1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

One fine day... (BG 1 NOT really)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by SleepleSS, May 2, 2002.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Rabik finish his drink. Damn he thinks Sarevok knows that we look for Alora! I wonder if he also knows why...

April looks at Lyra, when she is finished whit her hair. Then she sais: I really hate Sarevok, he killed everybody I did love, and took away my power to end my life...

But I know of a few ways to kill him, whitout destroying myself! But I can't say how.. We must find Alora first she is.. Importand.. But Sarevok doesn't know that, whe have to keep it that way.

There is another problem... I talked to Rabik, before Our meeting whit Sarevok. Whe have deicided to leave Imoen and Xzar here, they know to few and are to weak for the things that we shall meet on our way. So we have deiceded to leave this night, while they are sleeping...

And..Thanks...

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus opens his eyes. He is still at the table. He looks around and then feels for his purse. Amazingly it is still there ... but wait! it is ever so slightly thinner than usual. His eyes fall on his table ... he sees numourous empty glasses ... all of them his.

"Man! did i drink that much?"

Majikus gets up and the blood instantly drains from his head causing him to go slightly light headed. He sits back down and rests his head in his folded arms.

Majikus looks up and looks outside the window ... it is coming onto evening. Majikus gets up and walks upstairs. He sees that Lyra's room is still open and that April has gone. Lyra is sitting on the bed combing her hair. Majikus stands at the top of the stair case looking at her for what must have seemed an hour. He then starts walking towards Lyra's room ... his heart every beating faster...

Majikus knocks on the door and does a sought of cough and enters.
    He sits by Lyra's side and takes her hands in his
    "Are you alright? How are you feeling now?"
    A twinkle sparkles in Majikus's eyes...

3. "Oh! Yes I'm fine... I was about to go to your table but I noticed you had too much fun drinking down every single mug of beer at everyone's table... I'm a non-alcoholic. You aren't going to travel very well with that hangover coming on," Lyra points out quietly.

"Look, I didn't... mean to cry like that. Now Sarevok will probably try to manipulate me by killing my love... I just can't commit to love so quickly. Can we just... go my pace? I hate rushing into things so early..." Lyra trails off and looks at her hands in Majikus's. She hadn't noticed earlier. "Shouldn't you go finish packing maybe...?"

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus raises an eyebrow
    "Hangover? now? I've slept it off already. I'm fine ... I've played a wee too many drinking games with my old group to get affecte too badly by the alcohol."

Majikus then listens to what Lyra has to say after but his expression doesn't change or falter. He looks deep into her eyes ...
    "Lyra, I'd be happy to go at your pace ... yeah i must admit, I'm not used to rushing in early either ... yeah so ... er, lets go at our pace ... see how things go and all ... just tell me if you're uncomfortable with anything okay? Yeah i suppose that i should finish my packing ... I'll be back soon"

Majikus withdraws himself and goes back into his own room where he casts mage hand a few times to help finish the remainder of his packing. After a few minutes, Majikus notices a lute by his staff and a flood of memories hit him at once forcing him to sit down on his bed. Majikus sighs and picks up the lute ... He had travelled so far and wide and yet he has forgotten about the lute he bought which was chosen by his old tutor Mistle ...

Majikus then starts playing the lute, struming and plucking the strings according to the chords he plays. Majikus then remembers some of the old elven tunes that Mistle had taught him. Soon, all that can be heard from outside his open door is the making of sweet music mixed with the melodies of his voice ...

5. Lyra's ears perks up. That elven ballad... It's so familiar to her. She closes her eyes, and lets her ears guide her to the music. When she finds her destination she realizes she's in Majikus's room. She never knew Maj has such a beautiful voice. Or that he plays the lute.

Lyra sits down and joins in with his voice, singing in a voice she has never used in a long time. Her voice immediately twines with the music.

Minutes pass and the song comes to an end. She is suddenly aware of what she has done. "That is very odd. I haven't sang anything for the last hundred years. I didn't think I had any talent in it so I left it. But now it brings such happy memories... And when did you start playing the lute? That is the first ballad I actually sang. It's been so long..."

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus smiles as Lyra comes in and blushes slightly as she joins him in singing. He notes the way Lyra sings the song in amazing harmony and gives the elven song an even greater dimension of beauty.

When the song ends,
    "You have a beautiful voice Lyra. You say that you havn't used your voice for near to a hundred years but you sound as if you were training it but a moment ago ... and you have alot of talent."
    Majikus looks into Lyra's eyes for a moment and blushes...
    "I first learnt the lute when i was but a young necromancer ... I learnt how to play the lute from the then current bard in our group. She was called Mistle and she was very kind to put the time aside from adventuring and her boyfriend to teach me how to play. For that I am grateful and she set me on the path to learning my inbuilt abilities ... I mean, by diversifying into bardic skills, it has allowed me to follow two things that i love ... firstly the art of music and expression and secondly, it has allowed me to become a more pwoerful spellcaster..."

Majikus drifts off for a moment ...

"yeah ... I started learning when during the post drow wars ... my group was with a group of barbarians that were being supplied with drow equipment ... the drow were supplying them ... I had to make a sacrifice ... I had to risk killing innocent farmers in order to thwart the drow ... My friend ... Ilmenost, his family were murdered by the drow ... I wish he was with the group then but the rest of the party ... they wouldn't have him ... especially Mistle's boyfriend Hayden. I and maybe Jakob and Ashe were the only ones that cared about Ilmenost ... I swallowed the pain but i have never forgotten what they have done to me ... to Ilmenost and I shall never forgive them for that ..."

Majikus falls silent ... his face tilted downwards, his face sad and a tear trickling down his eye ...

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited July 22, 2002).]

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] A beuatyfull song and a beautyfull story! April says once walks towards Lyra and Majikus, I'm sorry to interupd but we must go now, Rabik is waiting outside.

Some moments later the four of them are standing packed and ready to go outside the gates of the friendkly arm in...

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus waits for the others after deciding to feather fall out of his room. It was quite cold in the night and he tugs his cloak around him severely wishing that he could hold Lyra for warmth.

When the others arrive, he looks at Rabbik, "so where are we going now? I've heard that there may be some hobgoblin activity around ... but don't worry about them. Lyra and I can handle them ... well ... anyoe can handle them to be honest ... "

9. Lyra breathes in the cool air eagerly. She has met colder when she was all alone. Lyra looks around at her settings and comments absent-mindedly, "Hobgoblins, eh? What fun. Let's get out of here, I've already spent a week of lounging and lazing about that place. Besides, the sooner we get out, the less of a chance Imoen or Xar can see us if they happen to look out the window."

Lyra pushes the gate open and takes one last look at Friendly Arm, knowing she probably won't be seeing it for a long time...

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Hobgoblins or no problem at all, Rabik says to Majikus. We're going to the Nashkel mines now. There are evils there that are older and more dangerous than hobgoblins, hope I can count on you by those to?

Then the group starts to march, April has the feeling that somebody is folowing them but she sees nobody. Then she notice that Lyra has hearth something to, She walks over to her and whispers,so Majikus and Rabik can't hear her, So, you think someone is following us?

11. Lyra whispers back. "Yes, I feel that there is someone following us." Lyra looks around. "Although I wish I could just see them! We should hurry quickly, and get to Nashkel a bit early. For all we know it could be Sarevok trying to follow. I think us being followed is no accident either. I will fall back a bit. Night is no stranger to me and I have traveled along here often enough to know my way by heart. Although I will look suspicious with my packs. No matter, I will get Majikus to carry my things except my five daggers... You go along to Nashkel without me, if I see something I will catch up. And make haste!"

With that, Lyra creeps up to Majikus and whispers her suggestion for him to carry all her things, then she kisses him on the cheek and slinks off into the darkness.

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Wait! April says before Lyra leaves. It's coming this way! And I feel it's kindred! I feel he must be near but I can't see him, so it must be a drow!

Lyra waits and walks back to April. I can she him now Lyra sais over there! You and it looks like this he is a she! if you look at her stiloute and the way she moves! April replys.

The figure stops I think she saw us April whispers to lyra. Than the figure walkes to the girls slowly caerefully planing every step that she takes. April looks behind her Majikus and Rabik arew already a few miles away. Then she whispers to Lyra, hold you're daggers! I think does one won't do us harm... I think I know her...

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus takes the extra luggage and continues to walk with Rabbik just chatting about random encounters and the such. Majikus wondering where April and Lyra are, turns around to see but he can't make anyhting out in the darkness. He casts Infravision on himself and is just able to see Lyra and April a few miles away.

"Weird ... how we get that far from them?"
    Majikus then spies the thrid figure approaching them. A sudden panic hits him as he thinks about Lyra. But upon further inspection, he sees that no weapons are raised and he relaxes alittle. Turning to Rabbik,

"Hey Rabbik, wanna rest here a minute while we wait for the others to catch up?"

They sit down and wait.
    While waiting, they hear a sudden battle cry and a flury of arrows emerge from the nearby bushes. One sinks into Rabbiks arm and another into Majikus's leg. a split second later three hobgoblins emerge and charge the duo. Rabbik jumps up and grabs his sword but not his shield and places him self inbetween Majikus and the hobgoblins. He makes a swing and is lefts the blade sink deep into the nearest goblin which lets out a howl and collapses. A moment later 5 missiles leave majikus's fingers and 3 sink into the next goblin, killing it while the other 2 hit the remaining goblin. The goblin howls and tries to charge Majikus but before he even gets close, Rabbik plunges his dagger deep into the goblins throat. A gurgling sound is heard and the it slumps over dead. Rabbik pulls his sword and dagger out of the corpses and sits next to Majikus.

Majikus pulls the arrows out of himself and Rabbik and they both let out a groan of pain...

"Thanks man ... you handles them good ..." whispers Majikus as he clutches his teeth
    "Thats okay ... we shared the spoils ... one and a half each yes?"
    They both chuckle and wait as best they can for Lyra and April to return ...

14. Lyra stays and waits a bit. When the figure approaches them routine made her take both her daggers from her belt when she realizes April shaking her head. Lyra shrugs and puts the daggers back in her belt.

"Wait a minute... Where are the men?" Lyra looks ahead and clearly sees them walking and then waiting for her. The woman looks back to the figure. "Hello there..." Lyra's voice is cut off by sounds of battle. "April, I'm going to see what the men are up to."

Lyra casts a spell and she sprints off at an extra-ordinary speed. She realizes that she would be too late for the battle. When she reaches there, Majikus is sprawled on the ground, blood trickling down his leg. The woman eyes him, and then says, "Hold still."

Lyra concentrates and whispers a few words before putting her hand over the wound. In a few seconds she takes her hand away and the wound is gone. Then she looks at the blood on her hand and wipes it off on the grass.

"While I was alone I met a ranger who taught me a few things." Lyra says as she repeats her method on Rabbik.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"Ow! that hur- ... actually it doesn't"

Majikus eyes the area of his leg that was seeping with blood dissapear within seconds and then looks back up to Lyra. He smiles as her lovingly

"Thanks Lov- Lyra ... so who's this ranger? I want to learn some healing stuff ... perhaps, you could teach me abit? I just want to know the simplist of spells ..."

Majikus touches her hand gently and then lets her move on to Rabbik. He stands up and looks again at April's direction...

"So whose the new one?"

A sudden sound pierces the night and Majikus spins round to see a raven flying off into the distance. He then hurries over to the dead bodies and checks their belongings. He picks up 3 healing potions and a couple of gold. He ignores the armour and then hastens back to Lyra, a look of concern in his eyes.

"Those ravens ... they be spies ... of that i am sure ... its either that or something has disturbed their sleep ... soemthing either large or there are many smaller ... we best leave here with haste. We need April to be back soon so that we can set off ... I've sent Hook up to spy out the road ... so far nothing is threatening ..."

Majikus eases back down and waits for April ... he looks at Lyra and winks at her with a reassuring smile on his face.

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] April walks towards the 3 of them. That was Viconia she sais. She had seen That Imoen and Xzar had left the friendly Arm Inn, and are traveling back to candlekeep, whit a guy named Tiax. They gonna do some small quest, and they think we are still there so do left us a message. April takes the note and hands it to Rabik.

Anyway she keeps an eye on the things around us, so we must have a rather save way to Nashkel. Unless those ravens do mean trouble, she is working on that.

The only thing we must worry about are hobgoblins. But I hearth that they are now problem for the two of you, and she looks at Rabik and Majikus. I saw the battle inside my mind. That was a neat trick Lyra, teach me! If you want...

Then the four continue there way to the mines

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

It is nearing dawn but darkness still consumes the area. In the distance, firelight can be seen.

"Hmm ... we're no where near nashkal or any other place ... we're past beregrost ... hold up guys, i'm just going to check it out. Wait here for me, i won't be long"

Majikus gives off a crafty grin and then casts improved invisibility on himself. Once cast he scurries off towards the firelight.
    Upon arriving ontop of a cliff, he peers down to see a hobgoblin outpost with roughly six or seven goblins. They all seem consumed in their own chores such as sharpening swords and eating unkown kinds of meat. Knowing full well that the hobgoblins are posted there to waylay unweary travellers, Majikus gets up ready to cast a spell...

Back in the distance, all that the rest of the group witness is a small flash and several screams of annoyance and frustration ... there is also a faint hearing of
    "I can't see! Help!"
    A few moments later, they see a large ball of fire hurtle into what they guessed was the intruders base.
    There was a loud explosion, then silence save the howling of the wind and the burning of the outpost. A few minutes later a translucent image appears.
    "Heya, its me ... hold on let me just dispel this ... *casts dispel magic* ah thats better ... yeah ... seems i was right about the ravens ... ambush set up. But worry not ... lets just say that they are deep fried. All of them...shall we continue?"

Majikus takes Lyra's hand lightly
    "So can you teach me what you know about the minor magics that you know of?"

18. Lyra smiles shyly at Majikus. "I cannot tell you the name of my ranger master. He is secretive and therefore does not share his name lightly."

Lyra travels on silently, beside Majikus and April. She listens to the woodland creatures and the rustling of the wind, while having a mental grip on the road. When Majikus goes off to kill the goblins and hobgoblin, she gives him a wink and says, "I hope nobody is starting to get hungry from thinking of fried goblin... While I was alone a ranger found me playing with a bear, and he found a love for nature inside of me... So, he decided I could be trained better in the ways of nature, by a being of nature itself. When I rain with nature's wildness at night, Selune welcomed me to her darkness with open arms. Divine power is beautiful too, as well as magic of my soul..."

Lyra falls silent once more and sees in the distance a few buildings. Noting the distance, she continues on...

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Sometimes, April sais, I wish I was a little kitty. So I could play and run all day long, withoud having all those problems, that I have now.

Rabik throws a dagger, a dead hobgoblin falls from a tree, so they are climbing in trees no, Rabik sais. Beter watch you head before they cut it of! Lyra, hand me a dagger please I did spot an other one.

The dagger flies trough the air and another Hobgoblin falls from a tree. Rabik takes back the two daggers and takes te gold from the bodies stupid creatures he mumbles...

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus chuckles as he watches Rabbik in bemusment.

"I see ... i also wonder if you realised if there were some behind us ... say roughly 100 feet back ... filtering through the trees?"

Majikus turns around and casts stinking cloud over some trees. There are a few screams and then silence.

"Lets hurry, lest the winds change ..."

As they hurry along, they notice a few dead bodies. He also notes that they do not have any metal on them whatso ever. Majikus notes this and quickens his pace until he is walking beside Lyra.

"Lyra, you say that you love to twilight walk ... and i agree with you ... it is a beautiful sight, but what about the coming of the dawn? just before the sun rises and the light world awakens? what do yo think of that? I personally think that it would be something to try out and i plan to do so soon ... i was just wondering, would you ever want to experience my first time with me?"

Nashkal looms in the distance...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.