rest you should have a bedroll, but a tent isn't necessary.

You can send me your character info in any format, since I'll be inputing what I need manually into the spreadsheet. And please keep a record of your character handy for your own reference. Thanks again for your patience folks! I hope to have this computer thing all sorted out soon so we can get under way.

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] As for the staff idea, purchase price could be somewhat less than the price of staff + two daggers... damage similar to those weapons. Dual wielding penalties apply when using as daggers. Twisting apart or hooking together probably counting as a partial action. Just my two cents worth....

So we are on the same page on our histories, where are the Red Mountains Sprite? (on Gnolyn's map...) I assume you don't have anything against us naming some towns and mountains and stuff for you Gnolyn... :D

Kahraman's history probably won't be out until Thursday, as Wednesday's a busy day for me.

18. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out Capstone. I didn't realise Gnolyn's latest map was't online yet- he has already created a number of cities and named the mountain ranges. The Red Mountains separate Karsim and Meinyoch. Lacmaer is to the west in Karsim, Dolem just slightly to the east, on the outskirts of Bevylaam.

I don't think he minds if we add detail to that though- e.g. I made up the Lacmaer Pass battle and he said that was fine. I'll encourage him to post that map soon so you can all see it (although he's continuing to touch it up).

[EDIT: Slappy, I do see your point and of course, there's no pressure to post your stats! But personally, I love to see other people's stats because I delight in the art of creating a whole person around a few numbers, and comparing the stats to the biography allows me to enjoy it vicariously for the characters of others. So everyone who doesn't feel as Slappy does, post away!}

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited October 17, 2001).]

19. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Hah, good thing I asked... the Red Mountain area happens to be where Kahraman's from after all... Gnolyn or Sprite let us know when the site gets updated, kay? ;)

History still due to come Thursday!

20. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Char Name "Zey"
    Race: Halfling
    Class: Rogue
    Str: 10
    Wis: 10
    Dex: 18
    Con: 18
    Int: 12
    Cha: 12

Good thief skills, 2.0 in Alchemy
    I'll leave it at +12 to Hide and +10 to move silently, hehe.

He's Ambidextrous :p and i was thinking, he's about 3'0", so the staff/dagger should be two, with foot long blades. I figured to make poison he might need Alchemy, hehe.

Gnolyn- I'll email him in a Minute. He has 89 GP, so it should be enough for the Blowgun, and 20 Blowdarts would be good :) Let me know the price on poison or if he can brew his own. Also get back to me on the Staff/Dagger (Should it be a Stagger, or Daff, or a Stafger?)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.