1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

One thing you'd like to do before you die

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Clixby, Mar 2, 2006.

1. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You can make life meaningless. O, and becoming immortal destroyes the possibility of anything ever being meaningful or beautiful to you again. How can the rose you see when you get up be beautiful if you know it will always be there, if you know that you have an eternity to see it?

2. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Damn straight, deepfae. I wouldn't want to live forever - it would take the meaning and beauty out of almost everything. That, plus I'd have to work for the next 800,000 years (at least) before I could retire, and if I didn't have eternal youth as well, it'd be an eternity of arthritis, prostate examinations and... well, I just don't think it would be fun.

As for what I'd like to do before I die... aside from seeing the world, raising a happy family and seeing my kids succeed, I'd like to be able to look back in my advancing years and not have regrets about how I've lived.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

A true Sith never dies. :p :tie:

4. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Same as Shell, and I've done with children too. So I guess I'm ready then. :D

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Find a way out of my current predicament. Failing that? Be as famous as one of the following Alexander, Caesar, Henry (take your pick), Elizabeth, Stalin, Nelson, Washington, Hitler or Ghandi but for all the right reasons.

6. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

hmm, that's a tough one, i think at least, well maybe kids would be nice.

but definately also a travel around the world for me as well, before it's too late

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Seen it, and been there.

IMO, the Northern CA redwoods are a more desierable place to visit. Stay the night at a KOA and then take a ride on the 'Skunk' train. :thumb:

A lightning/snow storm aren't all that uncommon, and aren't all that great. :rolleyes: :rolling:

8. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Fall in love with the right women.

I'll cheat and do two.

Failing that i would like not to be stuck in a monotous dead end job for the rest of my life.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.