1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

One fine day... (BG 1 NOT really)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by SleepleSS, May 2, 2002.

1. Lyra blushes at such an invitation. "Dawn awakens the life in everyone... The first hints of color in the flowers, the glint of dew on the plants, the sky full of colors of the rainbows. It is indeed, something you should never miss, but alas, I have found a place in darkness, wrapped around its black tendrils, which I have took in."

Lyra turns to face him and smiles. "Joining you would be such a pleasure to me. Now if you will be so kind, may I have my packs back?"

When Lyra gets her packs back, she takes an arrow and fits it into her bow. Aiming for a bush, she shoots and everyone hears an agonizing scream. Then she attachs her quiver of arrows to her belt and fits another arrow in her bow, but she doesn't shoot.

"Somehow, I don't think Nashkel will be too keen to welcome us what with the mine problems and things..." Lyra sighs.

(ooc: Woohoo! 100th post :grin: )

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited July 26, 2002).]

2. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] (Well 101 is my lucky number, so I'm glad to do this post ;))

I hate the dawn, I love the darkness of the night, but always the dawn will come and annoy me! April mumbles more to her self then to anybody in particular she casts a spell and 3 burning hobgoblins come runing from behind a bush, Rabik quickly killes them of whit his sword.

But I love fire! April explains. Look I can see the mines, we will be there before the next dawn will come to annoy us whit another stupid rainbow, wait a sec, they aint that bad, and she winks to Lyra.

Then she thinks back, a way back when she was only 121, she had just learn how to travel between planes, what was a good thing since the winds of Pandemonium where driving her crazy. Now she was on a little plane filled with flowers and a big rainbow painted the sky with her magnificent colors, bunnies where runing through the grass lands and a bird in the distance made a sound that sounded like: Ju-Yup. April was happy on this plane, there where no creatures that disliked her, she didn't have to use her magic to survive, everything was...

Then a noise brought her back into reality, and she saw a few orcs puting Lyra Rabik and Majikus in a card. 2 more orcs where walking towards her whit a big net...

3. Lyra realizes the orcs closing in on her. Suddenly she says to an orc, "You know what? Bringing me to your master isn't a good idea."

The orc frowns stupidly and says, "My master? Me no have master."

Lyra sensed great talking fun. "Oh but of course you have a master! Everyone has a master. And bring me to your master isn't a good idea at all! I'm the wrong person your looking for!"

The orc scratchs his head. "Uh... Okays..."

Lyra feels more confident with each saying. "See? The people you want are *way* over there. I can see them perfectly. No more than 80 feet away from us."

This time all the orcs look the other way to see. Quickly she raises her bow and arrows and kills one of the orcs holding the big net. She fits a second arrow in her bow and kills the second orc as swiftly as she had with the first. Taking one last arrow, she cries, "See? They are right there!" And looses the arrow, killing one of the four orcs now turning to see what is going on.

"Die, fool orcs!" Lyra says as she swings her two bladed sword toward another orc.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus smiles as Lyra outwits the Orc.
    (Man! she's smart!)
    As Lyra kills the three orcs, Majikus turns to the last orc and casts Ray of enfeeblement on it. Majikus readies his quarterstaff in a flash and charges the orc. The Orc readies to shield itself but Majikus stops short and clumps it on the head with his staff.

"Gargoyle bane, meet Orc. Orc, meet the soon to be Orc bane."

The Orc in its confusion looks at Majikus blankly trying to comprehend the wording in its wooden skull but before it gets past the word Orc, Majikus electrifies it with a lightening bolt. It squeals then collapses.

Majikus then turns to the next and swings his quarterstaff into its nuts. It grunts and collapses on the floor groaning. Majikus walks past it and casts a sleep spell on the enxt Orc. It grunts and falls asleep. Majikus then proceeds to bend down and casts vampiric touch on it, which immeditely drains the life blood out of it and enfuses Majikus. A bright aura encompasses him and he gets back up. As he turns around to face the others, an arrow flies but a hairs width past his head. He hears a groan and a slump. Majikus spins around and sees another dead Orc with a battle axe lay dead next to his own victim. He then sees Rabbik charge past and cut down the other Orc that was hit in the groin.

"Hmm ... we do have potential here... its funny that ... the Orc behind me wouldn't have touched me ... even if April hadn't killed it ... i love me stone skin spells i cast in the mornings ..."

Majikus helps Rabbik to take all the gold that they can find and then returns to the others.

"Now that was fun ... hmm, anyone think that this net is worth something? Either ways, lets proceed ... and Lyra, you still up for predawn walking? If yah, then we should do so come the fall of this night or when we have the time ... now its been a long night ... shall we rest up now or proceed?"

In the distance, it is distinct that there are smouldering buildings ...

5. Lyra steps over the dead body, but not before she spits hatred on it. She then wipes her blades on the grass, getting rid of the blood. She walks over to Majikus and looks at him straight in the eye. "I'm up for anything right now. Whew. Let's go, the sooner we get to a cizil bed, the happer I am."

Lyra walks past another dead orc and spits on it as well. "Damn those bloody fools to hell." She says sourly.

"As far as I know, I'm not hearing any screams from the smouldering buildings, so whatever is burning, nobody is hurt." Lyra sniffs the air tenderly, picking up faint smoke. She listens again, the cackling of fire had reduced, but still the burning and cackling continued.

The smoke continued to rise slowly as Lyra fitted an arrow in her bow and walked on once more.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Or, April replies They are already dead, or they can't scream... Than she casts a spell on Majikus and it looks like sjhe is suffering from the inside. Then she opens her mouth, as if she wants to say something but now words are coming out.

Do you feel..difrent? She askes Majikus...

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus looks at April and sighs

"If you must know, i have been meeting some ... hardships ... especially family wise ... My brother ... he is being hunted ... I try to speak to him telepathically ... I've kept it quiet ... I needed to think abit ... he's being hunted by a fallen lord that wants him dead as he foiled his plans to take over Amn ... I hear he is being hunted by some female assasin ... thing is, i can't get to him ... he is well over three hundred miles away ... at the moment he is seeking refuge in an elven city. Him and I are close ... very close ... to lose him is to lose myself. But apart from that I'm fine. You? You feeling any different?"

After April says her piece, Majikus walks up beside Lyra as they ever near the mines of Nashkal. The back of their hands make slight contact occasionally. Majikus wishes that he could hold her in his arms and embrace her with a long, sweet kiss...

8. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Lyra looks up at Majikus in alarm. She had forgotton what it was like to feel the trust and love of other siblings, the support of family.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Pray tell, what is the name of your brother? I'll see if I can help; it is the least I can do. I have forgotton what my parents looked like, sounded like, acted like. May the Goddess bless you and your brother for such closeness." Lyra said. She knew if Majikus couldn't contact his brother, she had almost no chance, considering the great advantage being the bondage of siblings.

"April, if they were already dead, why bother? It's bad enough fighting undead than picking up dead bodies to deliver to their families..." Lyra shuddered at the memories of fending off undead.

As Majikus brushes the back of his hand against hers. She turned towards him, still making sure her bow and arrow are still pointed down. She winced at her unpleasant love memories and says, "Please, I'd rather you not do that. I admire your smooth skin and all, but I'm trying to figure my love life out right now..."

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus looks at Lyra and smiles.

"Yeah that would be nice ... its up to you of course ... I think ... sometime when this mine business is over, i may depart a while to search Amn ... for my brother Kaleet. April, Rabbik would you come with me afte rthe problem with the Nashkal mines ... I just need a few days, maybe a week to search for my brother ... I must help him..."

He then turns back to Lyra
    "It is up to you if you want to follow me when i decide to go, though i will admit, your company would be more than welcome ... maybe we could teach each other songs or something?"
    Majikus smiles at Lyra and then continues walking with her

He drifts off into his imagination about him and her in an embrace when she turns to him
    "Eh? what? (looks down) oh right ... yeah ... you like my hands eh? Your love life? um ... yeah sure thats fine by me ... I didn't mean to cause any er ... discomforts or anything... I'll er ... just walk up ahead yeah?"

Majikus sprints off ahead slightly
    (Man ... thats almost bugered my chances)
    He then proceeds to punch a bit of rotting wood by the side ...
    Majikus looks up and he can see dead bodies lying around ... both goblinoid and humanoid. He looks back and the others are about 100 metres away. He sees an old man kneeling over his son.

"What the? whats happened here friend?"
    "The goblins ... kobolds ... they came and took over the mine ... they are inside ... fighting the rest of our guards ... they outnumber us ..."
    "I see, thankyou friend, i shall avenge this place"

Majikus gets up and grips his quarterstaff. Anger flushes through him and hate corses through his veins. He casts protection from evil, infravision and improved invisibility on himself and then runs into the mines ... the others are just in time to catch a glimpse of him cast invisibility on himself and followed the footprints that he made into the mind ...

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Wait a second, April sais. Your son is not dead..yet. But I can help him, if you give me a few minutes to concentrate. The old man nods and walks to Rabik Majikus and Lyra.

April lays her hand on the head of the boy mumbles a few worlds and then there is complete silence that seems to last for more than an hour.

Then a white light is coming from her hand, and the boy begins to shake. Then he opens his eyes and looks at April, he smiles.

April smiles back and then she falls down. She doesn;t move at all and it looks like she isn't breathing either.

Then after a few minutes she opens her eyes, and shakes her head. I was...wrong... He was dead.. but I brought him...Back..Somehow...Still got my inproved sensate touch, but I didn't know it was..that powerfull...

Let's go to the mines!

And of course, Rabik adds, we shall travel whit you to Amn, when this is over...

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

note: Majikus has already run into the mines alone about 5 mins before the group. (and he's invisible)

Majikus tears down the mines with Hook. He looks left right and centre. He can hear the cries of battle. He shakes his head and presses on. Anger flows through him. Heat pumps through his veins. The cries grow louder. The clashing of metal ever nearing. Screams, yells, splatters & death can be heard...

Majikus tears around the corner only to stop short. He stops but 3 feet from a kobold which is eyeing up Hook. The kobold starts raising its spear and Hook hisses at it. Majikus's heart boils up with anger and he creeps up behind the kobold. He readies his dagger and whispers into the kobolds ear

"No one messes with my cat"

With a surprised look on its face, Majikus slits its throat and lets it slump to the floor. Majikus then sees the stairway to the next level of dungeon. He prays for himself, Hook, the safety of the guards and townsfolk, Rabbik and April and lastly but most fondly, for Lyra. Majikus heads down ...

12. SC Gems: 23/31

Lyra lets Majikus walk ahead of her, and then waits for April to do her work in raising the boy. Although when April slumps a cry from the mines pierce the air so sharp she has to rub her ears and clear her head before she can concentrate again.

"Majikus!" She calls, ripping a her skirts so she can run. Lyra races to the mines as fast as she can. Bow and arrow never leaving her.

Lyra enters the mine, seeing everthing clearly. She gets a torch and lights her arrow on fire and continues on. She goes on, whispering a tiny spell on her arrow. Upon seeing a mass of twenty kolbolds she releases her arrow with dead precision on the center kolbold. Immediately the arrows sinks into flesh and explodes, engulfing the mass into a ball of flames.

The woman fits another arrow into her bow and lights it with a nearby torch. This time she holds back from spelling the arrow. When she hears Majikus's voice nearby, she hurries toward him, catching him slit another kolbold's throat.

Upon she seeing a cat, she asks Majikus quickly, "This pretty kitty here yours? Hook..." She reads on her collar. Lyra feels a pang at the side of her leg where a goblin had crept up on her to stab her. She faces it, points the arrow to its head, and says, "Time to die." She lets go.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] The mines.. I hate this place. I've been here before, and there was nothing but trouble back then. Rabik mumbles to no one in particular, well he stabs a kobold through te hard.

I hope this will be over soon, and I wonder when the real evil will show it's face, cause you can't tell me that there are only kobolds to garth her...

April looks at him and sais, I have to agree whit you, this is just to easy..

[ July 28, 2002, 20:50: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus smiles at Lyra through his blurred image.
    "Yeah ... Hooks a beauty ... she's been with me through thick and thin ... had her since i started ten years ago ... hold up..."
    Majikus jumps in front of Lyra and slams one side of his quarterstaff into a goblin and the other side to block a blow from another goblin standing nearby. Majikus then jumps back and mutters a few words. Immediately all goblins within 10 metres of him freeze up in a locked position. Majikus turns back to Lyra ...

"I have to go on ahead ... something is drawing me ... I will see you later ... I pray for your safety Lyra..."

With that Majikus casts Stone Skin, turns and runs further down into the mine with Hook by his feet...

15. SC Gems: 23/31

Lyra nods in understanding. "See you, then" she calls as she looks around for a different direction. Upon inspection, a path led off to the side, turning briskly right out of view. Lyra shrugs and walks briskly around the bend, holding her arrow in front of her as she walks, looking to kill anything that came within her 60 foot view in the dim corridors.

Lyra walks down the path, her hair being shaken loose into a frenzy, and her skirt ripped with a trickle of blood flowing down from her gash in the side of her leg. With the flaming arrow illuminating her face the slightest bit, she looks deadly. The path emerges to a tiny room with a few weapon racks, where a group of goblins were huddling to discuss plans. Only one goblin was standing on guard, and she shot him quickly with the flaming arrow.

Quickly, her hands moving at light speed, Lyra shot down the rest of the group. Once the goblins are dead, she looks around for more arrows, and upon sighting them, grabs the lot. Hurrying back, Lyr inspects the tunnels to see if any stray goblin has escaped. She shot down any, switched her weapon from a bow to her two bladed sword. Casting a ice shield around her, she hurried off in the direction Majikus had taken.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus uses his blurred image to blend in with what ever shadows he can hide in. When a lone kobold came too near, He would slit its throat. Soon, there was a trail of dead kobolds and goblins behind him. Majikus had been travelling for a number of minutes when he came across his target...

Another opening loomed in front of him and inside was a bright source of light. He also noticed that there were several kobolds standing guard. One was in commando gear. Majikus muttered a few words and instantly several skeletons broke out from the ground right next to the surprised kobolds. The kobolds did not stand a chance. Without blunt weapons they were powerless to the steady onslaught of the undead. Once the deed was done, Majikus set them on guard mode to attack all hostile creatures with the exception to his group and the guards of Nashkal should they come along...

Majikus recasts several protection spells on himself and entered the opening. Inside he could see a man speaking to several goblins pressumably his body guards. With little thought, Majikus turns around and summons more undead to combat the guards. But before the skeletons get a chance to land their first strike, they crumble to dust and Majikus sees that man weilding a holy symbol.

"Ah so you think you can defeat me young one?"
    "I may be young but i'm not too young to let you win this time!"
    "Fool! You are still too young! Now it is time to see!"
    The figure mutters a few commands and the goblins attack. Majikus stands and watches as the goblins try in vain to hit him. The orb surrounding absorbs the effects of their crude weaponary. He then proceeds to treat them to two rounds of Magic missile.

They all drop dead. It is just Majikus and the evil cleric now ... but once Majikus had disposed of the goblns, the cleric mutters a last word and points at Majikus. A spiritual hammer emerges from the clerics hands and slams Majikus square in the chest which sends him across the room.

Majikus gets up and brushes himself...
    "Enough games evil one! Your time ends now!"
    With that, Majikus takes up a stance and starts to mutter a few words. In his outstretched hands, energy orbs start to formulate ...

17. SC Gems: 23/31

Lyra wades through the bodies of dead goblins and kolbolds, noting that all have slit in their throats. I wouldn't mind it so much if there wasn't so much blood staining my dress, thinks Lyra as she continues on. Upon reaching a large opening, she sees a few skeletons guarding an entrance. The woman walks towards them, cautious in case they attack her, but when she nears them they back away, allowing her to enter. Sighing with relief, she jogs on.

Lyra walks in. A bright light blinds her for a few seconds, but she sees that it is an orb forming in Majikus's hand.

"No! Don't do it! We need to get information out of him first. Not to mention April and Rabbik need to come here," says Lyra, as she puts her blade to the cleric's throat, always alert in any trick him might perform. Having an idea, she lowers her blade and cuts his hands off.

"No more spells for you, bastard." Lyra says harshly as she puts her blade close to his neck again, aware to pull back in case he wants to kill himself.

After some time April and Rabbik arrive on the scene. Lyra lowers her blade and backs away for them to confront the cleric. When she takes a moment to breath and think, she realizes how much of a headache she has, although she can't remember ever getting a headache from such a amature cause. She sits against the wall, hoping for it to clear. Then the woman takes a look at her leg wound and sees now a tiny hint of poison in the blood of her wound. Lyra whispers to Majikus, "Do you have any antidote? I think I'm poisoned."

Lyra's vision blurs and her skin goes deathly white. Someone is offering an antidote. She tries getting up to get it; it was just beyond her reach. Failing, she slumps to the ground, going unconcious.

[ July 30, 2002, 19:22: Message edited by: S Goddess ]

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus watches on as Lyra keeps the blade near his throat. He can feel his power infusing with the orbs generated in his hands. The orbs grow slightly larger but Majikus stays them ... when Rabbik and April come, he absorbs the energy and awaits for them to carry out what ever inquisitions on the cleric they may desire.

When Lyra starts to complain about her leg, Majikus's face frowns with concern and proceeds over to her...
    "Yeah i have an antidote, here is - ... Lyra? Lyra? LYRA!"
    Majikus's eyes widen with fear as Lyra falls unconcious and he fumbles the potion. It smashes on the ground. Majikus is quick to respond and bends down over Lyra and takes her leg. He then mutters a few words and waves his hands around slightly. As the others look on, they notice a green aura ommitting from Majikus ... he puts his hand over her leg and lets the aura channel its energy through him and into her bloodstream. Within a few minutes Lyra opens her eyes to see a very concerned Majikus towering over her. He smiles at her...
    "Hello there, how are you feeling? I just concocted one of my sp-"
    "Aww isn't that cute? love! I can't wait to tell the boss this!"
    The cleric sneers as Majikus looks on at Rabbik
    "Do what you must with him, then leave him to me ... this fiend has plagued my life ... it will soon be time to erase him from my life. For now I'll attend to Lyra..."
    Majikus looks back at Lyra and puts his hand under her head so as to try and comfort it from the stone that lies beneath ...

19. SC Gems: 23/31

Lyra feels nothing. Has she reaches the realms of the dead? Or maybe it is some dream she is in, never be able to get out. Soon though, the woman feels lightness on her face. She opens her eyes to see Majikus leaning over her leg.

When the cleric sneers, she stares coldly at him. "It's better to be loved and lost then to never have loved at all," the woman says darkly. She shifts her position as Majikus slides his hand beneath her head. She couldn't believe what she was doing.

It has taken her almost six years to build the mental walls around her. It kept out all the mild lovers she took interest in, it gave her the security of not getting too deep to kill anyone who deserved life. But now... Her walls seem to crumble around her at the look of Majikus. The walls took so much time to build up, so much people she has kept out of her inner self. The woman bites her lower lip. Majikus can simply walk past my walled rubble, and I do nothing about it, one side of Lyra complains, Is this how my life is going, towards Majikus? Is this how I want my life?! Lyra's other side comes in, Well... it doesn't seem too bad...

Lyra shakes her head. She can't think now. Not when there are more important matters. Lyra tries to get herself up from the ground. She falls over. "Here, Majikus, help me get up from the ground..."

[ July 31, 2002, 22:28: Message edited by: S Goddess ]

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] This is just great! Rabik says, first I walk into a group of Beholders, then I stand till my knees in the blood of kobolds and Goblis that I did slaughter or where slaughtered by my companions, and now this crazy clerk turns up! Did I tell you that I hate this place?

April Nods and turns her head to the clerick, you better tell us where Alora and the other prisoners are, I'm in a very bad mood and it would be a pleasure to kill you, speak up NOW!

When she sais this last words a beam of fire comes from her eyes, burning the beard and moustace of the clerick. They..They are in the next room! But please don't kill me, I'm just a messenger of evil, I'm not word it please!

Rabik looks at the wall and finds a secret door he opens it and sees a lot of people lying there, most are unconsious some of them ar death. That does it! April screams, I gonna Kill you right here right now! She casts a spell on the clerc and he falls to the ground, screaming in pain.

Oops did I break your concentration? Oh wait a second it was your back! No I gonna, or wait a second, April turns to Majikus, you had to settle a score with this guy? Finish it....

[OoC I'm going on a holliday tomorow, so I wont be able to post for a while, can we pause the story her for a while? Greetz, SleepleSS}

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.