1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Online pen&paper games

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Gnolyn Lochbreaker, Sep 17, 2001.

1. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Im in, anytime on Saturday, Couldnt keep playing on the Wends group cause of School

2. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I'm in, saturdays are cool. How will we make the characters? I don't have any of the D&D books (my dad won't let me play D&D, but i recently told him i don't care what he thinks). But for the other D&D stuff i've played with peeps from Sorcerers, i've always the D&D Character Generator. I'm 14 (for reference) but people usually think i'm around 20 by the way i act online.

3. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Okay, going back through the posts, I've got a tentative list of:

1. Sprite
    2. Slappy
    3. Capstone
    4. Invoker
    5. Kerric
    6. Kemanmaldea
    7. Amis
    8. LonnieTheLazy

I'll need these people to confirm on this post in the next couple of days. Games will be on Saturdays, but we still need a time. So, when you confirm, please list a couple of times on Saturday (including what time zone:)) when you're available. Also, let me know if you're not able to join so that I can open slots to others who are interested. For everyone else who said they were interested, stay tuned as slots could very well open up.

I'm going to try to put up some more info later on today.

4. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Kerric gaming instead of drinking on a saturday?! That would be the day!

5. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

What about me man? Eh? what about ME?
    hehe.
    I'm in CET, and i'm available most of saturday

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] 9 am to 9 pm Saturday, CST (-6 GMT). Thanks Gnolyn!

There's not going to be any extra XP benefits or stuff like that for Sprite is there now? :D :grin: :D

7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

how do we join?

and when?

8. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] hey gnolyn, i'm in :)

I'm in central US (uhm.. is that CST or what i am soo confused with these time zones :p) and practically available all saturday.

keep us informed

[This message has been edited by Invoker (edited October 02, 2001).]

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] For you US people who wonder what time zone you're in...... www.time.gov

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Okay, I've got confirmations for:

Sprite, Slappy, Capstone and Invoker. That leaves four spots open. I've basically been going down the list in order of people's posts. So, if I you're willing to commit the time, let me know (LordNocturne and Dark Xan please post to confirm if you're still interested).

11. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Hmmmm; I'd love to join in, but I'm in England and thus time could be a problem. I can use the net from 6pm onwards weeknights and any time at the weekends but tend to get ejected from the computer by irate family members earlier on in the evening (plus I need sleep at some point). If these constraints prove not to be a problem, then I'm in.

12. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

i've already told you twice, YES! i want to play. I plan to order the DM's Guide and Players Guide from sorcerers before long

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Nocturne, glad to have you with us. But I have dibs on the paladin. :D :grin: :D

14. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Bah! Oh well, i was thinking a Cleric or Ranger, or perhaps a Bard.

15. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Thanks Nocturne! There've just been a lot of posts of people saying they're interested, and then disappearing so I want to confirm with people first before we start talking about times.

Will, being in England shouldn't be a problem. I assume you're on Greenwich time, which puts you 5 hours ahead of us on Eastern Standard (EST). Since we're looking for a few hours on Saturdays between 12pm and 8pm, that makes it between 5pm and 1am for you. Let us know how that works. But we are looking for some commitment to the time.

I've managed to put some stuff together, and I'll be putting a link to it soon -- but it's pretty rough at the moment :) Things have been pretty hectic lately -- it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, and we've got the whole family coming over tomorrow. A lot of stuff to do before they arrive!

Thanks again folks for your patience! I'll be back.

16. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sorry Gnoyln not to post here before, like Sprite I had missed it and was waiting for the updates on my boards. Anyway, just to confirm officially:

1) yep I'm in
    2) Saturdays 5pm to 1am UK time are fine by me (these are the times you suggested)
    3) I'll probably be playing a dwarven barbarian but am flexible to help the party mix. I would prefer to play someone from a RP perspective who is lacking in wisdom (though not necisarily in inteligence) as I have never played any of the D&D systems so will need time to get up to speed. On that note I'm off to read the 3rd edition manual to see if there is scope for reincarnating my favourite character of all the Peddlar Mr Devious - possibly as a rogue type......

While I'm here I'd just like to add my support for netmeeting too - you can talk instead of type (much quicker and allows more meaning to come through) you can type notes as well, you can use the wipeboard to sketch ideas, character positions, Area maps can also be predrawn and then loaded onto the wipeboard etc. we can all access Gnoyln's spreadsheet.

PS sorry I can never remember where the 'y' goes in Gnoyln's name.

PPS NETMEETING is availalbe free from here
    www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/

PPPS Gnoyln if you need server space to put whatever you are putting together online - or any help, I can create space on Mature Gamer for you.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited October 06, 2001).]

17. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

thanks gnolyn

we could prepeare our chars beforehand and mail them to you if we'll follow a point buy system. but in any case, it looks a little early for that at the moment.

well, judging from the current party makeup, i'd like to play a wizard, possibly an illusionist. The new metamagic feats look intriguing, to say the least :)

as for netmeeting, i have no qualms but i'm rather skeptic for the moment. We'll try and see. Looks like I'll have to boot my windows for something other than playing games after all :D

oh, and if you need any help for the website etc, i could lend some assistance. Just let me know.

18. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Well, i don't have any of the books. How should i make my char? I -do- however have the WoTC D&D Char generator.

19. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Thanks guys!

I've put some stuff together online here: http://www.geocities.com/bartholope

The site is still pretty rough, but I'm working on it :) So please bare with me. I'll be putting more info up just about everyday, so keep checking. And, of course, any input is welcome.

Oh, and I'm updating my profile here so you can contact me.

As for character generation, I'm torn between rolling 4d6 for each stat (discarding the lowest die roll each time), and the "point buy" system. I'll put some information on the site about the point buy system for those that don't have access to the DMG (I don't think it's covered in the PHB).

Nocturne - The D&D Char generator should be fine I think. As far as I know, it uses the core rules, so it shouldn't cause any problems with the setting. Do you need info on classes, races, feats, etc?

20. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Not really, but i like 4d6 better for the record.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.